Weekend Fun Time - The Appreciation Thread

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Sep 7, 2019

Cheetosdust , Sep 7, 2019 :
    Yes, Apple will announce the new iPhones ;)

2. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 7, 2019

YRJ , Sep 7, 2019 :
    Something isn't right :p

Starcommander and Cheetosdust like this.
  3. Cheetosdust

I'm sure you have a big heart, so don't be so hard on yourself.

I'm not saying you are the next Brad Pitt, but there's no need to write that about your own face.

4. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Sep 7, 2019

Discostu , Sep 7, 2019 :
    Personally, I appreciate @script - I am a keen photographer with a professional camera and my phone, seeing @script tirelessly sharing photos taken and managing the "shot on OnePlus..." comps every month I feel always spurs people on to get out and show off their creativity in a safe and open environment.

I also want to call out @YRJ for taking so much time and effort into taking tech release news to another level. @YRJ always takes the news and turns it into a constructive and thoughtful conversation, rather than just posting a link for others to view. More of this should happen / be encouraged.

There are no doubt others I am missing, however for now this is who have sprung to mind instantly.

Actually, reading this thread reminds me of seeing the group photo from the mod Meetup. It reminds me of this because we forget the humans at the other end of the screen when we are on the forums or community app. All too often we just see a username and forget that there's actually a real person at the other end, dealing with real life issues and wandering through life as we all are.

Gee, that got a bit deep ey? Guess thats what happens at 11:51pm on a cold Saturday evening!

5. Y1567458238095
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2019

Attached Files:

6. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Sep 7, 2019

superplus , Sep 7, 2019 :
    ahem :rolleyes: is that some self-appreciation going on there again? ;-p

I appreciate that there are more colours than orange :cool: like my favourite one, blue, which is my favourite, because it's not orange :rolleyes:

7. Cheetosdust

Hah, I went back to see if I actually made a mistake with the quote being orange or not.:sweatsmile:

That would be disappointing as it would be my first mistake related to colors ever. I'm sure you know that feeling pretty well.:blush:

Also, if you are wondering: yes, I knew all my colors when I was a baby, very funny. "Gugudada, magenta," is something I would say before sleeping for another 15 hours.

And the color you mentioned is really close to my favorite one. Not blue, obviously. What am I? A common person? Oh please, degradês were invented for a reason! :D:p

8. kamal.kv
    Gingerbread Sep 7, 2019

kamal.kv , Sep 7, 2019 :
    It's an amazing journey and If I want to forget I can't because it all started with OnePlus one the true flagship killer beast when it launched in US but I am from India and decide I need this phone at any way. For me it all started with OnePlus community that my first glimpse to OnePlus at that time we have only few members in the community forum but rapidly growing strong. OnePlus came with crazy strategy like invite only phone, this way OnePlus had all the attention and fan followers. Now the point is how to get the invite, I was active in the forum for one and half days then one of the early member thread I followed to get the invite, this thread have some cool contest to get the invite. Fortunate I don't know I won the contest immediately after been in the thread for a while and won the invite and I want to thank the members who were part of that thread. Next starts the funny part, now I got the invite but I from India and looking for friends who returning to India then finally ordered OnePlus one before reach to me lot of funny things and hurdles came like in US before reach to my friend courier people messed up then after one month my friend came to India and finally beast in my hand. After seeing OnePlus one Sandstone in my hand I forgot all the frustration I felt before and it was an amazing moment, thanks OnePlus for such an amazing phone and very cool design. In this way journey started with OnePlus,

Continue to this story, someone theft my OnePlus one after two years, felt very bad then I bought OnePlus 3T and now have the same phone.

Been part of OnePlus 7 launch event in Bengaluru it's very good event and thanks to OnePlus team for such an amazing event and met few community members got cool tshirt and bullet headphones. Thought of buying OnePlus 7 pro but price seems little high for me and OnePlus 3T is still a good phone.

Now waiting for OnePlus TV, waiting eagerly to buy on launch day itself.

Finally as a true fan want to say... Never settle...

Thanks all community members, moderators and OnePlus team.

9. YRJ
    Lollipop Sep 7, 2019

YRJ , Sep 7, 2019 :
    Thank you so much @Discostu I'm flattered.
    I'm glad you like and appreciate my posts, which otherwise would induce blood in the eyes of the readers.
    This motivates me :)

Not deepy at all, but have a great Sunday! :D

10. isushilksharma
    Eclair Sep 8, 2019

isushilksharma , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Appreciating engineers at OnePlus .. for such a great work .. every winner has their own style

1567902773016.jpg

11. Rebel4you
    Eclair Sep 8, 2019

Rebel4you , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I would like to thank myself for choosing oneplus 7 over redmi k20 pro. I could see the difference between sky and earth now.
    My favourite colours are red and black. And i don’t think I have to explain the reason why its my favourite colour.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019

Wonderwoman13 and Starcommander like this.
  12. B1510131210823
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

Starcommander likes this.
  13. swaraj_c.r.
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2019

Wonderwoman13 and Starcommander like this.
  14. manojgupta1992
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2019

manojgupta1992 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I wanna thank Tony Stark for sacrificing himself to save half of universe. Unfortunately, my girlfriend is now 5 years older than me, married & has a kid. :/

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019

15. I1566618667639
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

16. Priyanshu Sharma
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2019

17. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 8, 2019

camohan , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Probably he is appreciating the camera or the flower :D

18. MskSrini
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2019

MskSrini , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Just Just remove the earphone from the phone or just tap on the earphone symbol during the call to get the speaker mode.

19. B.I.T.S.
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I have been around this community for a short time but I'm already thankful for it! I appreciate all the hard work everyone does for making it work. I don't know many of you yet, but I want to mention some of the members that I've gotten to appreciate during this short period.

Notice: the order of this list isn't relevant.

I want to start mentioning @David Y. and @dsmonteiro for the photography weekly and monthly threads. Not only for creating them (that's already incredible) but also for having the patience seeing day after day people not following the rules, posting random non-related images... I believe @script is involved in this threads too and probably others that I don't know yet about have their role in this, I'm sorry for not mentioning you but I appreciate all you do. If I am annoyed by random posts and people not following the rules I can't imagine you!

My next mention goes to @Impersonal, especially for the thread "Everything OnePlus". Amazing idea with incredible creations in that post!! And she uses one of my participations as wallpaper so of course, I had to mention her, that made my day and still cheers me up remembering about it. About this thread, I can't forget to mention @Starcommander, he's working so hard and with such a passion for that backpack... I hope you get it, as I told you already you deserve it.

This lead us to the CUBE. @Trista W. thank you! (Probably others involved here too...). There are some interesting threads in there, and I have to mention @TibiTibi and @YRJ. I'll be around there soon, I've been gathering some ideas to contribute!

And last but not least... Wormhole and the wormies. Such a cozy place, since first second you all made me feel at home! @G_plusone, @Dresa91, @SJBoss, @Punk_69 @luxuskamel and of course @Wonderwoman13, thank you for teaching me Hindi. I feel that I'm missing someone... Oh right, my favorite cheesy, orangy, delicious dust @Cheetosdust!!

And I want to make a special mention to @superplus, thinking that Portugal is Spain made me laugh a lot!

P.S. I hope I haven't missed anyone... If so, please forgive me, I still love you!

20. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 8, 2019

Starcommander , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Aww thank you so much. I am flattered:):) 

Wonderwoman13 and B.I.T.S. like this.