Week 40: And So It Begins, the OnePlus Pre-order System

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2014

Jerry , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Even though 40 weeks have passed since we first began the Weekly Updates, our Never Settle attitude and passion for creating the best possible user experience continues to burn with the intensity of a thousand suns. And it is also because of this vision that we announced the discontinuation of the StyleSwap Covers this week, due to a number of challenges; in the end, we simply weren’t comfortable with releasing the covers to everyone that doesn’t offer the best experience. However, we will have a limited quantity of Bamboo covers for sale that have already passed quality assurance and look amazing. If you are interested in the Bamboo StyleSwap Cover, please look out for an announcement.

More than offsetting the StyleSwap discontinuation news is the launch of the OnePlus Blog, and our announcement on it that in late October, we plan on selling the OnePlus One using a new Pre-order System. This doesn’t mean that we are ending the Invite System; both will exist and serve different purposes. If you have an invite for the OnePlus One, you will be able to order from confirmed stock. With the Pre-order System, we will ship devices as stock becomes available. For those who haven’t had a chance to buy the OnePlus One, we hope you guys are excited. The Pre-order System will be a much easier way to get your hands on the OnePlus One.

As a reminder, the London Fan Gathering is in four days, and the xda:devcon is only a few days after in Manchester. If you are based in the UK and interested in meeting the OnePlus Team, come pay us a visit!

Production & Software

The latest OTA is being tested further. We expect the process to take a few weeks, which means you guys should receive it sometime in mid-October. Production continues to increase with overwhelming demand. As we improve our efficiency and quality control, more and more devices can be shipped to you guys. For accessories, we are cooking up something new. So look out in the coming weeks for new releases.

Customer Support

Our Customer Support teammates launched what we call Insanity Week, a hard push to solve as many support tickets as we can by congregating everyone in our Brainstorm Room. We hope you guys have seen the results of their hard work and that your inquiries were answered with clarity, professionalism, and speed.

As always, we are looking for more people to join the OnePlus team. More people who have the will and desire to make a dent in the world. If this sounds like something you’d be interested in, send us your resume: http://oneplus.net/careers.

david and una.jpg

Lastly, despite the best effort from David and I, Emmanuel and Miguel bested us in the Foosball Series, beating us narrowly, 10-8.

smurfff, lekrovil, cecycb and 194 others like this.
  2. Waterdroid
    Lollipop Community Expert Sep 20, 2014

3. xythiii
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 20, 2014

Pedro likes this.
  4. quza
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

lgoptimusyohan, Pedro and teqnix like this.
  5. Simone_Sola97
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

szuyu, scandyb and Pedro like this.
  6. Leafie
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

kate2811, Pentol and Pedro like this.
  7. gmo8492
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2014

gmo8492 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Yeah, I guess I have to be here everyday until I get too see when the limited amount of bamboo covers go for sale. I just hope they don't sell out within a matter of minutes, I at least want something to make my OPO even more awesome than it already is. :)

8. Jon Roth

Premsk and Pedro like this.
  9. mandar45
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

Pedro and teqnix like this.
  10. Suneth
    Honeycomb Sep 20, 2014

11. deimos11
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

Pedro likes this.
  12. leelajagadish
    Jelly Bean Sep 20, 2014

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014

demugs, Motomby25, anish9702 and 3 others like this.
  13. Pedro

Pedro , Sep 20, 2014 :
    hell yes, pre orders!!
    but i already have one :c
    p.s i want that dock!!!

14. teqnix
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2014

teqnix , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Good to see an official announcement on it wich didn't get closed! :p btw is that and dock I'm seeing? :)
    The OTA will be out mid October??? Are u kidding me....

finaldentiny, Fish and Pedro like this.
  15. lauri
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

lauri , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Seems to me too. I'd like to own one :)

cdavies and Pedro like this.
  16. HamishDS
    Gingerbread Sep 20, 2014

HamishDS , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Still waiting for my invites to share to arrive but hopefully a preorder system will stop spam on the forums

rathinam1 and Pedro like this.
  17. sommersy
    KitKat Sep 20, 2014

sommersy , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Not really, imo!

If there are going to be Kevlar-backed limited edition units, are they to be sold per invite or by pre-order?

Another thing that's not clear to me; are you shipping preorder units to any country, or just the original launch countries again?

Last edited: Sep 21, 2014

Pedro likes this.
  18. gmo8492
    Lollipop Sep 20, 2014

gmo8492 , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Seems like a charging dock for the OPO, I guess that's' one of the new accessories hitting the OnePlus store ;)

Mostyn, flescobarp and Pedro like this.
  19. chillz88

Pedro likes this.
  20. caffeine

caffeine , Sep 20, 2014 :
    Test the OTA good cause all the bugs need to be ironed out to shut the mouths of many critics, myself included. Keep up the good work and never settle! :)