Week Update 307: Updates, Starry Nights and Halloween Scares

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 2, 2019

dsmonteiro , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Week 307.png

Hey there,

I hope all of you a wonderful week and that the scariest night of the year didn't startle you too much.

OnePlus 6 and 6T get their slice of Oxygen 10
    A few hours ago, the rollout for Oxygen 10, based on Android 10, started for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Be sure to visit the announcement thread to share your comments or use the Feedback Tool on the Community app to send your suggestions or bug reports directly to us.

OnePlus TV joins the Closed Beta team
    @Steven X. is inviting 60 OnePlus TV owners to join the Closed Beta Test program. By doing so, you'll not only be getting early access to features weeks or even months before they are released, but also getting an exclusive line of communication with our developers. Don't miss your chance and read more about it here.

A new month and new week, two new challenges
    Photography is a big thing in our Community. As a new month starts, so does a new Shot on OnePlus contest and, this time, is all about the Starry Night. If you want to share pictures that are not related to Astrophotography, we also got you covered! Head over to this thread to share you November (or even Movember) pics. And with a new week, you also get a new Mobile Photography Challenge. This week, we're inviting you to share some great picture of our furry, feathery or even scaly friends.

We dress up for Halloween
    At our HQ, everyone dressed up the occasion! Last Thursday, everyone joined the Halloween spirit and filled the office with joy! You can visit this thread to check a few more pictures from the staff or even share your own!
    @Ruby G. also hosted a contest for our North American Community, inviting them to share their funniest pranks. Some people really outdid themselves! Here are some of the funniest ones:

In our London office, Adam won our Best Costume Contest. Fun fact, he used to represent Great Britain internationally in fencing, so this choice is very fitting for him.

IMG_20191031_122749.jpg

More highlights of the week
    That's it for this week! Have a great weekend and we'll see each other on Monday!

2. YRJ
    Lollipop Nov 2, 2019

YRJ , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Hah! The Weekend is here, what a spooky week :D
    Thanks for the update dsmonteiro! With so many costumes Adam's sure stood out. We have a winner in the HQ but I personally am looking forward to who wins the trick or treat contest. The Monopoly man looks great!

Have a great weekend folks :)

3. script
    Nougat Moderator Nov 2, 2019

script , Nov 2, 2019 :
    Aye,

As the weekly challenge is hosted by me this time, let me add: please post only pictures of wild animals. Cats, dogs, fish, bugs, (insects) are not the task.

Also, the November contest is about pictures of stars. Astro photography. Please, don't post old pictures there, the star and milky way pictures should be from this month.

All other pics can happily be shared in the „normal“ November photo thread.

Have a good WE all,

Cheers, Script

4. kuldeepyadav9878
    Eclair Nov 4, 2019

5. Vinay Maharshi
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

Starcommander likes this.

Vinay Maharshi and Starcommander like this.
  7. Starcommander
    KitKat Nov 4, 2019

Sai KrishnaD likes this.
  8. VaisakhPD
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

9. Coolkunwar1992
    Donut Nov 4, 2019

10. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Nov 4, 2019

Impersonal , Nov 4, 2019 :
    Thanks for the recap @dsmonteiro , it really was a great, FUN week.... @Crystal Z. had the most awesome Halloween picture(s), and if she were just a user she would definitely win that Contest :p
    Also, yes, @L1572124169466 gave us a really hunting, unsettling picture, simple and effective concept, something a "big head" :p would come up with!

We were spoiled, and really had some interesting, compelling, informative, great reads in phase 1 of The Lab review challenge, the 7T really is a great device (the true star of the Fall launch, the embodiment of Never Settle philosophy, and the only one I was really interested about ;) ) the fellow users that accepted the challenge (Thank You All ! ) , through their enormous time consuming efforts, proved once aggain how awesome and passionate this Community really is, making this edition of the "Lab" probably the best so far....all we need is a megathred "7T Community Reviews" where all the reviews from the Lab should be linked, people really surpassed all expectations, and deserve all the credit, I particularly liked @YRJ and @rameshshreyas entries, hope OnePlus, next year you'll send them the new devices for review, I mean, such great quality, in depth content, done with passion, by AWESOME, knowledgeable fellow Community users, is to me way more interesting and important than any "big tech" YouTuber reviewer that does this kind of a content for "work" at a superficial levele.
    (sidenote : I've seen..a review of the McLaren edition, a couple of day ago. the reviewer wasn't even capable, aware or interested in opening the bottom compartment were the awesome case highlighted by @Eric L. is located).

I wish you all a AWESOME new week and month !

Cheers!

Last edited: Nov 4, 2019

11. Aadeshc
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2019

12. Reet Munot
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

13. rameshshreyas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 4, 2019

rameshshreyas , Nov 4, 2019 :
    Man, this made my day!
    Thank you so much for the kind words! :)

Vinay Maharshi and Impersonal like this.
  14. Chinmaya Mahapatra
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

15. sechinov
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 4, 2019

16. VaisakhPD
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019

Aadeshc likes this.
  17. S1560320209990
    Eclair Nov 4, 2019

kuldeepyadav9878 likes this.
  18. Jonymirza
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2019