Week 282: One Last Week before the OnePlus 7 Series Launch!

1. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member May 11, 2019

David Y., May 11, 2019 :
    Forum – 2.png

Hi everyone,

One last week before the birth of our next product! Official teasers came one after another... without further ado, let the recap begin!

OnePlus 7 Series: Appetizers and Side Dishes
    As the launch approaches, Pete, our head product manager, is so excited that he keeps sharing many product improvements with the community. We made a checklist in case some you missed any.
    + Pete took it to Twitter to confirm UFS 3.0, giving you next level #fastandsmooth experience.
    + He also announced HDR10+, providing you with a more dynamic, detailed and vivid viewing experience.
    + Finally, Pete told CNET the OnePlus 7 Pro will have a Haptic Engine, delivering just the right buzz.
    + Last but not least, Manu joined in and announced the Android Q Developer Preview, bringing you the future of Android.​

Are these features also written in your wish list? We hope so! Keep in mind that what we’ve shared are only appetizers and side dishes. The main dish will be served in a few days. The OnePlus 7 Series is a result of a product and community focused company. Don’t miss our livestream on May 14 at 11 AM EDT.

Community Parties: Online and Offline
    The nature of our community is born across boundaries, members from different corners of the world make us a dynamic community. In each of our launch events, we see a blessed opportunity to meet with our community members in person, to say hello to each other in real life, we give out and receive hugs and take the occasional selfie.

That's why we not only host launch events but keep our pop-ups tradition. This time, our pop-up events will spread out to 39 cites worldwide. We look forward to seeing you f2f. We are also inviting everyone to join our behind the scenes thread, let us know how do you prepare for the launch, no matter from your home or at our launch events/pop-ups. Personally I want to shout out to @The1Lion , who shared his last NYC launch event experience from a users perspective.

Other Highlights of the Week.
    1. 15 winners of The Lab have been announced! As always, there are both familiar new faces, so join us to congratulate the reviewer squad and let’s wait for their first-hand reviews.
    2. The first Android Q developer preview for OnePlus 6/6T went live, and so did the Android 9 Community Beta 2 for OnePlus 3/3T, as we are getting closer to the stable release. Manu is also calling out you to join the gallery app best tester program, while Gary was sharing a software story on Parking Location Service.
    3. Google I/O event was a blast for the Android community. Check here to learn more about the event, thanks @YRJ! (Do you know that our upcoming 5G model was there too?)

As I already landed in NYC, I am getting more and more excited about the launch. Hope everyone has a smooth weekend, and let us get ready for next week.

See you there!

2. YRJ Lollipop May 11, 2019

YRJ, May 11, 2019 :
    Thanks for the weekly report @David Y. :)

I did see the 5g model in pics inside the same old hefty white case, and the same great screen, ofc! :p
    Thanks for the Tag.

Have a good time in NYC and all the best for the launch.
    tenor-18.gif

3. Bouncer71 Lollipop May 11, 2019

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 11, 2019

4. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 11, 2019

Cheetosdust, May 11, 2019 :
    Hello David,

thank you for the update and all the best for the launch - the next weekly will be published when we all know everything about the new devices, it will be a glorious week :)

Once again, congratulations to all the Lab winners, can't wait to read the reviews.

Have a great weekend everyone :cool:

5. Predict23 Ice Cream Sandwich May 11, 2019

P1558507515354 and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  6. script Nougat Moderator May 11, 2019

script, May 11, 2019 :
    Thx for this weekly. Written on the flight to NYC?

I've never been to NY, I'm sure it's great to be there. Have the bestest best fun at the launch, and greetings to Keith and Ruby, and all.

And a good weekend to everyone.

7. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member May 11, 2019

David Y., May 11, 2019 :
    Yea I drafted the first part in HQ office and then finished the rest on the plane, after that, I enjoyed watching two movies First Man and Vice. :D

8. PRADUMNA Eclair May 11, 2019

idkwhoiam322 likes this.
  9. G_plusone Marshmallow May 11, 2019

G_plusone, May 11, 2019 :
    Have fun before during and after the launch.
    Still no news of the little brother OP7, big brother is hogging it all

10. camohan Marshmallow Moderator May 11, 2019

camohan, May 11, 2019 :
    Exciting coming week with OP7 launch events , pop-ups, cupcakes breaking devices due to Android Q :p.

Glad @David Y. you had a safe journey to NYC. How's the jetlag..?
    @Crystal Z. Let us know how London weather treats you. @Trista W. Welcome to INDIA in advance , lots of surprise awaits you...!!

Cheers.

11. suhantm Honeycomb May 11, 2019

suhantm, May 11, 2019 :
    where?

12. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert May 11, 2019

13. suhantm Honeycomb May 11, 2019

14. YRJ Lollipop May 11, 2019

15. YRJ Lollipop May 11, 2019

16. suhantm Honeycomb May 11, 2019

idkwhoiam322 and YRJ like this.
  17. YRJ Lollipop May 11, 2019

YRJ, May 11, 2019 :
    Who cares? The want to hide the phone, It gets the job done xD

18. suhantm Honeycomb May 11, 2019

suhantm, May 11, 2019 :
    you know there's a better way to hide them...

idkwhoiam322 and YRJ like this.
  19. YRJ Lollipop May 11, 2019

YRJ, May 11, 2019 :
    Nope. I don't know, ANYTHING!

suhantm and idkwhoiam322 like this.
  20. _DEDSEC_ Jelly Bean May 11, 2019

_DEDSEC_, May 11, 2019 :
    Using UAG Case!

idkwhoiam322 likes this.