Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

2. Krunal Oza
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2014

3. MattGoo
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2014

4. h4music
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2014

h4music , Sep 16, 2014 :
    Thanks for the update. Hopefully the phone will be bug free by the time I get an invite ;)

5. Sicurezza
    Donut Sep 16, 2014

craigus62 likes this.
  6. The_Hoff87
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

7. tabascouk
    Jelly Bean Sep 16, 2014

8. Reticula
    Eclair Sep 16, 2014

Reticula , Sep 16, 2014 :
    :(

9. GotONE
    Gingerbread Sep 16, 2014

GotONE , Sep 16, 2014 :
    So, how many live people are handling RMAs? None... one... two?

I am interested in helping out. So I will give you a free suggestion. Segregate the requests for RMA into at two groups: (1) those who have within 14 days of receipt elected to return the OPO they received with or without a reason; and (2) the remainder who need a repair.

According to the OnePlus warranty, a purchaser may elect to return a product with or without a reason within 14 days of receipt. However, in order to do so, they must receive an RMA from OnePlus. As I see it, there is no reason for any delay whatsoever in issuing an RMA to this group... it should not take two days, let alone two weeks or two months to issue the RMA in such cases.

So that you know, I have purchased two OPO smartphones, the first in late July and the second in late August. The first one has had no issues and continues to work great. The second one worked great for the first three days... then it shut down. Tried all the fixes (e.g. factory reset) to no avail. Now it will repeatedly attempt to boot up,,, but nothing. At the present time OnePlus' customer service is close to nonexistent. I notified OnePlus on 9/05/14 (six days following receipt) of my intention to return this item, and requested an RMA. So far, all I have received are computer generated replies telling me that they will be looking into the issue.

Given the lack of appropriate response, on 9/11/14, I filed a dispute with PayPal. As of today, my account shows "PayPal reversed" and no pending RMA. However, my contact with PayPal advised that they have no knowledge of the charge having been reversed. I will give OnePlus one more day before I escalate my dispute to a claim.

In the meantime I received the following email from OnePlus:

[​IMG]
    They are here: SHAREABLE INVITES. Take a moment to celebrate.
    Now, please read the following very carefully to avoid any regrets:

1. There are two ways to share invites: By link or by email. Either way, once the invite link is claimed, that invite is gone. You've waited this long; so please, double check, be careful, and take your time before sharing your invites.

2. If you are sharing by email address, make sure you input the email address correctly and make sure the person you are sharing the invite with knows you are sending it. Please note you can share the same invite with many people until it gets claimed, be careful how many you send it to.

3. After sharing your invites with friends and family, help them with your wealth of knowledge. You are a part of our brand, an ambassador of sorts, and we value your advocacy and support.

4. Should your friend not use the invite in time it will be returned to your account to share with someone else.

Your invites are in your account! Have a look and thank you for Never Settling.

© OnePlus

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

I must say that I am reluctant to share an invite given the status of OnePlus' customer service.

craigus62 and avidfan451 like this.
  10. Riseup13
    Honeycomb Sep 16, 2014

Riseup13 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    I am more than willing to test the new updates and let you know how they are working out. Feel free to send me a test phone and I will get started. :)

Sicurezza likes this.
  11. avidfan451
    Cupcake Sep 16, 2014

avidfan451 , Sep 16, 2014 :
    @GotONE -- Thanks for posting this. I've only had mine for a couple of weeks now, but it had a similar issue:

My OnePlus One arrived with scratches on the metal frame around the screen. Contacted support, asking for a return RMA, and instead got a response asking me to pay to fix the phone. (!!!) When I advised that I didn't scratch it, it arrived scratched, then I was told I could return the phone but it would take a few weeks. I responded that this is what I wanted, but no answer. Then the case I bought from OnePlus started cracking at the corners on its own -- never dropped at all. Followed up to my original ticket with this added information, and still no response. It's now eleven days from my last email with support. I still want a replacement -- glutton for punishment I guess -- but they won't answer a thing.

THIS. IS. A. PROBLEM.

OnePlus appear to be very savvy on their marketing and the reviews in the press have been pretty stellar. However, if they can't get the support trail right, this company's going nowhere. And the more customers they get, the more problems they'll have. And folks want to know why the phone's still on an invite only basis? That's your answer right there: they're ramping up production, but don't want too many customers because they know they can't keep up with support issues. Period.

Right now, OnePlus One = Zero for me. Actually, a -1 in the support department. Love the phone, just wish it didn't have scratches. Reading other posts in these forums, I think it's possible I got an RMA'd phone that they didn't check well enough...

Good luck. I'm waiting for my response, too.

So, @David S. -- Any response, or is your response just that you're looking to hire more people?

craigus62 likes this.
  12. GotONE
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

GotONE , Sep 17, 2014 :
    If you have had it for less than 14 days, immediately request an RMA (not an exchange but return for refund... that is a full refund if the issue reason for the return relates to a defect). Also, immediately open a dispute with PayPal.

And for the rest of you who have yet to receive your OPO, you are in for a great smartphone at a reasonable price... if it works. If there is any sign of a defect within the first 14 days, don't horse around with it... don't try to be a nice guy and ask for a replacement. Instead, immediately request that RMA, and immediately start a dispute with PayPal. Once you go beyond that 14 day period, you are at the mercy of OnePlus' support team and I doubt it will be a pleasant experience.

avidfan451 likes this.
  13. GotONE
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

GotONE , Sep 17, 2014 :

avidfan451 likes this.
  14. avidfan451
    Cupcake Sep 17, 2014

avidfan451 , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Good advice for all. Sadly, I am definitely past the 14 day mark, but the original issue was raised in that period. Do I still qualify?

15. GotONE
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

GotONE , Sep 17, 2014 :
    You might want to try filing a PayPal dispute ASAP.

16. superphone
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

craigus62 likes this.
  17. Simone Pietro Saragosa
    Froyo Sep 17, 2014

Simone Pietro Saragosa , Sep 17, 2014 :
    Keep up the good work: the phone is stunning, head and shoulders above competition!

18. Sushanth
    Gingerbread Sep 17, 2014

Sushanth , Sep 17, 2014 :
    I agree they too busy playing football....guys stop playin and make some phones

19. Deactivated User
    Sep 17, 2014

20. sebopilat
    Honeycomb Sep 17, 2014