Weekend Fun Time - The Appreciation Thread

1. SJBoss
    Lollipop Sep 8, 2019

2. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2019

DavideG., Wonderwoman13 and SJBoss like this.
  3. BhavyaMehta0786

BhavyaMehta0786 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I simply won't name or tag anyone as that would mean naming(or tagging) about 2348991, aah no 2348992, oh no 234899.... I give up, all the members on the community. And here is quote as I am not quite good with words,
    "I'm not saying I need fans, but it would be nice if someone noticed what I have been doing" - Saitama (One-Punch Man)
    We did notice, and this is my message to the unsung heroes of the community. Cheers.

4. BhavyaMehta0786

BhavyaMehta0786 , Sep 8, 2019 :
    that looks pretty sleek...

Impersonal likes this.
  5. Impersonal

Impersonal , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Retro ;)
    Hey @BhavyaMehta0786 any good movies for a Sunday evening, I would appreciate (since it's the appreciation thread;) ), some suggestions!

BhavyaMehta0786 likes this.
  6. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Sep 8, 2019

Cheetosdust , Sep 8, 2019 :
    [​IMG]

That took me a whole weekend to paint. I have the worst assistants! :p

I also painted Jennifer. Beautiful smile. Still don't know why people insist on calling her Mona Lisa. :D

I can see that being the lyrics to a Tool song. ;)

You certainly are not crazy, you just love words and dinosaurs who eat them. :p

Those are actually my two favorite colors, lavender being my first choice as it is represented there. :cool:

And no, I'm not just saying this because you mentioned it, I wrote it a few times before ;)

7. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Oh wow :eek: you're such an artist. I think I've seen that Jennifer around. People know nothing. At all.

Any photographies in your list of artistic creations? Or you're more like a dedicated painter.

8. TibiTibi
    Nougat Sep 8, 2019

TibiTibi , Sep 8, 2019 :
    These are good references :cool:

I need to paint two rooms and one portrait. Are you available next month?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019

9. Cheetosdust

Fun fact about Jennifer: she's smiling like that because one second before I asked her "want a bolinho de bacalhau, Jen?" ;)

Of course I also take photos, who do you think I am? A man with eight fingers? Check these out from my portfolio:

[​IMG]

With this next one I mixed some photo and painting skills (don't mind that name there :p):

[​IMG]

And this one, a cineposter:
    [​IMG]

(Thank you for the recommendation, I was just checking his work. Didn't know him, but I absolutely love what I shared above)

Sure, no problem, I can do that. :cool:

However, I have a thing with angels and people touching their index fingers. If you are ok with those, I can paint some mad walls. :p

10. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    No one can resist bolinhos de bacalhau... Same as with croquetas. Why do we say cheese (or patata in Spain) for smile in a photo? Those two options are muuuuuch better.

The first one you shared isn't Klein's! Is from Daido Moriyama. Ah the Japanese photographers... Should I make a thread in the cube just for non Instagram photographers? Or no one would be interested beyond us and it'd be like a duologue...

11. TibiTibi
    Nougat Sep 8, 2019

TibiTibi , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I see no problem with any idea. It would be better than now. I'm sure.

[​IMG]

12. Cheetosdust

In Portugal we say "Olha o Passarinho". That translates to "Look at the Little Bird". Nope, not a joke :p

I think it's a great idea. Just browse the Photography thread first and see if there's some similar thread to that. I'm sure @script can help you. I don't understand a thing about photography and I can't draw a straight line to save my life, but I do love to learn. :cool:

Yes, I didn't paint the Sistine Chapel or the Mona Lisa and no, I'm not a world famous photographer.:oops:

I was too busy designing La Pedrera. Those curves were tricky! Still working on Sagrada Familia tho. Again: I have the worst assistants! :p

That actually looks really cool. Please tell me that's called "The Egg"! :D

13. TibiTibi
    Nougat Sep 8, 2019

Starcommander and B.I.T.S. like this.
  14. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    I love that!! Much better than our stupid word. Maybe cause I love birds...

You can learn so much just by looking at Photographers works... Yes with capital letter. You know what I mean. :p

I've seen that thread already, but as I mentioned this would be non Instagram photographers, and that one is only for Instagram and "perfect" instagramers mostly for what I've seen.

Starcommander and TibiTibi like this.
  15. TibiTibi
    Nougat Sep 8, 2019

TibiTibi , Sep 8, 2019 :
    It was called "The birds are flying to the south".

16. TibiTibi
    Nougat Sep 8, 2019

TibiTibi , Sep 8, 2019 :
    :rolleyes: i've missed that.

17. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Hahaha nowadays is like you're no one if you're not on Instagram and have at least 50k followers... Sigh.

So yeah my aim with that thread would be sharing "real" photographers that are recognised world wide and are the ones that are in books, exhibitions, magnum... The ones that you have to study when you study photography in art school or photography schools.

Although... It would be a nice discussion analyzing the actual photography situation. Oh well I have too many ideas photography related :rolleyes:

TibiTibi and Starcommander like this.
  18. Impersonal

Them books are the most expensive items that you can find in a bookstore, they have exaggerated pricing, I mean they would make some awesome, coffee table materials, but just one is relatively priced as 20 usual books...

TibiTibi, Starcommander and B.I.T.S. like this.
  19. B.I.T.S.
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Sep 8, 2019 :
    Wow really?? Maybe is your country? Here in Spain they have fair prices. Well at least don't cost 20 times more than novels... You can find really good photography books for 15-50€ depending on author and size of the book. Well that's the range of prizes of the books I own.

20. Impersonal

Yeah that seems preaty fair, here they're all around 150-200 €, same goes for famous painters works that come in book format, as for books coincidentally I bought a special edition of Don Quixote (to gift someone) done under the direct implication and tutelage of the Royal Academy of Spain, it has a great traduction + adaptation + great drawings+ a professional commentary for only 14€, a non-special book edition goes for anything between 5-10, but usually you get awesome deals like 1+1 or pay 2 and get 3...
    978-973-50-5350-5.jpg

TibiTibi, Starcommander and B.I.T.S. like this.