Week 31: Sharing is Caring

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

Jerry , Jul 19, 2014 :
    With more people receiving devices and invites, the excitement in the forums is palpable. In the past week, we have been working day and night to release more invites, fix logistical kinks, and respond to support inquiries. In fact, in effort to deliver last week’s promise of improving our customer support experience, nearly everyone on the OnePlus Global team began answering inquiries directly to reduce the wait time for replies.

meeting.png

Earlier in the week, we announced that those who have already purchased phones will begin receiving invites to share starting next Monday (see: Update on Invites to Share). The process will roll out very slowly at first and gradually increase as we move ahead. These invites to share are for you to do whatever you want with them, but please, if you decide to give them away randomly or on a contest that is held outside our forums, please refrain from posting any links to it in the forums. Failing to follow this rule will result in a permanent ban (see: Offsite Invite Contests/Giveaways/Auctions Lead to Permanent Ban).

Production

Production of the One has exceeded our expectations this week. Units are coming out of the factory quickly, and as a result, we are getting more devices than originally anticipated. Unfortunately an electricity outage reduced our supply of chargers by one day, but the issue has since been resolved, and things are back to normal. Our accessories continue to have quality control issues, but we are adjusting processes at the factories to lower defect rates and improve yield.

Known Issues

Headphone Remotes: Some of you have noted that the One isn’t compatible with certain headphone remotes. This is a software issue, and we are working to expand the compatibility of the One with more headphones.

Call Volume: While not a software issue, a minority of you guys have suggested that we raise the call volume. We hear you guys and are work with Cyanogen to change this in a future update.

Screen Rotation: If you rotate the phone really slowly (provided the screen is not locked in portrait/landscape mode), the screen will not change its orientation. We are working with Cyanogen to fix this issue as well in a future OTA as well.

Gesture Sensitivity: Some of you have reported getting the flashlight on while the phone was in your pocket. This issue is fixed by implementing a proximity sensor check before the gesture is recognized, so we can avoid involuntary on-screen gestures. This will be implemented as well in the next OTA.

Company Priorities

For next week, we will continue to ramp up on the customer support team to get you guys the right answers in a timely fashion. Currently, all of our team members are helping out the customer support team. If you have a question regarding any of technical/order related issue not answered in our FAQ, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

As stressed before, we will continue to push for clear and transparent communication. On this front, we have posted several updates in forums to address certain issues. Additionally, @Carl and @David answered even more questions in their AMAA last night. If you missed it, don’t worry; they will be hosting another AMAA on the OnePlus subreddit next week!

Lastly, join us in London at XDA: DevCon in September! We have exciting things planned for everyone!

Germany.jpg

PS: Congrats to Germany for winning the FIFA World Cup!

Una senses another storm coming really soon...

sjijan, gaster, seshuprasad and 522 others like this.
  2. Reverb
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2014

Reverb , Jul 19, 2014 :
    NICE

Now, where is my issue? The unresponsive touchscreen with ghost touches?

3. Andas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 19, 2014

santosh krishh, FluXeN385 and pd6569 like this.
  4. OpofanIT
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

5. Daniel Bray

Daniel Bray , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Cool!
    (Fourth :D)
    SO YOU WERE TEASING A CONTEST NEXT WEEK IN YESTERDAY'S AMAA!!! I KNEW IT :D

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

santosh krishh likes this.
  6. Liam Wolf
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

7. Dexter Morgan
    Lollipop Community Expert Jul 19, 2014

8. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Senior Moderator Jul 19, 2014

santosh krishh likes this.
  9. yotam_dobrin
    Jelly Bean Jul 19, 2014

Louluvre, HLBB, arcanexvi and 5 others like this.
  10. Sufiyan
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

11. greenair
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

almlin, Juulvankempen and Ktastic like this.
  12. Potloodje

13. RafaelDeLaGehtto
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

14. chumps52
    Gingerbread Jul 19, 2014

chumps52 , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Do support not reply over the weekend? I don't think I have ever got a reply to a ticket over the weekend... :/ :(

cpf01 likes this.
  15. notxel21
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

arkadyS likes this.
  16. wtfhsf
    KitKat Community Expert Jul 19, 2014

wtfhsf , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Very nice I can't wait for the covers to come out. I'm just waiting on my accessories before I post my review on my One but I can say now that so far I love it. there is some slight yellowing at the bottom, but it comes and goes and seeing how I always use dark themes it really doesn't bother me. seems like UV tricks work. As for the call volume... my One in-call volume is just fine my son herd the person on the other line from the back seat of the car, so no issues with that... I'll get in depth more later but thank you @Carl, @David S., @Pete and the rest of the OnePlus team for this amazing device.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2014

deecee and ONEUFO like this.
  17. iTrollz
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

18. deejay01
    KitKat Jul 19, 2014

19. Reece
    Eclair Jul 19, 2014

20. kamrul
    Honeycomb Jul 19, 2014

kamrul , Jul 19, 2014 :
    Great news