Weekly Update 200: We Celebrate 200, Go for Oreo, and Jump into the Wormhole

1. Andrei R.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 13, 2017

Andrei R. , Oct 13, 2017 :
    Yea, because open beta is on op3/t

2. meatandy
    Oreo Oct 14, 2017

meatandy , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Now that you happened to feature and bring attention to the Woho , I'll need to be on my best behavior moving forward.:p:rolleyes:

One question @Chris dB , since @Carl 's announcement today about OOS analytics and the privacy practices of Oneplus' past , present and future , Will the development of the setup wizard delay the release of Oreo ? Additionally how will this affect OP's past devices of ALL models?

Thanks for all your efforts writing these weekly updates.

My OP story , hung out in the forums , waited for an invite and snapped up my first opo during the first
    'open sale' and shortly thereafter I also received an invite to purchase another opo for my wife.
    I baulked at buying the op2 but was immediately drawn in by the opX for one of my daughters .
    Currently I'm still pounding on my op3 which is still going strong and still hanging out in the forums..

Last edited: Oct 15, 2017

script, varma246 and BeingIncog like this.
  3. lostLambda
    Lollipop Oct 14, 2017

4. Cassoli_2017
    Donut Oct 14, 2017

5. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 14, 2017

youbi , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Congrats @Chris dB, 200 weeks, damn, your baby is getting old. :eek: :p I know you weren't the "father", but you surely adopt it as your own and have cherish it and help it grow since then. ;) Congrats also for listening to what users talked about and for trying to make the weekly updates about Oneplus, but even more about the community and for the community. :)

They usually say that there's no love like the first one, so after a quick search (definitely worth doing by many :p) I found my first weekly update after I joined the forum.

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/week-21-smash-the-past-production-plans-2.10119/

That was it, and I have to be honest, reading that it kind of makes you feel nostalgic about it, so many things have happened in these weekly updates, but seeing that one again it reminded how it was a new world and how Oneplus was setting a new and amazing path. Those were the days when the first hands on of the device were being shared, and we got drooling about the upcoming phone after seeing videos like this.

:hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes::hearteyes:

I have to be honest, that phone even by today's standards still looks damn sexy, if you guys gave it a fingerprint sensor and a recent SOC and camera, it would surely sell great. :p You could call it Oneplus One T. :p

My journey started in April of 2014, when I saw some news about a new company that wanted to show the rest of the android world how phones should be made, and how you didn't needed to pay a fortune to get a premium device.

I was an Apple user, had an ipad and an Iphone 5C, but my girlfriend (now wife :p) was using an old touch dumb samsung phone, so I wanted to offer her the new opo for their birthday. Those were crazy days, we were thousands of users looking for an invite to buy one, and there were none to be seem yet.

So we started to make all sort of crazy stuff to get an invite, and doing also lists for sharing the invites among people that you had just met online but that started growing as friends as time passed by. And in the end what happened with me probably also happened with many, I enter this forum because of a phone, but end up staying because of the community.

It was a new world and most of us were proud of being part of it and even more of being one of those "early supporters". I still remember all the talk this thread by @David S. caused about who was and who wasn't an early supporter, and how we could get the invite faster.

I was only able to get the phone later in July, and had to use the account of other user to be able to buy it (my account invite only came a week later), that so called storm of invites did take its time to arrive. :p But the truth is that the waiting time was actually fun, and a great opportunity to make new friends from all around the world.

The unboxing of the opo was a magical thing, and I must say that is still in the top of my tech list. :p It may have been because it was so hard to get one, but the truth is that everything was done perfectly, and even the characteristic smell of the sandstone made it better. My girlfriend also loved the phone, and after a couple of days I had my iphone (that costed twice the price) on sale so that I could also buy one new opo also for me. :sweatsmile: Those few days made me see that I would get much more for much less, and that the exchange was definitely worth it. I was selling my iphone online and when i had the deal almost done, my wife said that it wasn't worth selling it and that she would exchange the iphone for her opo because the truth is despite loving the phone, she found it a bit too big for her hands, and so we did it. :sweatsmile:

Funny enough two years later I saw the exact user that was looking to buy my iphone back then, here in the forums talking about the op3 that he just had bought. :eek: I guess more people saw "the light", but just took them longer. :p :D

And that's about it :p, and more than 3 years have passed and I must say that despite the occasional bumps (that should always be used to learn and make sure it doesn't happens again... ;) ), I'm still here and happy for also being able to help others while being a mod. I know that this place has changed very much since those days, when you basically only had here those geeks that really knew about tech stuff, and that now the brand has become much more mainstream and you get all sort of users (with all sort of crazy and nonsense issues :expressionless:), but it's still a fun place, and with the help of everyone maybe these "noobs" of today can become the geeks of tomorrow. :p :D

Sorry for the Tldr, thingy. :sweatsmile: I got a bit carried away, but since it's the "200", I guess some rambling from a Portuguese user trying to speak in english could be allowed. :sweatsmile:

6. Sehej Jain
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 14, 2017

Sehej Jain , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Yeah. So what's the problem.

You do know that the beta program is currently for the OnePlus 3/3T. You'll get the beta program when OnePlus 3 will get OREO. Why do you OP5 users think that since you have op5, you'll get everything. You'll get the taste of oreo by the November. You'll get the stable update along with the OnePlus 3.

MaxxAudio and OnePlus no longer have a partnership. You can try the audio tuner given in settings-sound. It is not as good as MaxxAudio but still good enough though it modifies only aux output.

Malg220 likes this.
  7. SnapDragon01

8. NikeshNksh
    Eclair Oct 14, 2017

NikeshNksh , Oct 14, 2017 :
    As if u r the distributer.

9. gnu101
    Honeycomb Oct 14, 2017

10. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Oct 14, 2017

Ceasedd , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Second that! Best thread ever.:)

keithnyc and SoniaB like this.
  11. script
    Nougat Moderator Oct 14, 2017

script , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Very nice story & read, reminds me on my own story, which is similar in many aspects.

When I was a young boy...... no, I won't write it down.

I fully agree: the forum is still a fun place, and it helps. when you know the good places.

otto2 and youbi like this.
  12. Mr. BG
    Marshmallow Oct 14, 2017

Mr. BG , Oct 14, 2017 :
    No pie for you...

otto2 likes this.
  13. MasterSwami

MasterSwami , Oct 14, 2017 :
    You forgot to mention about privacy breach? Why did you steal private data?

Anhow, great to see weekly update 200.

14. subhankar_dey
    Froyo Oct 14, 2017

subhankar_dey , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Well, Weekly Update 200 is my favorite weekly update. Got to learn a lot about how the Weekly update started. And thanks for giving us the opportunity to share about out journey with OnePlus. For starters, I am an OnePlus customer since August of 2017. Ever since OnePlus One was launched, I always wanted to buy an OnePlus device and was really amazed to see the relationship between the OnePlus and their Community. I always wanted to buy a great flagship phone that has a great price to performance ratio. Back then I didn't have the money to purchase an OnePlus phone. A year back I started my own YouTube channel and when OnePlus 5 was launched, I bought my first flagship phone i.e OnePlus 5 with my own hard earned money. My wish of buying an OnePlus phone has been fulfilled. And I am loving it!

15. G_Abid_Farhan_SRYO
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2017

16. berri10010
    Eclair Oct 14, 2017

berri10010 , Oct 14, 2017 :
    I might be new to the updates and the company but it's been great so far as me choosing to get the OnePlus 3T as my first phone to getting the OnePlus 5 to getting a replacement of my dash charger yesterday.This is my favorite update so far because it's the 200th update and has some of the best updates yet.

17. Marc Setó
    Froyo Oct 14, 2017

Marc Setó , Oct 14, 2017 :
    My favourite Weekly Update is the #200. You announced the Android Oreo for OP3-3T!
    In 2014, my brother brought the OnePlus One. At that time, the only companies I knew were Samsung and Apple. 1 year later, in summer, I told my brother to buy another phone, and he said that I had to buy OnePlus because was better than Samsung and Apple. From here, I began to love OnePlus. About 1 month later you released the OnePlus 2. I reached the top 1[e]1f51d[/e] to get an invite, I registered with my email and with the email of whole family. In October, I opened my email, and I saw that there was an invite to buy the OnePlus 2, and I did it. In june 2016 my brother decided to buy the OnePlus 3. In September, my mother wanted to change her iPhone, so I proposed that she buy me the OnePlus 3 and she could keep my OnePlus 2. She accepted. Luckily, also in September, I won your quiz for a OnePlus 3 case. In October, two friends asked me to recommend a mobile phone (because since I saw OP2 I started to love the mobile world). For her, I recommended the OnePlus X (because she didn't want to spend a lot of money) and to my friend, I recommended the OnePlus 3T that came out in November. So, until now, that's all my whole OnePlus family. And I'm sure that my next mobile will be the OnePlus 5 or the OnePlus 6 or the OnePlus 7. Thanks for all! (Sorry for the errors[e]1f604[/e])

#NeverSettle #Una[e]1f436[/e] [e]2764[/e]️[e]2764[/e]️

1507987138980.jpg

18. Roel.Stortelder
    Donut Oct 14, 2017

Roel.Stortelder , Oct 14, 2017 :
    I didn't even know the Weekly Update was a thing, but now I know I will probably come back weekly for updates ;).

My journey with OP started right at the release of the OP5 and the timing couldn't have been better. I was about to move from The Netherlands to China for my work and was looking for an high-end dual sim phone that would work in both areas. I'd been checking out the brand OP for years, but couldn't part my trusty Sony phone until I checked (live) the announcement presentation of the OP5. Brilliant how you guys create such outstanding phones, but still manage to have room for a bit of humor (the dog, the typical snapshots of food, the audiojack troll, etc).
    The phone itself has been a blast ever since. I like the design and features, but honestly the one thing I enjoy the most is the wood case. I have owned dozens of cases for dozens of different phones and brands, but non of them so far have matched the brilliant look and feel of the ebony protective case. Well done OP!

19. onegreatsmile
    Froyo Oct 14, 2017

onegreatsmile , Oct 14, 2017 :
    My favorite update was the very first one because I love watching things grow up. My little baby is 200! My journey with one plus started when I read about it on the blog and I was obsessed with getting my hands with one immediately. It took me a long time to get an invite but once I did I jumped with joy screeched with Glee and gladly plunked down the cash to bring one home. Even though I still only have the OnePlus One, I love it and I will continue to use it until it dies a slow painful death. It's already survived jumping off a bridge. Well, hitting the floor anyway LOL ....it has a new screen. Now if I can just get up the guts to flash it and install oxygen instead of being stuck with you-know-who. I'd be a really happy camper.

20. AudriusSad
    Froyo Oct 14, 2017

AudriusSad , Oct 14, 2017 :
    My one OnePlus journey started when I bought OnePlus 5. Best phone I ever had period. No regrets on the purchase. And congrats all the OnePlus team on this remarkable achievement.