Weekend Fun Time - The Appreciation Thread

1. Wonderwoman13
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Ooops....
    I forgot to add my favorite color on my previous post....

My favorite color is blackkkk! Aha yes!

And black is not always symbolized as a depressive and bad color...
    Black is such a beauty only few will know:)
    Black is sexaaayy, come on:cool:

I also like red, pink and grey after black:D

2. Ake Winther
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2019

3. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Sep 8, 2019

Cheetosdust , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Hehe, you really are "nuestros hermanos" :D

We have something called "croquetes". Yes, really! Croquetes and croquetas! Maybe superplus was right and we truly are one country, hah :p

That's awesome, I don't know that much about photography, but here's the name of one of the most celebrated Portuguese photographers for you (real photographer, not "actual common super hyper mega fancy cool saturated instagramers".
    • Paulo Nozolino
    Check him out when you have the time ;)

I'm not a fisherman, but I assume it's useful when you are navigating through a pitch-black ocean. :p

Thank you so much for your kind words! :cool:

I was not kidding, you, @Starcommander, @Impersonal, @B.I.T.S., etc, are great new additions to this big, beautiful family. The community has a lot of threads/posts with technical problems/questions, and you guys manage to balance things out around here.

I honestly appreciate everyone that's willing to be here as part of a community, giving shape to what should be a place where everyone feels welcomed and where we can have threads about the latest version of OxygenOS, but we can also have a thread like this one, the lowercase WFT or the Wormhole.

I just want to write that I see you out there and that I appreciate you all. And yes, I do believe in you - I believe in your power of being awesome! :D

4. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Sep 8, 2019

G_plusone , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Glad you feel that way :)

5. Starcommander
    KitKat Sep 8, 2019

Starcommander , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Thank you @Cheetosdust for your kind words

6. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    How did you know my weakness for high contrast grainy black and white photography?! :eek::eek::eek:
    Thank you, I love Paulo.

7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Sep 8, 2019

camohan , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Thanks for the tag and yeah my favourite color is black too...

8. Wonderwoman13
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Thankyouuu cheetos!:D:D

Yayayay! Glad to hear!:) 'black' squad members:cool:
    *Highfive* :D

9. Cheetosdust

How did I know that? Because the other day a friend of mine realized that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, that we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves.

You see, I didn't write that, Bill Hicks did. However, you mentioned that someone can steal the actual result after the process of creation. Me using that quote here is actually validating Hicks' process of creation, not destroying it like a wooden toy. ;)

10. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    You actually read all I wrote in that thread... :oops:
    I didn't say that you can steal others creations tho, you just mixed my words but I'll let you just for being you :p

Anyway, not a convincing answer to my question... :rolleyes:

keithnyc and Cheetosdust like this.
  11. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Sep 8, 2019

keithnyc , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Wow @camohan .... What a super nice post. It really got me thinking. While I am so thankful for all my friends and good fortune that I have in my life (including such a wonderful family with OnePlus....), I am really grateful for one really special friendship I acquired over the past few years (again, through a OnePlus event, the SF Open Ears...).
    At that event, I was introduced to @wissou . ....a dude half my age, but double my zest for life. A friendship quickly developed as he welcomed me into his circle of friends and family (along with his stunningly beautiful and equally charming wife....). We shared a lot of life events since then (btw, thanks again for picking me up from the hospital after my shoulder surgery.....), including birthday parties etc., and he has always been there to help me out with something or to do me a favor when other folks seem just too busy.
    Wissam is always telling me to enjoy each and every day to its fullest, saying that some folks are so busy worrying about the future, that they forget to live for today.
    So Wissam, buddy, I AM going to take those three months off from work and travel the world (while I still have a working shoulder ;)). But I need another favor... You and the Mrs. need to watch the Andster while I'm gone.

jlasensiofi, KeBlam, Ruby G. and 9 others like this.
  12. Cheetosdust

You sound so surprised :p

Of course I did, I told you I really appreciate it too ;)

I can't? Oh damn :(

I was about to show you the work I did on the ceiling of a chapel in Vatican City a few years ago. People seem to like what I did with my man Adam :rolleyes:

Are you feeling discombobulated? Someone told me once it was a great state ;)

(I was just sharing a famous Portuguese photographer, you liking his style was just a great bonus :))

13. Gabe_M
    Donut Sep 8, 2019

Gabe_M , Sep 8, 2019 :
    What a great idea for a thread [e]1f44d[/e] I totally agree with the OP. We need to do this more often for sure in all aspects of our life. Show appreciation to someone.

I say THANK YOU to OnePlus and it's entire team. I love this company and what it stands for! I was a lifelong Sammy user, but now I'm a happy and satisfied 7Pro owner!

Cheers to you all [e]1f44d[/e]

14. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2019

Impersonal , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Well as clichee as it sounds I really appreciate the whole of OnePlus Community, and a community is nothing more than the sum of it's users, and in this Community there are some AWESOME users ! This was the main ideea, on why I pitched the community edition everything one plus contest (that is going on until the 26'th of September) : https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/community-edition-contest-everything-oneplus.1095754/
    Speaking of which, to "put my money where my words are", this is the original header (thanks to @jincebaby we have a way more cooler one)
    1110204-8e7735481ef0fa4de13a6a280a21af6c.png
    I didn't do the header, although just by flowing @FlixbusLennart thread anyone could make a great header : https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/create-a-header-image-in-5-minutes-or-less.1089980/
    so yeah even though the header was done by a professional (my guess is @dsmonteiro, but whomever it was, Thank You! aggain).. I did the drawing you see on the left of it, I was saving the interpretation for a future post on the thread itself, but now that this WFT @camohan edition exists, it's even better fitting, the crude drawing is handmade in (my 6y old nice's ) colored pencils, on some sandwich paper wrap I had laying around (recicling is the way to go!), and I tried to "artistically" experss what I feel about this community, it's a island, our island, a pink fun island, symbolising, our own marvelous, magical (hence the mermaid) place in a very dark ocean that is the internet, OP jurney started here, and it will forever circle this island (the Community) , because it is the island where it keeps all its/our treasures (you guys) the OP logo shaped cubes, its for the new CUBE platform, a platform that OnePlus developed, just to better showcase some awesome threads/users/ideeas both a trophy room and a place to further develop the potential of the Community, the stones read NeverSettle, the mantra that unites us all, it is where usually is spelled HELP because, being helpful and kind is the basic value every user here already has, and the peace white dove with a OP logo is there to emphasize that this is peace loving Community, were people of all beliefs, creeds, skin colour, nationality, gender etc, have comed together to make something truly unique, amazing, inspiring, as I already said a bunch a place that no other OEM has or will ever have.
    This are obviously just my sincere oppinions, some users here (even some mods) view this as just "a phone forum", yet, millions of users show them diferent everyday!
    Obviously I myself have been mean and recalcitrant sometimes, others have been to me, but those moments were nothing more than exceptions, blimps, specks, (misguided, brotherly love if you will). Everyday this place has something great to offer to whomever enters here, this (thread) is a prime example of that, I thank you all that thought of me, when commenting here, I felt humbled, I also like what each of you (and many, many more users and staff and founders) and all that you/they/us do here, making this place a Community...

Ps: I also appreciate this picture, it has everything, is cool, genuine, wierd and most of all intriguing, this picture here is the reason I've ended up here, (obviously I have known about OP and whatnot, ever since the CyanogenMod days (yes I'm old by internet standards, I'm in my earlish 30's), when I thought to myself, wow, this is great, I wish a phone would come out of the box with it), but this picture got me interested in the Community :
    C2D38LVVQAA1C9c.jpg
    And yes in honorary to one of the greatest moments here "CARL IS MY BEEBAE"

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019

15. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Sep 8, 2019

FlixbusLennart , Sep 8, 2019 :
    The Carl image is so beautiful

16. Impersonal

17. jincebaby
    Froyo Sep 8, 2019

Starcommander and Impersonal like this.
  18. Impersonal

19. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Show meeeeeeeee. Please? :rolleyes:

Discombobulation is a great state, oh yes.
    It makes you feel lost and weird, yeah yeah,
    but after it'll push you to investigate, alright!

Read the previous three sentences singing. Is much better. No, I'm not crazy.
    Alright... Maybe I am a little bit.

Cheetosdust and Starcommander like this.
  20. Impersonal

Impersonal , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Which reminds me, my favorite colour is purple/lavander but since I'm no pimp or the Pope, I usually don't get to enjoy it that often :(
    I've got this genuine vintage 80's Adidas shell/windbreaker that I use when sometimes I go for a run, my most cherished possession!
    IMG_20190908_185013.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019