Weekly 242: Android P, Milestone Achievement in India and More.

1. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Aug 3, 2018

David Y., Aug 3, 2018 :
    WU 242.jpeg

Hi folks,

Every week that's been in our life has been there for a reason. For our community this week, we've been sharing some exciting news one after another. It's always a pleasure to do a roundup in case some of our friends here missed some.

Android P for OnePlus 3/3T

Aiming to offer more exciting features and improvements for our OnePlus 3 and 3T users, @Gary C. from our software team officially announced that the Android P update will be available on the OnePlus 6, OnePlus 5/T and OnePlus 3/3T in the coming months [HERE]. I would like to give a shout-out to our software team for their hard work, prompt response and open communication toward our community's feedback.

Achievement Unlocked

We learned on Tuesday that we won the title of India's top premium smartphone brand. @Pete shared his thoughts about this incredible journey and the road ahead in his thank you letter [HERE]. To some degree, running a company is like playing a challenging game. We explore, play hard, unlock achievements, and continue playing hard to unlock the next achievement. The greatest difference is we have your trust and amazing support along the way. We are so grateful for this.

Community Fun Continues

We have really been enjoying all of your responses to the final round of Let's Talk. There are so many good posts we want to highlight. Here's one we found from a familiar face:

Thank you to everyone who has shared their ideas and experiences with us so far. Your posts help us all feel more energetic and motivated for our daily life. This is the last weekend before the contest ends, so don't forget to write your post responses and vote for your favorite entries.

To shutterbug, there's a new ShotonOnePlus thread created by @script cooked up for you [HERE]. Also, our accessory product team is asking for a desk picture taken by you, don't forget to check it out [HERE] too.

Last but Not Least

As planned, a new Open Beta build for OnePlus 5/5T has been released yesterday, which has a new feedback tool integrated into our community app, and some other system optimizations [HERE]. Plus, we have noticed feedback from some users regarding the adaptive brightness feature on the OnePlus 6, it will be optimized in the next OTA update. (to be released very soon!)

We also got a great news from @Tom B. on this Wednesday. For local languages (German, Italian, Spanish & French), we are extending the E-mail and chat support hours by 3 hours i.e 8 AM - 8 PM Monday-Friday (8AM-5PM SAT) starting this month. Definitely need to give our community a heads-up for this. ;)

Alright, that pretty much for this week. Thanks for reading. Personally, I heard some sad news from some of our community members this week, hope everything goes well with them. Wish everyone have a nice weekend and another wonderful week ahead.

Cheers,

2. pablofg1978 Spanish POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 3, 2018

3. dsmonteiro Starting Point Manager Community Expert Aug 3, 2018

dsmonteiro, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Are you sure you shouldn't be at the beach rather than writing this?

Here is a lovely day to sunbathe and do nothing.

4. Dresa91 Oreo Aug 3, 2018

5. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Aug 3, 2018

David Y., Aug 3, 2018 :
    Good for you David! Nothing to complain about after I bought a washing machine this week (YES!). Lovely raining days here...

mage115, RonaldM, Venky61 and 11 others like this.
  6. Dresa91 Oreo Aug 3, 2018

Dresa91, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Then we know what you're gonna do this weekend :D :p

7. izzykasha KitKat Aug 3, 2018

izzykasha, Aug 3, 2018 :
    quick wash and a beer?

8. izzykasha KitKat Aug 3, 2018

9. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 3, 2018

youbi, Aug 3, 2018 :
    This is indeed a great achievement by Oneplus and something many didn't saw it coming this early. Who knows if this sets a trend soon to be seen in the others markets. :D

Sometimes a newcomer can actually teach some lessons to the old ones. :p

Life isn't always easy with us, but life keeps moving and we always need to try and find new strengths to push things further.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Here it really shows promising with temperatures above 40ºC... :confounded::sweatsmile:

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018

10. sai.ch Honeycomb Aug 3, 2018

11. youbi Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Aug 3, 2018

youbi, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Pics or didn't happen. :p

BTW, I wish I could do the same right now. :sob:

12. script Lollipop Moderator Aug 3, 2018

script, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Thx David, nice recap, as usual. Many of us are following the forum, and certain members. It's just a nice place here, much more than a phone talk.

Cheers, Rüdi

13. camohan Lollipop Moderator Aug 3, 2018

camohan, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Nice one!!! Next achievement to unlock is @David Y. visiting India. We will be happy to know if you will bless us with your visit to India. Cheers!!!!

David Y., Vladut123, script and 3 others like this.
  14. Hatyna Cupcake Aug 3, 2018

15. BitterHoney Honeycomb Aug 3, 2018

16. Punk_69 Lollipop Aug 3, 2018

Punk_69, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Whoa thanks for the update @David Y. !!!!
    @NeVeR_SeTTLe your story is amazing !!!

I'm super excited for everything basically, and for Android P ? I'm super duper excited !!!
    cheers
    Never Settle

17. NeVeR_SeTTLe The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Aug 3, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe, Aug 3, 2018 :
    Thanks David for the weekly update and for the mention. :)
    Android P for the OnePlus 3/3T is big news! If I may ask, what made OnePlus re-think on providing OnePlus 3/3T users Android P?
    Congrats OnePlus for winning the title India's Top Premium Smartphone brand!! A most deserving award!! :)
    Have a great weekend everybody and enjoy the weather while it lasts!! :D

Venky61, Predict23, ElfStone and 3 others like this.
  18. PushpakRoy Honeycomb Aug 3, 2018

PushpakRoy, Aug 3, 2018 :
    That's great! Keep up the good work!

Btw, Any info on ETAs for these 3 (or 5) phones?

Also, is the Open Beta for OP 3/3T going to recommence?

And, of course, Thanks for the update!

Vladut123 likes this.
  19. bertbosi Froyo Aug 3, 2018

20. hennes KitKat Aug 3, 2018

hennes, Aug 3, 2018 :
    @David Y.

Just a quick look at the Community App,
    since you also switched from Google Cloud Messaging (GCM) to Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM), I would like to point out to you, that there is a tracker in FCM, which you certainly do not evaluate. It is currently the case that this tracker is overlooked by many developers.
    If you don't need this tracker it would be nice if you could enter the following line in the Android manifest to deactivate it:

<meta-data android:name="firebase_analytics_collection_deactivated" android:value="true" />

Thanks

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018

otto2, Vladut123 and idkwhoiam322 like this.