Week 47: Pre-orders, Globetrotting, and New Faces

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

Bradon H , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Hello everyone, fancy meeting you here. My name is Bradon, and you don’t know me (yet). I’m excited to announce that I am the latest (greatest?) new staff member here at OnePlus. But, that’s enough about me. I’m far more interested in you, as you guys are why we get out of bed in the morning. You make this whole thing possible. I love you guys is what I’m sayin’, and it’s nice to meet all of you. Take a second to drop me a line and introduce yourself. On to the news!

The second round of pre-orders for the OnePlus One is just around the corner, and we’ve been hard at work behind the scenes to create a smoother experience. The one-hour pre-order windows opens on November 17 at 16:00 GMT (8am PST, 11am EST), but we will be releasing all of the details soon. Like last time, you’ll be able to prepare your order in advance, so get ready.

For those of you who already have a OnePlus One, the CM 11S 44S update dropped yesterday. Only a month since the last OTA update, our friends at Cyanogen and us are dedicated to constantly improving your experience (something about “Never Settling”). The update is rolling out incrementally, so if you haven’t already received the update, expect it soon.

OnePlus has been all over the place. Earlier this week, Pete, Carl, Bridget, and Michael attended the Web Summit in Dublin. Currently, some of our team is hard at work at the Engadget Expand conference in New York City, spreading the OnePlus word and soaking up inspiration from all of the innovators in attendance. While there, Carl, David, and Ruston will be hosting a fan gathering in Manhattan. As I type this, @cplim is kicking things off in Malaysia with another fan gathering in the Klang Valley. There’s nothing we love more than meeting with our fans, so let us know where you’d like to see us next!

mmexport1415432379162.jpg

Speaking of new markets, in this insightful interview, OnePlus’ new India General Manager, Vikas, fielded questions from our forum users on the topics of OnePlus, the Indian smartphone market, and Bollywood.

Finally, let’s talk accessories. We asked for your input in regards to the future of OnePlus accessories, and we’re listening. Some really interesting things are coming out of the OnePlus lab, so stay tuned. I think you’ll be pleased. Also, the raffle for the Bamboo StyleSwap Cover invites has ended, so congratulations to the winners.

I leave you with pictures of the OnePlus office (AKA the AirPlus One, OnePlex, FunPlus, One’s Landing, or the Big Una Kahuna).

_MG_3020.JPG

_MG_3250.JPG

IMG_1716.JPG

IMG_2127.JPG

P.S. We’ve recently passed 500,000 OnePlus One devices sold worldwide! It’s a big week for all of us here at OnePlus, and we couldn’t have done it without you. Never Settle.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014

2. Ivan O'Neill
    Eclair Nov 8, 2014

Last edited: Nov 9, 2014

slee0108, aris and wedad like this.
  3. Quorbach
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

4. 14536
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 8, 2014

14536 , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Nice,nice Una is so sweet!!! And the oneplex is looking great!

aris likes this.
  5. Joonas
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

6. Serenepain
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

Serenepain , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Awesome sauce!! Welcome @Bradon H , im jake. I would have liked to go to the new york gathering but tickets were sold out and i had other plans made. congrats on the 500k devices sold!!

7. Elderon

8. fgrhuhrg

9. caribo
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2014

myyr, Nilesh Sajnani and ChrisTerp like this.
  10. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Nov 8, 2014

11. abhijit.khadilkar
    Eclair Nov 8, 2014

jjwy3 likes this.
  12. ashok0605620
    Eclair Nov 8, 2014

13. ChrisTerp
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2014

ChrisTerp , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Thanks for the weekly update and welcome aboard OnePlus and the forum @Bradon H .

How about an update on the slow forum - it drains my OnePlus One battery too much as I'm viewing and engaging in the forum - ha ha ha..

Look forward to 44S OTA soon as well as what's in store for new accessories.

Hope the folks have a chance to enjoy Dublin and Ireland while they were over there.

Enjoy your weekend All.

EDIT: Looks like form speed improving. Hope the issue resolved. Thanks.

14. thehashbd

thehashbd , Nov 8, 2014 :
    I am an Indian OPO fan , i 've been waiting for opo release since 2 months and trust me the india market thing they told in the announcement is bluff.
    We haven't got any news regarding the india launch and oneplus india GM has us waiting like hungry hyenas.

jjwy3, rsid1, princekna12 and 2 others like this.
  15. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

Bradon H , Nov 8, 2014 :
    If you happen to live near a beach with those drinks that have tiny umbrellas, feel free to email my boss and request me by name. I love tiny umbrellas.

16. Sai123ch
    Donut Nov 8, 2014

jjwy3 likes this.
  17. aakashjhaveri
    Lollipop Nov 8, 2014

jjwy3 and FAROOK like this.
  18. willb2000
    Donut Nov 8, 2014

willb2000 , Nov 8, 2014 :
    I can't wait to see what will come out of the Oneplus lab this time. Thanks for the update and welcome to the Oneplus community Bradon :D

jjwy3 likes this.
  19. Camkov
    Donut Nov 8, 2014

Camkov , Nov 8, 2014 :
    Wonderful to meet you and congrats on all the accomplishments, namely 500,000 units sold, WOW!!!

I look forward to watching OPO turn the world up-side down.

Thanks for all the hard work and efforts.

Sincerely,
    One anxiously waiting ;-)

jjwy3 likes this.
  20. Bradon H
    Honeycomb Nov 8, 2014

Bradon H , Nov 8, 2014 :
    It's Bradon by the way, not Brandon (no "n."). It's very unfortunate that there actually is a Brandon H on the forums. You guys are blowing up his inbox, haha.

Nasrumed, Louluvre, greglbd and 30 others like this.