Week 30: Invites, Invites, Invites

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2014

Jerry , Jul 12, 2014 :
    Time flies, we can’t believe another week has gone by. Week 30 has been one of productivity and progress. We’ve begun to send invites to our early supporters as we promised. It’s truly amazing to see all the positive feedback and fantastic reviews from happy customers. We feel more excited than ever to take our dream and the One to the next level.

We’ve been busy working but haven’t forgotten to watch the second stage of the World Cup. Those who haven’t won this time can still join the World Cup final on Sunday between Germany and Argentina. For this ultimate lottery, there will be more invites to come.

Production

Things are going well on the production front. Aside from continued problems with some of our accessories, we’ve maintained a steady output of OnePlus Ones to meet the growing demand. For accessories, a number of them are failing our quality standards, and as such, the yield rate has been impacted. We continue to look for ways to improve quality and yield, but as for now, we are only selling the products that pass our standards. While we are apologetic about the delay, we would never sell anything that we don’t believe in. For next week, we expect production to remain on track. Though on Monday, our factories will be closed in honor of the World Cup Finals.

Known Issues

Warm Screen Hue: The Cyanogen team is currently working on different color calibration profiles for better color management so you can decide how warm/cold you want your screen to be. This should be ready in July’s OTA.

Gesture Sensitivity: Some of you have reported getting the flashlight on while the phone was in your pocket. This issue is fixed by implementing a proximity sensor check before the gesture is recognized, so we can avoid involuntary on-screen gestures. This will be implemented as well in the next OTA.

LTE Problems on AT&T and Free: We detected some discrepancies in the LTE band support listed with the GSM Association, leading to incorrect information provided to carriers. This is in the means of being resolved, so soon we shouldn’t have any more of these issues.

Company Priorities

To improve your experience as we navigate through short-term hiccups, we are ramping up on the customer support team. If you have a question regarding any these issues we’ve mentioned above, please don’t hesitate to contact us. Let us know how we can improve.

In addition, communication is a continued focus. We’d like to make an earnest effort to improve going forward, and this new format of weekly updates is one step towards that direction. As stressed before, transparency and honesty are among the basic pillars that make up our company philosophy. We will make strides in the clarity and frequency of our communications so you know where we stand at all times.

Lastly, please help us welcome @Ruta to the OnePlus family! Have a great weekend, and we hope you guys enjoy this time lapse we made!

2. ghoole
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 12, 2014

arm85, aryan_24, Ceasedd and 27 others like this.
  3. rushib1

rushib1 , Jul 12, 2014 :
    First
    Damn I am second
    Edit: how many members will get the OnePlus by the end of the month @Carl I know you won't reply but at least pm me that will be a secret

Last edited: Aug 2, 2014

oded1963, zasiliou, abyswami and 34 others like this.
  4. jman47
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2014

5. Marianape

6. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Community Expert Jul 12, 2014

evil28, simba.chak, jatink09 and 23 others like this.
  7. Telecat

8. brittonraya
    Lollipop Jul 12, 2014

9. volteon

volteon , Jul 12, 2014 :
    Sounds great! :)
    Thanks for the update, looks like things finally starting!

10. WaLee
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2014

Sonercxx and georgexfon like this.
  11. BilalBahamani

tami03ka, v!rr08, rampey and 4 others like this.
  12. herbmks

13. rylty
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2014

georgexfon likes this.
  14. Dexter Morgan

Dexter Morgan , Jul 12, 2014 :
    I'm looking forward to the software updates. :)

I hope you enjoy working with Oneplus @Ruta !

God speed Oneplus. God Speed.

15. arvola

georgexfon likes this.
  16. ignaciohernandez
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2014

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

17. MaxRe
    Gingerbread Jul 12, 2014

jstahl, rampey, K00li00 and 7 others like this.
  18. thyviper
    Jelly Bean Jul 12, 2014

thyviper , Jul 12, 2014 :
    Where in my invite ???? Why I am not getting lucky ;)

19. greenair
    Honeycomb Jul 12, 2014

Last edited: Jul 12, 2014

20. Skittels

Ranjit75, rampey, som4p and 5 others like this.