Weekly Update 263: We get into the festive mood with Pie, awards and carols

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert Dec 29, 2018

dsmonteiro, Dec 29, 2018 :
    WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png

Hi everyone!

With 2018 stubbornly reaching its end (is it just me or did this year simply fly by?), I was the lucky one to get to write the last Weekly Update of the year. And what a week it was! With the holiday season in mind, OnePlus 5 and 5T users started receiving a slice of Pie, Community members sang their carols and me, @David Y., @Ruby G., Crystal Z. and @Trista W. dressed up for the Community Awards. Find all the juicy details below!

A slice of Pie…
    Christmas day brought a surprise to many OnePlus 5 and 5T users: Oxygen OS 9.0.0 started rolling out with the latest flavor of Android and many of its user-favorite features. You can check the changelog [HERE]. If you’re not one of the ones who have already received this update, don’t despair. As always, the broader rollout starts after a few days. This day was even more special for a user, @Dunnow, who won a brand-new McLaren edition OnePlus 6T for his entry on the Community Unboxing contest.

…and a few more updates
    It wasn’t just the staple of OxygenOS that got updated. For those on the forefront, OnePlus 5 and 5T also received a new Open Beta update. OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T users were also treated to a new Open Beta update. Be sure to check it out!

The Community gets creative
    When @Crystal Z. opened the Holiday giveaway contest, we were expecting the community’s creativity to shine, but I have to say you completely blew our expectations! We were amazed by the overall quality of your holiday carols. Deciding a winner was far from an easy task, but, in the end, @giackbazz ’s amazing voice and guitar skills won. Do tell us in the comments below which one is your favorite! For me, one of my personal favorites was @artloverjv ’s modern interpretation of Jingle Bells:

Speaking of creativity, @Trista W. shared the best photos from the Nightscape contest [HERE]. Don’t forget to vote on the one you like the best!

Community team’s YouTube debut
    This week we dressed fancy (who said that a T-shirt and bowtie combination isn’t fancy?) and hosted the first-ever annual video awards ceremony for the OnePlus community. @palc, @YASHPLUSONE., @dalmia09 and a few others are talking about their favorite bloopers here, but I can assure you that everything was scripted. Even when I cursed in Portuguese for not getting my line right at 17th attempt.

Your opinion is needed!
    @Tom B. shared a questionnaire about OnePlus 6T’s original case earlier this week, so don’t miss the opportunity to give your feedback. Check Tom’s thread here. @David Y. also wants to know your opinion about your favorite screen unlock animation. His thread is only one click away!

And with 2019 around the corner, @BobbyV8_ interviewed some of the OnePlus staff about their New Year’s Resolutions. Be sure not to miss his thread. What about you, what are your New Year’s Resolutions? I’ll tell you my most important one: Lose this belly that appeared out of nowhere.

2. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Dec 29, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y., Dec 29, 2018 :
    A good read. Thanks @dsmonteiro !

A heads-up that we just release a new Community app update (Beta track) in Google Play Store tonight. Be our beta testers for our latest community app, and let us know how those new additions go.

What's new in this release?
    • Enhanced feedback tool integration (now available in Open Beta builds)
      • Added suggestion categories
      • Placed product suggestion feature on the homepage
      • Opened Feedback forum section to tabs (optional)
    • Fixed notification display issue
    • General bug fixes and interface tweaks
    We hear many community members' feedback in the questionnaire, thank you, we are working on many new features and enhancements in the following updates. Stay tuned.

Gaje, G_plusone, B_Wrath and 26 others like this.
  3. David Y. Community Manager Staff Member Dec 29, 2018

Stickied Post
    David Y., Dec 29, 2018 :
    The news is that our software team is working on it. Patience is one of the greatest virtues in this world. F5 this page if you think anxiety could work.

4. ktamhane Froyo Dec 29, 2018

5. meatandy Nougat Dec 29, 2018

6. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 29, 2018

Cheetosdust, Dec 29, 2018 :
    Solid recap of the week, @dsmonteiro

It was a fun week full of very nice news, from updates to contests and staff resolutions for the new year. Congratulations once again to all the winners. :)

And it's nice to see you closing the year, I love seeing the different approaches to how the Weekly is written. So congratulations to you too :p

Calm down, Magic Mike :D

Have a great weekend, everyone. Wishing you a great end to a very interesting 2018. :cool:

7. the_o2 Lollipop Dec 29, 2018

the_o2, Dec 29, 2018 :
    I need this type of video more in near future :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Enjoy your weekend and have a great year ahead :)

8. YASHPLUSONE. Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2018

YASHPLUSONE., Dec 29, 2018 :
    it's all @script 'ed? the fun the cussing all of it? oh the lie..... I hate the pie XD (lol that rhymed) fun fact: I love pie ^_^
    great weekly, the last one for the year! noice ;-)

Ravi BINAVAT and buntycubal like this.
  9. thiyaga0906 Froyo Dec 29, 2018

10. YASHPLUSONE. Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2018

YASHPLUSONE., Dec 29, 2018 :
    this is weekly update continue all SW update related queries in the latest announcements thread.
    also, pie will come when ready!

11. static0 Donut Dec 29, 2018

12. YASHPLUSONE. Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2018

13. prasannaraja2 Gingerbread Dec 29, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT, janup24 and jasprjay like this.
  14. Makhija27 Froyo Dec 29, 2018

Makhija27, Dec 29, 2018 :
    thanks for last weekly update of the year[e]1f60a[/e]
    and a very happy New year to the wonderful community [e]2764[/e]️

Never Settle !

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  15. Muhammed Naseel Eclair Dec 29, 2018

16. G_Ahmed_Zaleef_LzoU Donut Dec 29, 2018

17. meatandy Nougat Dec 29, 2018

meatandy, Dec 29, 2018 :
    Maybe sometime next year. :p

18. wicky24 Eclair Dec 29, 2018

19. mr_priyanshu Jelly Bean Dec 29, 2018

mr_priyanshu, Dec 29, 2018 :
    dsmonteiro now working for OnePlus
    Dunnow winning stuffs lately

Next is malidan & iloveoneplus it seems.

Happy holidays

20. script Marshmallow Moderator Dec 29, 2018

script, Dec 29, 2018 :
    Hi, and thx David for the final weekly. True, the year flew by.

All have a fine NYE , see you all soon in 2019. Best greetings and wishes to Crystal Ruby Trista and David and all at OnePlus behind the scenes. And, ofc, to my fellow mods.

21. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Dec 29, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.
  22. nirajbhusal Gingerbread Dec 29, 2018

Ravi BINAVAT likes this.