Week 53: #HappyBirthdayOnePlus

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cat H Honeycomb Dec 20, 2014

Cat H, Dec 20, 2014 :
    Take note of the 53. This week marked the first birthday of OnePlus! It feels like yesterday we were just a small team of optimists about to get mixed up in the high stakes game of world diplomacy and international intrigue (name the quote and no googling). Don’t forget to read Carl’s blog post and watch our video about the year’s events.

In case you missed it, on Tuesday we posted about our latest partnership with Waves to bring MaxxAudio to the One. Expect to see the arrival of custom immersive sound to your One in January’s big OTA.

On Wednesday we announced the latest addition to our accessories lineup: the OnePlus Power Bank, a portable 10,000 mAh battery. You can charge up to two devices at the same time, so you’ll never have to worry about low power again. Keep your eyes open because it’s going to be hitting our online store early next year.

One of the most exciting developments at OnePlus so far is the creation of our own ROM. We have a lot of ideas in the works, but the one thing we’re missing is a sweet name. So put on your thinking caps, guys, because we need your help. Send us your best ideas, and if we pick yours, you win a OnePlus One, our new Power Bank, and a trip to Hong Kong.

While on the subject, if you like free OnePlus Ones, then you should definitely enter our contest on Vine. Send us a birthday message with the hashtag #HappyBirthdayOnePlus and you could win a 64GB Sandstone Black OnePlus One. The consolation prize is making all of us at OnePlus HQ smile a lot. Either way you look at it, you win!

Now for a shout out to our fans in the Netherlands! Some of them are getting together today to host their own Fan Gathering, which is awesome. Sorry we couldn’t make it this time, guys! We hope to get to the Netherlands soon to see you all. In the meantime, enjoy yourselves and please post lots of photos.

December 17th marked our first birthday. It was a glorious day of business as usual. But we took some time to celebrate come nightfall (read: karaoke). There were Spice Girls hits, some of Avril Lavigne’s most forgotten songs, and even a little Justin Bieber. I think it’s safe to say we know how to have a good time. It also became clear that everyone has their own karaoke solo hidden up their sleeves. Anybody else here have a go-to karaoke song?

group-photo2.jpg

While I have you here, let’s reminisce together about how you heard about OnePlus for the first time. How have you felt watching us grow in this short year? We’d love to hear your stories!

Finally, from all of us at OnePlus, we’d like to wish you very Happy Holidays! Enjoy spending time with your families and friends. See you next week.

2. Hanson Lee Lollipop Community Expert Dec 20, 2014

3. Pratham Prakash Gupta Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2014

Pratham Prakash Gupta, Dec 20, 2014 :
    The first thing I do when I see a post by any admin with zero comments is to comment on the post.. And then I start reading it.. :p;)

LeonBayer, nrjydv, dsaini007 and 22 others like this.
  4. carbine30 Lollipop Dec 20, 2014

5. NilsKeesmekers Gingerbread Dec 20, 2014

6. awkward_potato KitKat Dec 20, 2014

7. DRCH German POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 20, 2014

DRCH, Dec 20, 2014 :
    I See you guys had a great week !
    Keep going ;)

#HappyBirthdayOnePlus

8. ventage Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2014

orb205 and eentebim like this.
  9. nasoni Gingerbread Dec 20, 2014

10. Akki4Trespasser Honeycomb Dec 20, 2014

Akki4Trespasser, Dec 20, 2014 :
    Happy Birthday OnePlus..
    Already having goosebumps bout the MaxxAudio internship.
    Bring it on #OnePlus, lemme hear some real music now. :) :rolleyes::D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014

11. Milad KitKat Dec 20, 2014

12. wilmarsaly Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

wilmarsaly, Dec 20, 2014 :
    You guys are awesome! Today is going to be great!

13. viraaj11 Jelly Bean Community Expert Dec 20, 2014

14. simonc76 Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

15. rishibb Gingerbread Dec 20, 2014

16. Pratham Prakash Gupta Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 20, 2014

17. DRCH German POC Assistant Head Moderator Dec 20, 2014

DRCH, Dec 20, 2014 :
    Its not :p

Kattis, Nilesh Sajnani and lnxpro like this.
  18. dizzle16 Jelly Bean Dec 20, 2014

dizzle16, Dec 20, 2014 :
    I first heard about you guys early this year. Recognized the cyanogenmod name, then heard about the invites and thought this phone wasn't for me. Then it was released and I saw the specs and different contests. Took me a few months before finally I decided to enter one and needless to say I didn't win an invite. So I moved on, considered getting this phone or the nexus 5. Ended up getting an invite through another website 5 months ago basically through luck and ordered the phone. Use it to this day. Happy birthday OnePlus. Don't let us down

19. swapjad30 Gingerbread Dec 20, 2014

20. Maximus Decimus Meridius Lollipop Senior Moderator Dec 20, 2014

Maximus Decimus Meridius, Dec 20, 2014 :
    Congrats!!! Thanks for everything OnePlus

Omg it will be Awesome! :)

Last edited: Dec 20, 2014