Weekly Update 200: We Celebrate 200, Go for Oreo, and Jump into the Wormhole

1. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Oct 14, 2017

jlasensiofi , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Woooooooow, 200 updates, congratulations and thanks @Chris dB ;):)

I bring you along in each and every one of them, one after another have been fantastic, full of good news, keeping the interest of the Community and the Community of OnePlus.

Always taking into account the opinions of the customers, the feedback that we provide is what has made OnePlus become as important as it is today.

Proof of this are the unmatched mobiles, accessories, fabulous software from Oxygen, Beta programs and the worldwide recognition of OnePlus as a prestigious brand, as evidenced by the awards you have won or the last intervention of @Carl in the important forum Forbes 30.

There are things to improve, that we all know, but the level of interaction you have with your customers is unique and linked to all of the above allows me to ensure that here I will be within another 200 updates, as little.

Congratulations to the entire OnePlus team.

Never Settle

2. vinayreddyking
    Eclair Oct 14, 2017

3. lazejanev
    Eclair Oct 14, 2017

4. susomander
    Eclair Oct 14, 2017

susomander , Oct 14, 2017 :
    I must say that my favorite update was the puppy week update! You can never have to may puppies.

5. Eduardo_Medina
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2017

Eduardo_Medina , Oct 14, 2017 :
    This is probably my favorite update since I've only been in the community for a few months and I love all the support one is able to get in the forums. Loving my OnePlus 5, can't wait to get my hands on Oreo :D

6. The_Rock90
    Jelly Bean Oct 14, 2017

7. camfmacdonald
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2017

camfmacdonald , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Been loving every update - the jovial tone is really appreciated. Would love a bundle!!

8. G_Shanil_Samarakoon_qQBt
    Eclair Oct 14, 2017

G_Shanil_Samarakoon_qQBt , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Congratulations.

On the point regarding transparency, it would be great if One Plus was more transparency regarding supply chain practices (labour and environmental standards). It is something that I have tweeted One Plus about but have never been directed to any material.

I can definitely vouch for the product being great, it would be good to know more about what goes into it being made. Moreover, that it is being done in a social and ecologically responsible manner.

9. jmo742
    Ice Cream Sandwich Oct 15, 2017

jmo742 , Oct 15, 2017 :
    And yet you took the time out of your day to log into their community app and post. Shut your dumb a** up, troll. If you really think OnePlus is the only company that has done this, I have some ocean front property in Idaho I wanna sell you. Hey, I got a bridge in Brooklyn I wanna sell you.

FOH

10. aris
    Jelly Bean Oct 15, 2017

11. Miratek
    Honeycomb Oct 15, 2017

Miratek , Oct 15, 2017 :
    The weekly update #200 is definitely my favourite update and also a historical one! I read a lot of weekly updates but I can't remember a lot :D

I'm proud of you that you brought Android Oreo so fast to the OnePlus devices!

I'm an OnePlus 2 user (of nearly first day) and I still love my device and OxygenOS. I also have the OnePlus Icon which are awesome. So good sound in so small headphones.

I really think that OnePlus can go on expanding and growing in the future. Their strategy is so good. Design wise I love all what you do and the whole corporate design (from the OnePlus Logo over the corporate design color choice to the design of your devices) and I was fascinated from day one I heart of OnePlus - and I still am!

Go on doing awesome stuff! #NeverSettle

12. Eduard953
    Gingerbread Oct 15, 2017

Eduard953 , Oct 15, 2017 :
    I started reading you updates since week 96 and I'm still loving it. It is actually the only article I'm reading. I love the writing style and the creative twists to some of them. My favorite one is truly the last Halloween edition. Still sad I didn't won that contest, but I tried my best. I'd actually like to see a contest or giveaway where the price would be to write an own weekly update or something like that. See you all next week.

13. JohnRiches
    Cupcake Oct 15, 2017

JohnRiches , Oct 15, 2017 :
    I liked Weekly Update 159, when you GIF'd out at the end of the year. I also flashed the Nougat update to my OnePlus 3 that evening.

I drooled over the OnePlus One when it was announced. Not long after, I was able to get one. I had it for a while, before getting a OnePlus 3. I was going to sell my old OnePlus One, but my wife wanted it! So, we have two in the family. Looking forward to my next OnePlus device.

14. Billybadbird
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2017

Billybadbird , Oct 16, 2017 :
    196 is by far my favorite weekly because I've learned more about the unlocked one plus and the secret tools- I follow all the journeys wishing I was the traveler all the bloggers are and hoping that I learn to take as good of the pictures they take on their journeys abroad

15. Johannes00
    Eclair Oct 16, 2017

Johannes00 , Oct 16, 2017 :
    I was really excited when the whole blog started. I was a really big fan of OnePlus and was proud to be one of the first to got their hands on the OPO. I really liked the philosophy behind OnePlus to make a phone which adapts to the community. And so I always liked the transparency OnePlus gave us by starting to write weekly updates. It is just a company you can identify yourself with. So because I was so hyped at the beginning I would say it is one of the first weekly updates I like most. But I also like how they now after 3 years developed and already hit the 200 mark. I still got my OPO and I'm still really happy with it I would like to upgrade after 3 years now but Im just not able to afford a new phone.

Thanks for the update. Have a nice week you all.

16. sfomin
    Nougat Oct 16, 2017

sfomin , Oct 16, 2017 :
    good good. let the rage flow through you [​IMG]

Francis.Zhou likes this.
  17. Miteshbarot
    Cupcake Oct 16, 2017

18. Chris dB
    Social Media Staff Member Oct 17, 2017

Chris dB , Oct 17, 2017 :
    Allowed? It's amazing and highly appreciated. Adopting the Weekly Update's not been unlike raising a child, trying to steer it in the right direction, while keeping it interesting, educated, and you know... Just "good". Week 21, huh? Hard to believe I wasn't even around for that one...

Your story, like many others, really resonated with me and is a solid reminder of why we feel confident in calling the OnePlus Community a family. The occasional disagreement not withstanding, this is easily the most passionate, vocal and tight-knit community I've ever had the honor of being a part of.

Thanks for sharing your journey with OnePlus, it's always great to hear from someone who has seen it all. No journey into the unknown is ever without its bumps, but if you want to get somewhere meaningful you've got to replace the occasional tire.

We hope you'll stick with us as we look for our next destination as well. Cheers!

SoniaB, script, camohan and 3 others like this.
  19. youbi
    Portuguese POC Assistant Head Moderator Oct 17, 2017

youbi , Oct 17, 2017 :
    Thanks for the kind words. :blush:

That's definitely true, I don't really know exactly why, but the truth is that Oneplus isn't indifferent to almost anyone, and either you love it or either you hate it, users are always quite vocal about it. :sweatsmile:

It's actually strange, how some users say that they "hate" so much this brand but nevertheless they stick around this place and seem that just can't stay away from it. So in the end, I guess that means that they are at least passionate about it. In the smartphone world I can only remember of Apple causing this sort of passionate reactions and Oneplus is also doing it now.

I guess this means that at the bear minimum you are doing things right and going into the right direction. :p Because the worse thing that can happen to any brand is becoming completely indifferent to their customers, and that is what for example killed "HTC" and is doing the same to many other brands.

20. donthu
    Donut Oct 17, 2017