Week 294: We talked OxygenOS, showcased SoOP, and gave YOU a high five!

1. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Aug 2, 2019

David Y. , Aug 2, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate294-WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png
    Guess who was painting the wall?
    Hi everyone,

Happy Friday. Hope this week treated you all well. For us, this is one of the best weeks we had in the past few weeks. Good news is almost everywhere, except for the weather. Without further ado, let the recap begin.

7Pro_NebBlue_ProductShot.png

We introduced our latest OxygenOS update for the OnePlus 7 Pro to embrace the month of August, loaded with a few key optimizations and the August security patch. Bear in mind that this OTA has a staged rollout. Apart from the update, @MaggieOuyang, the software PM, also shed some light on our thoughts and untold process behind Zen Mode's implementation. When it comes to the future of the OxygenOS, @Its.Leandroo's interview with androidworld Netherlands could be a good read.

@Mr.Gollar.jpg
    Shot on OnePlus by @Mr.Gollar .
    @Discostu.jpg
    Shot on OnePlus by @Discostu .
    To better capture the beauty of August, a new ShotonOnePlus monthly thread is up! Do remember to bookmark the thread and share your best shots there. For advanced shutterbugs, join our weekly photography challenge here to showcase the best #ContrastingColors shots you took. Feel free to lurk on our camera AMA, check out @Jimmy Z.'s, the Camera product manager, answers to some of the most frequently asked questions regarding everything shot on OnePlus.

CUBE.png

The product itself has so much magic, but so does our fellow community. We deeply believe that everyone in this community has an untapped talent of his/her own, and that’s why we introduced the CUBE: our latest yet open platform to make you be heard, seen, and recognized by the community. DO REMEMBER TO CHECK IT OUT HERE.

Regional wise, @David X., from the NA team, raised a simple question: What websites are part of your daily digest? Drop by and share yours here (ya'll leave the first reply alone). For India, we HQ Community team are super hyped about the OnePlus Music Festival in Mumbai, shall we dance and sing together when this beautiful November comes?

Sounds like a lot to digest, did I talk too much? Just two more things to wrap up this week.
    1. We got a new beta available for the Community app! 1791 seats left for the Beta train, act fast and join us to the dark side.
    2. If you have nothing planned for the weekend, maybe you can share your coolest tattoo here (if you really have a tattoo).
    tattoo.png

Alright, that’s all, that’s all. Thanks for everyone’s reading. You deserve a great weekend.

Cheers!

It was @luxuskamel painted the wall [Source]. Congrats to the new space!

f.society, retal_to, nateavi and 69 others like this.
  2. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Aug 2, 2019

camohan , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Buzzing week. I am pretty excited for the Mumbai Music event...!! heard it is going to be a huge party.

Have a great weekend everyone!

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Aug 2, 2019

Cheetosdust , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Hello David, team and everyone :)

That's a nice way to write Carl was visiting Costa Rica. :D

My Friday is going great, Tool is now available on Spotify (and other streaming services)! :cool:

Glad to read that everything is going great over there too, hope the other Staff Members are all doing fine.

Wishing a great weekend to all of you reading this.

PS: @luxuskamel many congratulations, you awesome interior decorator! :p

4. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2019

YRJ , Aug 2, 2019 :
    That's a great wall @luxuskamel , do we have an update on it yet? :cool:
    Thanks for the roundup @David Y. I'm pumped for the Music Festival too. Today has been exceptional, it was a great day, what an amazing end to the week. I couldn't ask for more.

The link to the tattoo thread seems broken!

5. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2019

Impersonal , Aug 2, 2019 :
    I feel like this (busy) week will be remembered as the first of something great here in the Community
    Cheers to all the nice and beautiful people here!

6. David Y.
    Global Community Manager Staff Member Aug 2, 2019

David Y. , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Wait, I just saw him wandering around the office today, and he sent us a long email two days ago. didn't expect he went that far, and had that much fun...

Fixed. It's a nice catch, thanks bud.

7. Dresa91
    Android Q Aug 2, 2019

8. Cheetosdust

Classic Carl, always wandering about. He's a thinker that one, listening to shapes and smelling colors. :D

He does look quite happy on that photo and one thing is for sure: he's living his life to the fullest. :cool:

Next time you see him, send him my love. :)

9. cdnfarmer
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2019

cdnfarmer , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Thanks @David Y. for the well written weekly recap.

Nice wall @luxuskamel. Very nice way to integrate the red.

10. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2019

YRJ , Aug 2, 2019 :
    :)

11. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2019

luxuskamel , Aug 2, 2019 :
    yeah guess who :D :D
    Was thinking of painting a luxuskamel next to it but there was no space left :p

Thanks for featuring it, David. Made my day :D
    You have a community wall in the HQ, maybe i do a Staff wall at home.... ;)

The great wall of -uhm- luxuskamel!
    You don't really want to hear the update...
    the wall is white, and it will stay white until i decide what to do. Don't want to rush, paint it in a color that i maybe don't like anymore in half a year. Ill just move in and keep the stress away :)
    IMG_20190730_200538_001.jpg

12. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2019

luxuskamel , Aug 2, 2019 :
    i should have kept it... Problem was that there had been some bad spots of yellow color on the red wall. If i had considered this before I would have but way more effort in having nice and clear lines that cover all those spots

13. Cheetosdust

Aw man, nice tribute to the OnePlus One ;)

14. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Aug 2, 2019

jlasensiofi , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Great @David Y. Great photos, good expectations, fantastic ZEN mode, and a shame not to have a tattoo to share... :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Happy weekend everyone ;)

15. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Aug 2, 2019

16. Wonderwoman13
    Jelly Bean Aug 2, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Aug 2, 2019 :
    hellll yeahhh!! can't waittt for the OP music festival!! soo excited, literally gushing!!!

well, it's the first time I feel happy thinking the year is soon getting to end. ( IDK COZ LATELY I HAVE BEEN FEELING EACH YEAR HAS BEEN ENDING WITHIN A BLINK OF EYE, SO QUICK!)

come soon November : )

17. YRJ
    Lollipop Aug 2, 2019

YRJ , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Not anymore! :p
    Ah! The wall is your canvas no worries, you can always do something creative on a blank wall ;)

18. dcmcc24
    KitKat Aug 2, 2019

19. sommersy
    KitKat Aug 2, 2019

sommersy , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Haha! I sometimes consider moving to Costa Rica. It's supposed to be affordable, a nice place, & I've had it recommended to me by friends who've lived there. Wonder what @Carl thinks of that :p ;)

20. script
    Nougat Moderator Aug 2, 2019

script , Aug 2, 2019 :
    Thx for the really great weekly. Many good news. I'm excited about the cube.

A good WE to all,

Script