Week 287: Almond in town, reviews and updates come pouring down

1. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 14, 2019

David Y., Jun 14, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate287_1.1-WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png

Hi everyone,

The Zen mode story shared by @Gary C. was a fun read. It was inspiring enough that made me want to challenge myself to finish this weekly update in 2 Zen Mode times, so here we go ^^

Headline: The Almond is here.
    Finely polished with an elegant golden hue, the OnePlus 7 Pro Almond is truly beautiful to behold. Its beauty is something that can’t be captured in renders. “It’s a real challenge to move your eyes out of it when you see it in person.” said one of our community members who was at the NYC launch event. Now seize the chance to be the first to experience this limited-edition device. And when yours arrives, do share a photo of the device with us here.

To those who already hands on the OnePlus 7 or OnePlus 7 Pro, you are invited to join our latest review program, share your honest impressions for a chance to win sweet prizes, we also have the bonus prize ready.

Updates are either here or around the corner.
    The 9.5.7 update for OnePlus 7 Pro has been well-received by our community. This week we brought some of the latest camera optimizations to the OnePlus 7 as well. Our camera team is asking your feedback for the wide-angle video shooting feature (myself: why not?), plus, they are calling out for a chance to better discuss your feedback on the camera topic at our upcoming Open Ears Forum in Amsterdam, check this announcement for more info.

For those of you that like to be on the bleeding edge, we've also released Beta updates for the OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6/6T, as well as a new Android Q Developer Preview for the OnePlus 6/6T. For those of you using the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro, fear not: the new Developer Preview is also around the corner.

Updates are also heading to the OnePlus 7 Pro T-mobile and EE 5G edition users very soon. Keep calm and share your excitement here. Submit your product feedback via our feedback tool in the community app if you have any.

A shout out to Ground Zero Rom and Martin.
    OnePlus is known as one of the most developer friendly smartphone brands because of the Zero Day program, developer seeding program and by many of our actions, but most importantly, we are lucky enough to have a bunch of talented developers staying close to us since the company was established. This week we gave a shout out to the GZR team and a special thanks to Martin, be sure to join your voice to ours.

At the end of this weekly update, I’d like to introduce @Carrie L. as a new member of the community team. Please give her a warm welcome! 2019 USA Brand Ambassadors are also teaming up. All these great people will be working with us from now and afterward. Good to have everyone on board!

zen mode.png
    So, what did you do with the Zen Mode?

2. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 14, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I took the time to look at the clouds.

So fluffy, they reminded me of cotton candy.

That time me and Marlene, my ex, visited the State Fair. We broke up five years ago and this is the first time I was reminded of that trip.

Thank you for the painful memories, Zen Mode.

3. GopalB. Nougat Jun 14, 2019

GopalB., Jun 14, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update David... Have a great weekend... [​IMG]

Hey welcome @Carrie L. to the gang... [​IMG]

I use it to get some time to look at the phone and do nothing... [​IMG]

4. Gaston NP Lollipop Moderator Jun 14, 2019

5. Brownz Honeycomb Jun 14, 2019

Brownz, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Any reason why the standard 4g Pro version hasn't had the update in UK?

G_plusone likes this.
  6. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 14, 2019

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019

Plenkske, Dhruv Razdan, Linxx and 2 others like this.
  7. GuitarHero0179 Jelly Bean Jun 14, 2019

GuitarHero0179, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update. I also see a lot of surveys recently on the forum about different topics. Nice to see your still using the community input for improvements :)

8. SJBoss Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

SJBoss, Jun 14, 2019 :
    I’m sorry, I laughed.

9. luigimario The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 14, 2019

luigimario, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Clearly a joke, and a good one at that. I doubt they have state fairs in Portugal, but I could be wrong.

10. SJBoss Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

SJBoss, Jun 14, 2019 :
    How’s my new av?

11. David Y. Global Community Manager Staff Member Jun 14, 2019

David Y., Jun 14, 2019 :
    59d2e.jpg

The OTA has a staged rollout, you will receive it very soon.

Worry not, add it in your post and we will sticky it.

Attached Files:

12. G_plusone Marshmallow Jun 14, 2019

G_plusone, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Test my phone's SOT :p
    Can we get a dark mode there :p
    She's good;)

jlasensiofi and Shivang Joshi like this.
  13. SJBoss Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

14. A1559720022301 Gingerbread Jun 14, 2019

A1559720022301, Jun 14, 2019 :
    worst camera update for op7.. focusing have gone...nightsight is pathetic

.....contrasts are dull .

15. G_plusone Marshmallow Jun 14, 2019

Gautamvaishnav and Shivang Joshi like this.
  16. SJBoss Lollipop Jun 14, 2019

SJBoss, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Excuses for being a pervert.

Shivang Joshi and G_plusone like this.
  17. FlixbusLennart The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 14, 2019

FlixbusLennart, Jun 14, 2019 :
    Damn! I've been in several chat groups with him, on Telegram, heard not much, but very loud, praise about the ROM and all. Didn't know that GZR played such a big roll ever since OP was founded. Definitely learned something today.

18. Pradeep@1+ Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 14, 2019

19. meatandy Oreo Jun 14, 2019

jlasensiofi and Shivang Joshi like this.
  20. luigimario The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Jun 14, 2019

Shivang Joshi and SJBoss like this.