Week 269: We are flooded with features and Fry makes his debut on the forums

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 8, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 8, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate-Forum (1).png

Hi everyone!

With @Ruby G. (hopefully not) lost somewhere in Japan and most people over at HQ still enjoying Chinese New Year's festivities, it's up to me to bring you this week's update!

The Community rolls up its sleeves
    As a closing remark to last week's update, Ruby hinted at "something incredibly fun released on Monday". And like clockwork, the beginning of this week brought #PMChallenge. #PMChallenge is your chance to step into the shoes of a product manager and experience the process through which a new OxygenOS feature is developed, and all the questions and thinking that it's poured into it. If you haven't already, feel free to submit your own idea! You can also check and discuss the ideas from other users here.

I shouldn't have any favorites, but how can you not love @GopalB.'s idea of making the phone scream while it falls? Even better is if he comes up with a way to make it fall in slow-motion. It would be even more dramatic! Here's his sketch:

[​IMG]

A new thread of the week
    Following the big trend of the week, @gaster chose one of the #PMChallenge entries as this week's Thread of the Week. As a result, @pasztorlaszlo is getting 100 raffle points. Congratulations! Who knows, maybe next week it'll be your thread being featured!

Say hello to Fry!
    Today we welcome to the Community @Fry B. He's UK's CBO and one of the most well-loved employees in the London office. He made sure to share his thoughts about the last 18 months working for OnePlus and you can read all about it in this week's "Secret diary of a OnePlus employee" thread. Don't forget to say hi to him!

There's also a few other posts from the other Regional forums that are worth mentioning:
    • @Daisy K. shared another weekend waster. I need to complain, though. I'm still playing Egg, Inc. two weeks after you mentioned it. Thanks a lot, Daisy!
    • Paradoxically, @Vito B. shared his #NoPhoneDay challenge last Saturday.
    • I also had the chance of sharing another entry for the "Tech in 2019" series in the Portuguese forums. This time, about 5G.
    Tech picks
    • Because there's something in human nature that attracts us to tragedy, here's Android Authority's list of Google's failed products, from best to worst.
    • Wired made an interesting piece on Ikea's plan to make the smart home work.
    • I felt the need to share this second article from Wired with you, well, because it shows the amazing technology that goes into building something from a block of metal... who am I kidding, I just wanted the cool GIFs inside with you!
    This marks the end of this week's update. A kind reminder before I finish, though: for the most distracted around here, Valentine's is just around the corner. And if your significant other says the day doesn't really matter, remember:

[​IMG]

2. G_plusone Marshmallow Feb 8, 2019

G_plusone, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Cool Tech picks and updates.

@GopalB. Clever to draw schematics on the phone, handwritten one would have been ... :p

3. Kerkdriel Honeycomb Feb 8, 2019

L1550089340453 and G_plusone like this.
  4. meatandy Oreo Feb 8, 2019

meatandy, Feb 8, 2019 :
    Won't there be a Red OP6T this Valentine's ? :mad:

Thanks for the update and nice shout out for
    @GopalB.

YRJ, Ceasedd, G_plusone and 2 others like this.
  5. GarageRamen Gingerbread Feb 8, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  6. script Nougat Moderator Feb 8, 2019

script, Feb 8, 2019 :
    I have only one question: in which language does it scream?

Thx for the weekly David, and a good weekend to all

7. N1549666176552 Cupcake Feb 8, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  8. TheSpoken Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2019

TheSpoken, Feb 9, 2019 :
    So where is that 3/3t update for Pie?

Or at least a security patch, a monthly update was due a week ago.

bfalge, mikica023, bedacz and 5 others like this.
  9. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow Feb 9, 2019

toastytoast1234, Feb 9, 2019 :
    Shouldn't that be a throbbing purple edition?

pa5t1s, YRJ, G_plusone and 1 other person like this.
  10. GopalB. Nougat Feb 9, 2019

GopalB., Feb 9, 2019 :
    Yay... And here I was thinking that my thread got lost in the flood... :p

Thanks for the update David... :)
    Have a great weekend...

YRJ, G_plusone and B_Wrath like this.
  11. Danielarr45 Gingerbread Feb 9, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  12. B.yashaswi Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 9, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  13. A1541725664113 Cupcake Feb 9, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  14. G_plusone Marshmallow Feb 9, 2019

G_plusone, Feb 9, 2019 :
    No love for the 3, maybe valentine's day might bring it love
    Nope

G_Lukas_Zöllner_(zettel and YRJ like this.
  15. YRJ Lollipop Feb 9, 2019

YRJ, Feb 9, 2019 :
    It is simply rude of you, to not mention this video, don't worry, here it is:

G_plusone, pa5t1s and dsmonteiro like this.
  16. Zaxpeedy Donut Feb 9, 2019

Zaxpeedy, Feb 9, 2019 :
    we need a theme maker and an app where the community shares their custom themes with each other, themes must include icons, menu BG, Lockscreen BG, Home Backgrounds , ringtones , notifications , accent colors, fonts and etc.

One plus make this happen! please!

K1547199458740 likes this.
  17. prasannaraja2 Honeycomb Feb 9, 2019

18. Martin Bonnet Gingerbread Feb 9, 2019

19. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Feb 9, 2019

dsmonteiro, Feb 9, 2019 :
    As mentioned above, China pretty much said during these days due to the Lunar New Year festivities. As for that question,
    https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/software-update-excitement-thread.993639/

If you have any bugs, please submit them through the link below:
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

As for dual 4G support, please bear in mind that Snapdragon 835 does not support such feature.

Why not submit that idea to the #PMChallenge?

keithgpowell and pa5t1s like this.
  20. BobbyV8_ The Showcase Reviewer Feb 9, 2019

pa5t1s and meatandy like this.