Weekly Update 264: We finish and start strong, and some other eccentricities.

1. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Jan 4, 2019

Ruby G. , Jan 4, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate-Forum (1).png

Hello friends,

Welcome to 2019! I hope the year has been treating you well so far. I have been back in the office for one day ha, after a nice holiday break with the family. As a result, January feels splendid and refreshing, the beginning of what is sure to be an eventful and exciting year for our community.

TL;DR of how our year ended and started:
    So…new year, new you. *grins as groans erupt from the crowd*
    *someone throws a tomato* *it misses*

All jokes aside, I’m sure many of us are taking inventory of our lives and deciding what we want to let go or keep doing this year. One thing that I hope everyone continues is taking the time to savor the small details of life. I have spotted some fine examples of such appreciation from @NeVeR_SeTTLe’s wonderful January Shot on OnePlus thread. I always enjoy the travel photos, but this one from @Praviners really made me want to hop on a plane again:

1546467193149.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed this rather chill weekly update. Keep an eye out for something fun on Monday ;)

Creative survey of the week
    OnePlus life: reading about the latest smartphone developments, posting sarcastic memes and well-timed bitmojis, having an intense fascination with bees and desserts, and most importantly of all, answering surveys.

As a nod to this last element, I will subject a different team member each week to my off-kilter survey questions. This week, we start with our resident community consultant @dsmonteiro, who answered:

1. Which meme best describes your mood this past week?
    [​IMG]
    2. Which meme best describes how the economy in your country is right now?
    [​IMG]
    3. Which meme best describes your reaction if you woke up tomorrow and found out your wife was pregnant with quintuplets?
    [​IMG]

I'd love to see your responses as well :D

Tech picks of the week
    Start the year off with some mental nutrition:
    • Autonomous delivery robots, bakeries in a box – the Consumer Electronics Show is coming to Las Vegas next week and the predictions are pretty exciting so far.
    • Everyone who watches the stock market will know what has been going on with Apple recently. Something like this happened back in 2002, you know.
    • And we see that Bitcoin is not immune to the phenomenons of life and big money. The Verge did a great write-up on how it started and fell as an emblem of financial counterculture.
    That’s all from me for now. Have a good one everyone!

2. YRJ
    Lollipop Jan 4, 2019

YRJ , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Monday can't come soon enough! ;-)
    as always another great weekly, keep it up.

3. rameshshreyas
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2019

rameshshreyas , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Happy new year!
    Can't wait for CES 2019! Looking for that sweet, no notch action out there. xD

4. GopalB.
    Nougat Jan 4, 2019

5. Shivang Joshi
    Starting Point Expert Jan 4, 2019

jlasensiofi, script, the_o2 and 3 others like this.
  6. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Happy new year, @Ruby G. - so great to see you back :)

Thank you for the update and many congratulations on the quintuplets, @dsmonteiro ;) :p

It's January 4th and the randomness already started, it's going to be a great year :)

Have an awesome weekend, everyone. Here's to a great 2019. :cool:

jlasensiofi, Saliou, script and 6 others like this.
  7. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Jan 4, 2019

8. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jan 4, 2019

dsmonteiro , Jan 4, 2019 :
    I actually keep teasing her that whenever we decide to have kids we'll get twins so that would certainly be karma playing a joke on me.

jlasensiofi, script, eye842 and 6 others like this.
  9. Its.Leandroo
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jan 4, 2019

G_plusone, Cheetosdust and Ruby G. like this.
  10. Cheetosdust

Cheetosdust , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Oh well, at least you already have your username ready, Double Siblings Monteiro :D:p

11. Andy lone
    Gingerbread Jan 4, 2019

Andy lone , Jan 4, 2019 :
    well 2018 is gone and now we start of 2019 with a bang with a new year to better ourselves with new technology , new friends and expanding relationship and family enjoy everyone and good luck [e]1f609[/e][e]1f44d[/e]

G_plusone likes this.
  12. the_reckoner
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 4, 2019

13. prasannaraja2
    Honeycomb Jan 4, 2019

14. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jan 4, 2019

G_plusone , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Interesting. ;)
    Nice Tech picks as usual :cool:
    Good start to the year

:rolleyes:

buntycubal and the_o2 like this.
  15. the_o2
    Marshmallow Jan 4, 2019

the_o2 , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Happy new year to you and have a great weekend ahead, thanks for first weekly update of 2K19 :)

buntycubal likes this.
  16. sathya durairaj
    Froyo Jan 4, 2019

sathya durairaj , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Why no news regarding Android Pie for OnePlus 3/3T, no information makes users to doubt about it. Please respond to us also!!!!!

17. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Jan 4, 2019

dsmonteiro , Jan 4, 2019 :
    There was no news about Pie until it was released for the 5 and 5T, same thing happened with the 6 and 6T. OnePlus does not provide ETAs. It will release the update when ready. Software development does take its time.

18. Arthi Prabu
    Froyo Jan 4, 2019

Arthi Prabu , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Happy new year... Eagerly waiting for oneplus 7..as I had waited for oneplus 5.. Bring it soon...

19. sathya durairaj
    Froyo Jan 4, 2019

sathya durairaj , Jan 4, 2019 :
    Okay, thanks for your response!

dsmonteiro likes this.
  20. static0
    Donut Jan 4, 2019

Ruby G. likes this.