Week 259: We delight you with goodies, revel in the madness and tease a new collaboration

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Nov 30, 2018

Cheetosdust , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Heheh, I love every staff member the same - unless we are talking about @Manu J. because I love him a little bit more :p

And here’s to Ruby, the friendliest of them all. We could have new threads and we could have the occasional “we’ll see if that’s possible”, but no, here’s to the depuration of doing more than a job title can be.

Here’s to the random posts between the random members of the community, proving that sometimes, sometimes the best seats are not the VIP ones, but instead those that allow us to be in the middle of it all, communing with all of us to better take the pulse of this community.

Here, to someone that once took from her own time to do a collage with pictures from a trip, engaging with all of us that wanted to ask a question, when you clearly didn’t have to; to someone that is always ready to read what you write, even when the words are not the sweetest ones about the company.

And specially, here’s to someone that has a phenomenal sense of humor, proving that the nonsense really is universal, even if it’s just a dumb joke about hongbao extended until it’s everything but what it really is.

So here’s to you. Keep being awesome and keep being on these forums. Here, I believe that's more than 728 characters :cool:

Alvie, Ruby G., Shivang Joshi and 2 others like this.
  2. youbi
    Assistant Head Moderator Assistant Head Moderator Nov 30, 2018

youbi , Nov 30, 2018 :
    On principle it should be, at least that is what Google and news sites said about it, but things aren't always that linear, and if you look to the android OEM's market and how updates are still happening it does leaves some doubts.

But in the end, I'm neither a developer neither Oneplus staff, so the only thing I can actually say is that I'm trying to keep everyone's sanity around here, and that this place keeps being one that everyone enjoys visiting, and nothing more than that :)

Alvie, Cheetosdust, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  3. Austin72
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

Austin72 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    I just hope that it isn't the case that OnePlus just wants to hold pie/similar updates and release them at strategic times for extra news cycles/free advertisements.
    But that's just a conspiracy.

4. G_Viru
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2018

G_Viru , Nov 30, 2018 :
    it's already late for update leave it, no point in arguing on this group.5T users are the one who suffer always we got O after 3/3T and now Pie (which we still didn't get) many months after 6 6T. I don't know what's wrong with OP. leave them alone they will provide the update when they want, let's just stay calm. They are in news for thunder edition after that now McLaren,let the hype come down then we will get pie so OP is again in news.I have seen atleast 5 if not more mobile to get pie in November

5. youbi

youbi , Nov 30, 2018 :
    I've always found funny those sort of conspiracy. What would anyone gain by doing that sort of thing? :confused: I'm sure Oneplus, just like any other OEM, would love to launch updates ASAP, but the truth is that things aren't always that simple.

And truth be told, that no matter how people see it, Oneplus is still on the good side of Android updates market, and news tech do focus on that.

https://www.phonearena.com/news/one...l-receiving-routine-software-updates_id111436

I get that people are eager to test out new things, that's our human nature, but sometimes putting things on perspective always helps.

6. script
    Moderator Moderator Nov 30, 2018

script , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Thx Ruby again for the new weekly. Informative and entertaining as always. Plus: again you „stole“ two great tutorials I will feature in the new monthly December photo thread.
    Great minds, as they say....

Have a good weekend all, and don't forget to save the world and the boat, since the captain is no longer on board....

7. David Y.
    OxygenOS Staff Member Nov 30, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y. , Nov 30, 2018 :
    To those who want to know how the Pie goes, as I said last week, Patience and love are all we need at this stage.

The HydrogenOS flavor Pie which released yesterday doesn't have to go thru Google CTS, that's why it was rolled out earlier than OxygenOS.

Go and have a nice weekend, friends.

8. Austin72
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

I mean it's pretty obvious what they would gain... Free advertising = more short term money.

OnePlus if you're reading this, please note that this is not the right way to do things as releasing updates ASAP will gain you more long term customers and more money in the long run.

Also note that this is just a conspiracy. (But one that makes too much sense)

deviantartjr and arpit1+ like this.
  9. I1539982403974
    Eclair Nov 30, 2018

10. sam311
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2018

sam311 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    1543578784740.jpg
    See this finally he is saying sth....So I think the pie won't be coming this week

Yag1z, otto2 and Eslavath_Roshan like this.
  11. deviantartjr
    Honeycomb Nov 30, 2018

deviantartjr , Nov 30, 2018 :
    TLDR so the OxygenOs Pie really close then eh,mate?

12. youbi

youbi , Nov 30, 2018 :
    So a company would delay an update on purpose, so that it would get publicity about it. And you think getting publicity about haven't delivered something would be better than actually having delivered that thing? :confused:

I can only think on the classic meme to answer that. :D

[​IMG]

Thanks for sharing the latest news. :) The truth is that it seems we have plenty that can't really take their eyes of the oven and keep seeing if the pie is ready. :tongueclosed:

13. majefx
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

majefx , Nov 30, 2018 :
    IF YOU GUYS ARE UPDATE THE 3T OR 3 PRIOR THAN 5 AND 5T IT WONT BE AN ETHIC ACT.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2018

Dhruvit Jain likes this.
  14. Austin72
    Gingerbread Nov 30, 2018

Ethical* not ethnic lol

15. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Nov 30, 2018

Dresa91 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    thanks @David Y. for giving a statement.
    hope this helps to keep this thread clean.

Bouncer71, rarog, Cheetosdust and 4 others like this.
  16. B_Wrath
    Nougat Nov 30, 2018

B_Wrath , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Why do you have to feel jealous? You should know the love community has for you from that shout out superlative thread! You are head and shoulders ahead of Carl! I door one, have lots of love for you than the Bee-man! :)

Ruby G., Cheetosdust and Dresa91 like this.
  17. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Nov 30, 2018

Dresa91 , Nov 30, 2018 :
    your keyboard is broken

Alvie, Cheetosdust, otto2 and 2 others like this.
  18. B_Wrath
    Nougat Nov 30, 2018

B_Wrath , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Thanks for the update man! I hope people stop spamming about pie now. They got the pie dosage in the weekly update which they craved.

Alvie, Dresa91 and Cheetosdust like this.
  19. OPO OOS lover
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2018

OPO OOS lover , Nov 30, 2018 :
    Well give this to Justin Bartha from National treasure he will love driving it Tax-Free along the streets of L.A

20. B.yashaswi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 30, 2018

Alvie and Ruby G. like this.