Week 260: We step into a new era, hand in hand.

1. Trista W.
    Gingerbread Dec 6, 2018

Trista W. , Dec 6, 2018 :
    WeeklyUpdate 260-Forum (1).png

Hello everyone,

How's everything going this week? BTW, please keep bundled up, don't catch a cold and keep in mind that OnePlus Community is always a fireplace where you can find shelter for the warmth:kissingsmiling:. Ok, let’s cut to the chase and do a quick rundown on what’s been going on this week.

'Say Hello to 5G'

The Qualcomm Snapdragon Technology Summit was held this week and OnePlus was the only smartphone company invited to attend and give a speech during Day 2 (855 Day) of the Summit.

In the speech, @Pete announced that OnePlus’s next flagship will be among the first to come equipped with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Mobile Platform and OnePlus will be the first to release a commercial 5G smartphone with carrier network EE in UK in 2019. EE is the UK’s number one mobile network, and was named as the UK’s best network for the 5th year in a row by RootMetrics.

Here is a video recording of the OnePlus and EE 5G project:

Happy birthday to OnePlus

How time flies! We are going to celebrate our 5th birthday soon. Thanks to all of you for being part of our journey. OnePlus has grown thanks to the immense care from you, our community members. I believe you have strong emotions about our growth. Do you mind sharing with us your OnePlus story?

Survey time
    • The next part of our pre-anniversary fun has come: The OnePlus Product awards. Please submit your votes here before Dec 18. Let us know your favorite features!
    Software updates logs
    • OxygenOS Open Beta 8 for the OnePlus 6 and OxygenOS 9.0.7 OTA for the OnePlus 6T have been released. We also recently integrated into Community App the Feedback tool feature, so that you can report bugs and share Logs directly to our bug hunters within the Community App.
    • Our software team embarked on a plan codenamed '100 sweet moments', as their first attempt to add more human elements to your product experience.
    • Android Pie update for our OnePlus 5/5T is getting closer to being ready. Sorry that we don't have an exact ETA. Thanks for your patience in waiting.
    A little reminder
    • Our special “Salute to Speed” event is on December 11, 2018. Hosted at the iconic McLaren Technology Centre, this will be an event to remember. Learn more about what’s coming at [LINK]. I believe you must be on your tip toes with anticipation for this amazing partnership, just as we are.
    • The second distribution of invitation codes for OnePlus Explorer Backpack is still in full swing. Seize your chance to get hands on our stylish and functional backpack right now!
    • The photography contest 'Shot on OnePlus: Nightscape' is still recruiting community shutterbugs.
    • Can you recall waiting for the Sunday newspaper, just for the sake of solving riddles? Welcome @YASHPLUSONE. and his Weekend Fun Time Game - OnePlus I Spy!
    That's all from me for this week. How's your preparation for the holidays going? Feel free to share with us any festive decorations you've set up already. And if you have any questions about 5G, please let us know in the comments section.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018

2. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 8, 2018

3. GopalB.
    Nougat Dec 8, 2018

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Dec 8, 2018

Alvie, buntycubal, Artemus. and 5 others like this.
  5. Rakesh_Kumar_T
    Jelly Bean Dec 8, 2018

Alvie, buntycubal and Artemus. like this.
  6. rameshshreyas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 8, 2018

buntycubal and Artemus. like this.
  7. Icecreamypie

Icecreamypie , Dec 8, 2018 :
    I am not enjoying
    No beta for op5t/5

Just waiting... Waiting... Waiting................... Until...
    To be continued

Last edited: Dec 10, 2018

8. arpit1+
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

oguzgul31, gotshoaib, Sammir1 and 4 others like this.
  9. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Dec 8, 2018

YRJ , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Thanks for the Weekly update @Trista W. and the tag and most importantly for mentioning Pie status. some people just hate it when it isn't mentioned in the weekly, I don't know why?
    [e]1f602[/e]

Zh_kilat, buntycubal and Artemus. like this.
  10. Austin72
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

11. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 8, 2018

Its.Leandroo , Dec 8, 2018 :
    It's not like the world is ending because of that.. they are making sure it is a good update instead of a rushed one.

On topic: Thanks for the awesome weekly! @Trista W.

AlTeX, buntycubal, cdnfarmer and 3 others like this.
  12. script
    Moderator Moderator Dec 8, 2018

script , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Thx for the new weekly. All the best for the upcoming events, and have a nice weekend all.

13. Austin72
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

Austin72 , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Install H²OS, it's worth it.
    Pie is very smooth with good battery life.

14. ANON_ARMY
    Donut Dec 8, 2018

ANON_ARMY , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Thanks for letting us know that pie is coming for OnePlus 5/5T.
    I didn't know that.

15. S_Himanshu
    Gingerbread Dec 8, 2018

S_Himanshu , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Learning how to use the Google CTS tool ?
    Feeling like a "proud" owner of the"new" OnePlus 2.

On topic : Thanks for the weekly update .

Ph3NoM, gotshoaib, Sammir1 and 5 others like this.
  16. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Dec 8, 2018

buntycubal, Artemus. and Cheetosdust like this.
  17. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Dec 8, 2018

Cheetosdust , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Hello @Trista W.

thank you for the update, I really love this part:

That was such a nice and unique way of opening a Weekly Update :D:cool:

Hope everyone had a great week over there and that you are ready for the McLaren event and the 5th anniversary celebration. Pretty cool times ahead.

Have a great weekend, fireplace people :p :D

18. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 8, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Thank you Trista for the update ;)
    I'm wondering about the Weekly logo. Is that a new case for the OnePlus 6T that is in there? :D

19. Lethaljoe
    Honeycomb Dec 8, 2018

Lethaljoe , Dec 8, 2018 :
    Closer... Coming Soon... Patience... I would love to know more about the Google's CTS process. Perhaps a thread about this would answer our questions?

RishabT, Benbg, az75 and 12 others like this.
  20. Rohan_S_P

RishabT, Benbg, c.pister and 12 others like this.