Week 46: Bamboo StyleSwap Covers, Una’s Birthday, and Halloween

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat H
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

Cat H , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Mercury’s back, you guys! Thank goodness. November is already shaping up to be a fantastic month for mankind. If you need proof, an announcement about invites was just made earlier today and I’m pretty sure you’re going to like it.

Maybe you heard that our Pre-orders launched on Monday. Maybe you also heard that although we thought we were prepared, our servers were no match for your Never Settling enthusiasm. As we encountered problems during the one hour time window we expanded it to three so more people could place their pre-orders. The number of visitor was far greater than we initially estimated, so we will hold Round 2 of Pre-orders later this month.

For some more long-awaited good news, our limited Bamboo StyleSwap Covers that seemed to have achieved the status of a holographic Mew card are up for grabs--head to Contests to enter your name into the raffle to win an invite. The raffle will close on November 4th so there’s still plenty of time to try your luck.

Our dog Una turned one year old on Wednesday! Excitement levels were at an all-time high in the Brainstorm Room, the most exclusive venue in OnePlus HQ. Anyone who’s anyone came to the party. Lots of important dogs were in attendance. On Wednesday everyone wears pink so Una chose a Mario jumpsuit to show that fashion is cyclical and terry cloth is edgy once again. Portraits autographed by the birthday girl were given to all the guests. A Siberian Husky tried to steal the spotlight and made a scene under the dessert table. All in all, I challenge you to throw a more awesome dog birthday party. (Pictured below is me petting Una and I look like a feral hamster. Bad angles happen, ok?)

Yesterday was Halloween, the most hallowed of weens. Naturally, sugar and candy was consumed all day in celebration. Days before many people stated (in a spreadsheet no less because that’s how we roll) that they would come to work in costume and then of course did not uphold this promise, but these are the perils of an international workplace that employs many people who don’t give a beaver’s front teeth about American childhood traditions. Yet that didn’t seem to stop them from eating our lovingly made cheeseburgers at the office party. Haters gonna eat cheeseburgers. Anyway, the point here is happy Halloween everybody! Don’t forget to download our Halloween wallpapers and check out the winner of our costume contest.

Lastly, we haven’t forgotten about you India! Say hello to Vikas, our new OnePlus General Manager of India Operations. May he live forever and rain phones upon you (coming soon).

4.jpg

6.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

2. 14536
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2014

14536 , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Yes! Happy birthday! :)
    OnePlus and invites... Like Apple's gates! ;D

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

3. J0han
    KitKat Nov 1, 2014

J0han , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Happy Birthday Una and Happy Halloween to the rest of us!

Keeping my fingers crossed for an invite to buy a bamboo styleswap cover ;)

Tom_Dc, SimonPhi35, drmartin and 9 others like this.
  4. aalau
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

bwj90016 and imnotarobot123 like this.
  5. heide
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2014

aris and kevm66 like this.
  6. Nilesh Sajnani
    KitKat Nov 1, 2014

TigerXC, aris, iTrollz and 3 others like this.
  7. Rolodex
    Marshmallow Nov 1, 2014

flexthis, KaiB, Cuerex and 14 others like this.
  8. DRCH
    Marshmallow Nov 1, 2014

TigerXC, gaster, drmartin and 4 others like this.
  9. manosome
    Jelly Bean Nov 1, 2014

10. rass314
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

rass314 , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Yeah thanks for the update Happy Belated Halloween to All. Welcome Vikas to one plus one family and yes we all are waiting for storm of invites in November

VanessaRican likes this.
  11. Rolodex
    Marshmallow Nov 1, 2014

Rolodex , Nov 1, 2014 :
    +35694958643587464875085670645675380927639093767320963262356236536523632623!!!!!

12. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Nov 1, 2014

13. bigdogmn73
    Eclair Nov 1, 2014

bigdogmn73 , Nov 1, 2014 :
    Happy B-day! That bamboo cover sure looks nice. I'm so excited I just got my order changed to ready to ship. Should be shipped out in three day. SO SO HAPPY about. I was excited about my iphone 5 when I got it, but this is a whole new level. I plan on showing it off to all my dev folks and get them to buy them during the next pre-order.

14. Satras
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

Satras , Nov 1, 2014 :
    I should Work at OP too, this means I would have a Bamboo cover by now ...

sallafin likes this.
  15. Aman Surana
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

16. Mr Sprinkles
    KitKat Nov 1, 2014

17. Maximus Decimus Meridius
    Marshmallow Moderator Nov 1, 2014

18. sallafin
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2014

sallafin , Nov 1, 2014 :
    India operations, eagerly waiting to start sales in India, u need to work 48 a day to fulfill India's demand for OPO..

pcpl45 likes this.
  19. superplus
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Nov 1, 2014

superplus , Nov 1, 2014 :
    great news all around :D
    and happy belated b'day @Una!!
    [​IMG]
    sorry the husky had to be such a spoilsport ;)

Last edited: Nov 1, 2014

20. Vitto
    Honeycomb Nov 1, 2014

Vitto , Nov 1, 2014 :
    I love dogs a lot and I'd be very happy to have mine in the office.

Having said that I'm very disappointed that there's no mention about customer service. My ticket looks to be in the drawer since 3 weeks, like my phone.

Have I to settle for such a bad customer service?
    Less parties and more work please.

KiiLLER ViRUS and Pinar like this.