Week 34: Developers, Developers, Developers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2014

Jerry , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Even though it’s only been 8 months since OnePlus started, for us, the journey has been filled with enough highs and lows for an entire lifetime. We’ve been working 6 days a week, and more than 14 hours a day to make the One the best it can be, but despite the late nights and the blood, sweat and tears, we wouldn’t trade the ride for anything else in the world.

This week has been a week of preparations for a number of events to come. The first and most prominent will be Pete’s appearance at TechCrunch Beijing 2014, where he will be a guest speaker to discuss OnePlus’ meteoric rise into prominence. If there are any OnePlus fans attending the event, please find us and say hello!

Speaking of meeting us, we hosted a small impromptu Fan Gathering in Sweden this week. A number of fans attended despite the short notice and chatted with @Carl about their thoughts on the One and what they want to see from us in the future.

mmexport1407578551109.jpg

To continue to deliver on our promise of giving you guys the freedom to personalize your own One experience, we officially released the ColorOS rom in Development section of our forums. Please be careful when flashing your phone. We encourage you to learn all the steps through the numerous instructional resources available on our forums.

Production, Logistics, and Customer Support Update

Because our phones are labeled as A0001 on the box and the model number appears as One in CyanogenMod, we ran into issues with customs last week. The discrepancy caused a delay of roughly 2 to 3 days for shipments going to Europe and North America. However, we have since resolved the issue, and things are back on track. Production remained stable throughout the week, and we continue to work to increased our supply of OnePlus Ones available to satisfy the insane amount of demand.

Our Customer Support team continues to face a lot of challenges with ticket volume, but we are working hard to increase the size of the team. In fact, this week we welcomed another team member, Tom, who will be helping with technical issues. Going forward, we will continue to ramp up our support team and improve the experience for everyone. For now, our entire team continues to work together to answer everyone's inquiries.

Lastly, we are preparing for a contest soon. Look out for it next week and be ready with your cameras. But for now, check out this behind-the-scenes photo of our designer, @Johanne, snapping a creative shot!
    2014-08-08 14.26.14-2.jpg

onogram, Pixm, Lola Montez and 164 others like this.
  2. Dexter Morgan
    Lollipop Community Expert Aug 9, 2014

Dexter Morgan , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update. "We wouldn’t trade the ride for anything else in the world." I especially liked that part.

I need to enter the upcoming Nature pen contest like Dexter needs blood.

dexter.jpg

ANDANY, fo0ling, Apteryx and 27 others like this.
  3. volteon

jay ray, aheaton21, Ktastic and 4 others like this.
  4. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Community Expert Aug 9, 2014

fo0ling, mahvi, don-doe and 23 others like this.
  5. mangatinanda
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

Last edited: Aug 9, 2014

FelixB likes this.
  6. matsw77
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2014

georgekalyan likes this.
  7. J0han
    KitKat Community Expert Aug 9, 2014

J0han , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Yay, I'm in the picture! Fan gatherings are great and I hope that I'll be able to attend or perhaps even set up another together with some other fans in the near future.

I'm all in for the nature pen as well!

8. Waterdroid

Waterdroid , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Thanks for another weekly update. Good to hear you guys are on track again. I hope to help in any way possible, you know how to reach me.
    Also, contest you say?

[​IMG]

@Alexh221 is a bot, no doubt. :p

9. greenair
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2014

pulsorock, Horcruxkilla and rizz like this.
  10. LasseHFN
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

Jumpi1234 likes this.
  11. vinay mallik
    Gingerbread Aug 9, 2014

FelixB likes this.
  12. Emelyn
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2014

13. quza
    Jelly Bean Aug 9, 2014

14. nicvdh
    Cupcake Aug 9, 2014

15. So_ony
    KitKat Community Expert Aug 9, 2014

Mivoe99 likes this.
  16. Lazywiz
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2014

17. gmo8492
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2014

gmo8492 , Aug 9, 2014 :
    I look forward to at least winning at least one OP contest. I haven't had luck with the past 5 to 7 contests, but it might be my lucky day if I do win.

B-Rad and Dexter Morgan like this.
  18. orestis
    Honeycomb Aug 9, 2014

orestis , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Look at this on cM's jira
    [​IMG]Abhisek Devkota commented on an issue
    Re: Touch screen sensitivity issues
    Status Update on this ticket (and related):

As many of your comments have already found, our investigation into this issue has led to isolating the cause of the behavior to the touchscreen firmware found within the One. Unfortunately, Cyanogen does not control this element, we merely serve as a vehicle to deliver and utilize the firmware as provided by other partners.

We are working with those partners to provide a permanent solution to this issue. In the meantime, in the absence of an immediate remedy, we are placing workaround solutions - including the kernel patch linked above.

As for delivery of this fix to you, while I do not have (and frankly cannot provide) a time line for deployment of this to your devices, I can state that we are anticipating a 2-staged rollout. The first build will bring the much wanted Android 4.4.4 updates to your devices, with fixes for various other items (marked as 'resolved in July OTA'). This build is already in the approval process for deployment, and we expect to release as soon as blessed by all certification parties.

The second build, also targeted for August, will provide the kernel patch and temporary workaround mentioned for this ticket. This must go through its own approval process as well, but we understand the urgency of this particular fix and are pursuing this second builds approval with that same urgency in mind

Metalmigo, emeskumar, Cuerex and 13 others like this.
  19. SmartPhone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 9, 2014

SmartPhone , Aug 9, 2014 :
    Copy-cat ? Guess who was in news recently doing so :D

20. gmo8492
    Lollipop Aug 9, 2014

gmo8492 , Aug 9, 2014 :
    So would that make you a waterbot since you're waterdroid. :eek:

juako likes this.