Week 26 - Invites, Shipments and the OnePlus Race!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joao50
    Donut Jun 14, 2014

joao50 , Jun 14, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update :). I hope the invites start to be released more often now. Good job

2. rikesh942010
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2014

rikesh942010 , Jun 14, 2014 :
    Thanks for the info :D

3. Ashkael
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2014

Ashkael , Jun 14, 2014 :
    i have a question, how did the market got their hands on the oneplus one and now they sell it without invitation, but more expensive ? I mean, why they are so few invites for fans that stay here on the forum day and night, and the magazine sell youre phone so easy...whats the catch ?

4. keltypack
    Froyo Jun 14, 2014

keltypack , Jun 14, 2014 :
    I wish I could buy One. I would much prefer being put on a waitlist to have my phone shipped later. These games are silly and increase the level of frustration rather than build excitement. If it were only a couple of weeks, it would have been okay, but we are now pushing two months.

5. mnupea
    Froyo Jun 14, 2014

mnupea , Jun 14, 2014 :
    You told that in the end of this month it will be invites for al of us. Don't lie... I'll lose the hope on that company if it's not true...

faTal1ty090 likes this.
  6. luke3026

7. Reckless88
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2014

8. tbschommer
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2014

9. 500E
    Froyo Jun 14, 2014

10. thommes
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2014

11. noamg97
    Eclair Jun 14, 2014

12. rusirius
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2014

rusirius , Jun 14, 2014 :
    I hope you're not blind because the OnePlus Race is sowing the seeds of rage due to this inane invite system. Potential customers are being turned off and tuning out because of the crumbs that fall off your table are supposed to amaze us in some kind of splendid stupor.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014

emlin likes this.
  13. srikanth_s
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2014

srikanth_s , Jun 14, 2014 :
    Thanks. Looks like getting a invite in India is highly impossible. So not so excited.

14. simoscorpion

15. OliverSteinhoff
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2014

OliverSteinhoff , Jun 14, 2014 :
    German Translation:

Yet another amazing week at OnePlus headquarters. In addition to a number of invites being released,the first batch of shipmentsare on their way after a lot of hard work from our entire team (especially logistics and platform). Some of you may have already received your One already. If not, you should be getting it shortly!

As you guys have already seen, we launched the OnePlus Race, a 5-day contest which gives the first 100 people to win an invite to buy the 64 GB Sandstone black version of the One. We were impressed by the number of people who participated in the challenge so far.On the first day,we received thousands of forms within minutes of its release.The second day was the same; people engaged with OnePlus through social media at a very fast rate, and we were able to receive 100 submissions in less than a minute.Today, we saw hundreds of creative selfies on Instagram. We have exciting challenges ahead and 200 more invites to give, so stay tuned for more challenges!

We decided togive more information about SAR valuesthis week as well. Compared to the latest flagships, the One has the lowest SAR values by FCC standards for both the head and the body, while we had the lowest head SAR in Europe. However, low SAR doesn’t mean worse connectivity. While SAR and data transmission power are related, the design and position of the antenna plays a vital role signal strength. The One was designed to optimize both signal strength as well as SAR.

I hope you guys are getting excited because the OnePlus Race is just the warm up for the next batch of invites. So stay tuned on social media and the forum!

Lastly we’d like to introduce to you guys two new team members, @@StevenPMand Ruston. Steven will be working with new projects while Ruston will be doing some business development work. Our team is growing fast, and we currently have some job vacancies listed on ourCareers page. If you are interested in changing the world, then send us your CV!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Noch eine tolle Woche im OnePlus Hauptquatier. Neben einer Zahl von verschickten Einladungen sind die ersten Ladungen auf ihrem Weg nah harter Arbeit für das ganze Team, besonders der Logistik. Einige haben bereits ihr One erhalten. Wenn nicht solltet ihr es in kürze erhalten!

Wie ihr bereits gesehen habt haben wir das OnePlus Race gestartet, ein 5 Tage Kontest welches den ersten 100 Teilnehmern die Möglichkeit gibt eine Einladung eines 64GB Sandstone Black zu gewinnen. Wir waren beeindruckt von der Anzahl der Teilnehmer der Challange. Am erst Tag haben wir tausende Nachrichten nach der Veröffentlichung erhalten. Am zweiten Tag genau das gleiche: Nutzer beschäftigen sich mit OnePlus über Soziale Netzwerke und so waren wir ebenfalls in der Lage 100 Einreichungen in weniger als einer Minute zu erhalten. Heute haben wir hunderte kreative Selfies auf Instagram gesehen. Wir haben weitere aufregende Aufgaben vor uns und weitere 200 Einladungen zu vergeben, also bleibt dran für mehr Challanges.

Wir entschieden uns auch dazu, mehr Informationen über den SAR Wert anzugeben. Verglichen mit den neusten Flagships hat das One den geringsten SAR Wert für den FCC Standard für den Kopf und den Körper während wir den geringsten SAR Wert für den Kopf in Europa haben. Wie auch immer, ein niedriger SAR Wert bedeutet nicht gleich schlechtere Verbindung. Während SAR und Datenübertragungsnetz verwandt sind, spielt das Design und die Position der Antenne eine wichtige Rolle im Bezug auf Signalstärke. Das One war dazu designt um beides zu optimieren, den SAR Wert und die Signalstärke.

Ich hoffe ihr seid begeistert, denn das OnePlus Race ist nur ein Warm Up für die nächste Ladung an Einladungen. Also bleibt an den Sozialen Netzwerken und dem Forum dran!

Letzlich möchten wir euch unsere zwei neuen Team Mitglieder vorstellen, @StevenPM und Ruston. Steven wird an neuen Projekten arbeiten während Ruston Geschäfts- und Entwlicklungsarbeit macht. Unser Team wächst sehr schnell und wir haben einige offizielle Jobanzeigen auf unserer Karriere Seite. Wenn du interessiert bist die Welt zu ändern dann schick uns deinen Lebenslauf!

(Übersetzung durch Oliversteinhoff | Keine Garantie auf 100%ige Richtigkeit)

theSprintman likes this.
  16. RDGnome
    Cupcake Jun 14, 2014

RDGnome , Jun 14, 2014 :
    Hopefully you'll branch out to Europe and open some offices here at some point

17. karesz_2008

theSprintman likes this.
  18. Allastorm
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2014

Allastorm , Jun 14, 2014 :
    I am still being patient, as they said END OF JUNE a while back. It is mid june. Come July, I will be re-evaluating how I feel about OP. This post is appreciated, but I hope it is not another way to string up along.

tbschommer likes this.
  19. badger1000
    Honeycomb Jun 14, 2014

badger1000 , Jun 14, 2014 :
    If you are working or don't see the tweet then tough luck, you have zero chance.
    Thanks OP team.

theSprintman likes this.
  20. titomasso
    Gingerbread Jun 14, 2014