Week 32: Blizzarding in a Bamboo Forest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boonkhim
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 2, 2014

2. BerndR
    Honeycomb Aug 2, 2014

BerndR , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Not too soon I expect as OP currently are having some backlog on existing orders. Once this is worked out, they can start giving out new invites.

3. hpe23
    Froyo Aug 2, 2014

4. matius
    Donut Aug 2, 2014

matius , Aug 2, 2014 :
    Hope that you will get a huge production for bamboo and also another 3 covers

5. amazonia_127
    Cupcake Aug 2, 2014

6. kellylones
    Cupcake Aug 3, 2014

kellylones , Aug 3, 2014 :
    [Qwould like an invite as is my bday next week
    UOTE="David S., post: 3235811, member: 178"]Aside from the typhoon that’s raging outside of our office as I type this, Week 32 was quite exciting for all of us at OnePlus. We kicked things off with the Bamboo StyleSwap Cover announcement and rolled out the initial wave of shareable invites. The new Cover generated a lot of interest, and we are pumped for you guys to get them in the coming months.

As we rolled out more shareable invites, we began seeing the spirit of sharing spread within the community. A big thanks to those who chose to give back the shareable invites to fans within the forums and not sell them on a third-party site.

To celebrate the Bamboo StyleSwap Covers release, we hosted the Blizzard of Invites, which consisted of giving away 5,000 invites and 10 free Bamboo SwapStyle Covers when they become available. Keep an eye on your inboxes; the winners will be getting their invites today! Additionally, we gave away 100 “Never Settle” t-shirts in our giveaway yesterday. If you missed yesterday’s event, be sure to look out for more giveaways in the future!

Production and Software

Production continues to be on-track, and as a result, we’ve been able to give away a lot of invites.

The next OTA is (almost) ready, solves most of the known bugs and it is currently under testing before we can release it.

Logistics and Customer Support

Last week we faced some shipping constrains due to the rapid growth of our logistic operations. Since then we have expanded our operations both in Europe and in North America, so now we are able to process and ship more orders than ever.

Unfortunately we are still struggling to offer a timely response to all the questions and tickets we receive through our Customers Support page. The whole global team is trying to help out and clean the current backlog while at the same time we are hiring more and more staff for the CS team.

Going forward, we’ll be adding more ROMs to an already growing list in the Development section of our forums. So far we have Paranoid Android, SlimRom, and PAC ROM in addition to AOSP and CyanogenMod. If there are other ROMs you guys are interested in, let us know in the poll.

Lastly, tomorrow we'll be going to Hong Kong for our very first OnePlus Fan Gathering. We are extremely excited and we hope this is the first of many Fan Gatherings to come in the future.[/QUOTE]
    I

7. Kamau
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

Kamau , Aug 3, 2014 :
    Still no number, still no dates, still no confirmation of anything as 'In the Know' said.

This is one of the most difficult wait periods I have had in years. Been waiting on this phone's release forever and since that time I have had to wait another forever.......still no invite.

Waiting impatiently.....................

8. Kenz
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

9. Kamau
    Gingerbread Aug 3, 2014

Kamau , Aug 3, 2014 :
    That is all I have been exercising...............if patience were a muscle by the end of this my 'patience' would be bursting out of my clothes

10. RajeshBasha
    Froyo Aug 4, 2014

11. phantastic
    Cupcake Aug 4, 2014

12. sheriffjonny
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

13. sheriffjonny
    Gingerbread Aug 4, 2014

14. p_ice
    Honeycomb Aug 5, 2014

p_ice , Aug 5, 2014 :
    I appreciate the ROM support. I think that's one of the things that will set this phone apart from the others

15. adsyb99
    Donut Aug 5, 2014

16. jmhashmi
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

17. cailiqingsheng
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

cailiqingsheng , Aug 6, 2014 :
    it is not available anywhere

18. Funzbob
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 6, 2014

Funzbob , Aug 6, 2014 :
    I want a Kevlar Swap style cover /But I'm considering getting one of those Bamboo one if it's possible

Hopefully Kevlar one

19. dmhshop
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2014

dmhshop , Aug 6, 2014 :
    Really? To be honest - I find it really irritating to see people who signed up weeks after me randomly jumping the line AND seeing all the people begging for phones and people on power trips doing scam and real invite threads. I guess One Plus really did want it to be this chaotic - I had kind of assumed that this was unplanned. That actually kind of is the first thing that was announced that has downgraded OnePlus in my view. I understand wanting a marketing buzz but I guess this does explain why your company has not come out and said that expired invites go to the next in line - you actually do want begging in the forums and people at the end of the line who want phones to go crazy in the forums AND you obviously don't care about people who are patiently waiting their turn.

20. surajchavda
    Eclair Aug 6, 2014