Weekend Fun Time (GTA V Community Games Night Edition)

1. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer May 15, 2020

luigimario , May 15, 2020 :
    [​IMG]

Next Game Time: (Today) Monday May 18 at 1:00pm GMT

Join this OnePlus Crew by Leandroo below. Then we can play together more easily. It's called OnePlus Community, not the other one with the PLUS tag.

A few of us are playing right now. Go online and join crew members or pick the option to join me or Leandroo (Ravota). That's why it's important you join the crew.

Hi Everyone!

As many of you may know, Epic Games has GTA V for free to own until next Thursday. I thought this was a great opportunity for another Community Games Night (weekend). I'll give some instructions below how to get set up. Let's all play GTA V together!! (I'm planning to organize matches over Saturday, and maybe Sunday and Monday too. Feel free to create your own as well).

STEPS:
    1. Go to https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/product/grand-theft-auto-v/home
    2. Log in to your account or sign up for an account if you don't have one already.
    3. Add the game to your account my "purchasing" it for free. (You can do this in the app after step 4 if you want).
    4. Download the Epic Games Launcher app and install on your PC (sorry, doesn't work on Mac unless you have Windows running in Bootcamp, and even that might not work).
    5. After GTA V is added to your account, you will see it in the Game Launcher app after you are logged in. Click on "Install" GTA V to start the download. (This is a massive 94GB download! Be prepared to wait a long time if you have a slow connection or download speeds are low for any reason. I have a 75mbps connection and was downloading at about 8MB/s for about 2.5 hours).
    6. Once the game is downloaded and installed, you will need to download (another 1GB) and sign up for a RockStar Games Social Club account (I know, another account and password!). This is the account you use to add friends and connect with others online. When you try to launch the game it will tell you to download this. You will also need to verify your email account through this, and it can take a long time for the email to show up. It took 20 minutes for me.
    7. After you are all registered and set up, you need to play through the prologue in the story mode to unlock online play.
    8. You can add friends through the Social Club (links in game or by browser login) and that's how we can all play together.
    9. Feel free to create your own Crews (teams) and we will see which Crew reigns supreme!

That's about it. It's a fairly long and complicated process to get going but I'm looking forward to pulling heists, robbing banks, and escaping the cops with everyone! Tag everyone you think might be interested below :D

Join this OnePluscOnePlus by Leandroo below. Then we can play together more easily.

Last edited: May 18, 2020

3. Batman360
    OnePlus Accessory Tester May 16, 2020

Batman360 , May 16, 2020 :

Nice one 🔥 Will surely be joining today 😁

4. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Community Expert May 16, 2020

cdnfarmer , May 16, 2020 :
    Have fun @luigimario

Those go kart driving skills will pay off. :D Saw Luigi and Mario toys in such vehicles at the store last weekend. Thought of you. Hope that you are well.

5. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 16, 2020

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert May 16, 2020

Venky61 , May 16, 2020 :
    I ended up receiving 25 mails by the end of the hour.... :p
    So yes, please be patient... it takes long time to receive verification mail and resend verification doesn't help.

7. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 16, 2020

G_plusone , May 16, 2020 :
    Have fun people with high internet speeds :D

luigimario and luxuskamel like this.
  9. vikramkkumar
    Froyo May 16, 2020

10. Ivan Vrabac
    Froyo May 16, 2020

Ivan Vrabac , via OnePlus 8 Pro , May 16, 2020 :
    I have this game and i enjoyed it. I bought it when i was 8 now im 15.
    I like to Mod xD so i just givemyself police cars money etc. especially now when there is all for free

Dresa91 likes this.
  11. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 16, 2020

luxuskamel , May 16, 2020 :
    By thinking about cloning the HDD (and i've started a new Netflix show) I actually forgot to download last night -_-
    Well today then

12. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer May 16, 2020

luigimario , May 16, 2020 :
    Woot!

Aww thanks! I was thinking about you too. Hope you're keeping well. Enjoy the May 2-4!

Thanks, you too!

Lol I just got one this morning!

🤣🤣🤣

My user name is luigimario_
    Add me

Hahaha, what were you watching? Hopefully the game downloads quickly.

Did you figure out the drive cloning?

13. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 16, 2020

Dresa91 , May 16, 2020 :
    :)

14. Sanjhai
    Gingerbread May 16, 2020

G_plusone likes this.
  15. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer May 16, 2020

16. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 16, 2020

I am trying the program that you used right now. So far it seems ok :)
    Probably I have to do it all again next week when I receive an NVMe SSD drive :)

17. luigimario

Oh nice! I'll be sure to join.

Are you doing a test run for now? I hope it works out well.

18. luigimario

Hey everyone, I'm proposing the first game in 3 hours from now (1pm GMT). I still need to figure out how to set up a match and invite people etc. but if anyone here already knows how please tag me. Or if you'd like to organize the game, that's cool too!

19. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 16, 2020

Yes kind of. I'm not sure how I want to manage my storage. I will have:
    -1tb NVMe
    -500gb NVMe
    -500gb sata ssd
    -1tb HDD

I need at least 500gb for windows either NVMe or sata ssd, then I want my main Pop!OS on a NVMe and another partition/disk for the /home which I can also access from a fedora distro. Hmm everything's so complicated^^

20. manasarora98
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 16, 2020

manasarora98 , via OnePlus 6 , May 16, 2020 :
    waiting for some more games that were a hit, to be out for free.

Anyways, GTA VI is around the corner, everyone knows GTA had lost the people's interest in it and to regain back they gave it free.

luigimario likes this.