Froyo Jul 23, 2014

13. maotaolee
    Eclair Jul 23, 2014

ensmll likes this.
  14. jarrbird
    Froyo Jul 23, 2014

jarrbird , Jul 23, 2014 :
    no @Jerry this has gone on long enough

Your marketing of sharing invites doesn't make sense. You should fire your director of marketing. where'd they get their degree from?

You should have pushed all invites. I see you gave some members 3 share-able invites. Did you take into account that the OPO is a awesome hidden gem. And that the people who already purchased this phone want to keep it their little secret for a little while. Yes they'll show their friends but this does not mean that they're going to want their friends to have the same device as they have. I mean look how many iPhones are out there and how many OPO.

This method is just not effective. What you're doing is ostracizing your forum members that have been active and actively seeking the phone. If you have 30k members that get 3 share-able invites that means you must have stock of 100k phones. You have about 150k in members. The invites should have been on a 72 hour system from the start. If you don't place the order your number expires and goes onto the next active member.

After all active members have been satisfied with their device give the people who registered a chance to win. Then start sharing invites. By the time the share-able invites when out the 'wow' factor of the phone would have died down and the want to help your friends would build up. Hey, your phone is dying look at my phone, and I just so happen to have an invite so you can purchase it.

But instead, you did it a backwards way - just irritating members. The invite system that was laid down this first go was just not well thought out. More people will remember this botched plan and then in the future will go with other manufacturers. One Plus is leading the way with the Chinese phone invasion. Meaning we know a lot of copycats and other well known Chinese phone manufacturing firms will start launching. Americans are starting to hear of different brands, and what are they going to remember about One Plus? That you have to wait in line, when I can easily go to Meizu in the future which may have a similar phone, lower price point and faster availability.

Not that I know anything about marketing or anything. But maybe try listening to your fans. They're the ones who are really going to make your business.

EDIT Oh and BTW, I'm still going to get a OPO, just sharing my opinion :p

Last edited: Jul 23, 2014

15. MtnBykr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 23, 2014

MtnBykr , Jul 23, 2014 :
    I wish more companies would be as transparent about delays and problems as you guys are trying to be, that in itself makes me sure that I want to own your product! Also, nice chairs in your conference room! Who makes them?

16. ilPutzki
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

17. ochippa
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

18. ZahraKhan
    Cupcake Jul 23, 2014

ZahraKhan , Jul 23, 2014 :
    Hi Jerry,

I must say you have done an amazing job with this phone. Its the perfect combination of hardware and software.
    I would really like to own one but i don't belong to any of the countries you are currently shipping to. Can you please add Pakistan to the list so that i can participate in the contest and get lucky.

Keep up the good work. OnePlus rocks!!

Thank you.

19. TheOnlyRexX
    Gingerbread Jul 24, 2014

20. asuchemist
    Honeycomb Jul 24, 2014