Week 32: Blizzarding in a Bamboo Forest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David S.
    OnePlus Europe Staff Member Jul 26, 2014

David S. , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Aside from the typhoon that’s raging outside of our office as I type this, Week 32 was quite exciting for all of us at OnePlus. We kicked things off with the Bamboo StyleSwap Cover announcement and rolled out the initial wave of shareable invites. The new Cover generated a lot of interest, and we are pumped for you guys to get them in the coming months.

As we rolled out more shareable invites, we began seeing the spirit of sharing spread within the community. A big thanks to those who chose to give back the shareable invites to fans within the forums and not sell them on a third-party site.

1.jpg
    To celebrate the Bamboo StyleSwap Covers release, we hosted the Blizzard of Invites, which consisted of giving away 5,000 invites and 10 free Bamboo SwapStyle Covers when they become available. Keep an eye on your inboxes; the winners will be getting their invites today! Additionally, we gave away 100 “Never Settle” t-shirts in our giveaway yesterday. If you missed yesterday’s event, be sure to look out for more giveaways in the future!

Production and Software

Production continues to be on-track, and as a result, we’ve been able to give away a lot of invites.

The next OTA is (almost) ready, solves most of the known bugs and it is currently under testing before we can release it.

Logistics and Customer Support

Last week we faced some shipping constrains due to the rapid growth of our logistic operations. Since then we have expanded our operations both in Europe and in North America, so now we are able to process and ship more orders than ever.

Unfortunately we are still struggling to offer a timely response to all the questions and tickets we receive through our Customers Support page. The whole global team is trying to help out and clean the current backlog while at the same time we are hiring more and more staff for the CS team.

Going forward, we’ll be adding more ROMs to an already growing list in the Development section of our forums. So far we have Paranoid Android, SlimRom, and PAC ROM in addition to AOSP and CyanogenMod. If there are other ROMs you guys are interested in, let us know in the poll.

Lastly, tomorrow we'll be going to Hong Kong for our very first OnePlus Fan Gathering. We are extremely excited and we hope this is the first of many Fan Gatherings to come in the future.

MacDaddy, Louluvre, arof and 349 others like this.
  2. Reverb
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2014

3. RogueS4
    Jelly Bean Moderator Jul 26, 2014

RogueS4 , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update David

Although I'm missing an invite/flight ticket to the Hong Kong fan gathering :p

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014

4. Potloodje
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2014

Daniel Vanegas and Keith_Huen like this.
  5. Tareim
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2014

Tareim , Jul 26, 2014 :
    not received an email yet so don't think I won an invite in the blizzard :( oh well I'll still keep waiting

Keith_Huen likes this.
  6. greenair
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

greenair , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Hoping to see the OTA soon. I had to disable gestures as the phone was being really naughty in my pocket, taking pictures/recording, Turning on torch,changing musuc play list, even calling 999

Last edited: Jul 26, 2014

7. rads2312
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

rads2312 , Jul 26, 2014 :
    why i can never win a contest, i gave up, got my chinese version and the global version also so im happy, dont bash on me for the chinese version(CM11S) coz i just wanna try it and i love it

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014

8. nirgale
    Lollipop Senior Moderator Jul 26, 2014

9. psymin
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

psymin , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Thank you for the update! Wish I'm in to Hong Kong area to meeting everyone lol

Keith_Huen likes this.
  10. yossigrosskopf
    Froyo Jul 26, 2014

the4endude likes this.
  11. johnvsd
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2014

johnvsd , Jul 26, 2014 :
    It matched your hardwood floor. :)

12. garrickchan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 26, 2014

13. Dust
    Eclair Jul 26, 2014

14. covac8
    Froyo Jul 26, 2014

15. dustinpaul
    Donut Jul 26, 2014

16. cmarlbor
    Eclair Jul 26, 2014

samucami likes this.
  17. Mjt008
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

18. abhishekverma
    Honeycomb Jul 26, 2014

19. pawv
    Jelly Bean Jul 26, 2014

pawv , Jul 26, 2014 :
    Awesome. It's nice to see that more and more people are getting their invites

Abs786 likes this.
  20. cashbx
    Donut Jul 26, 2014