Weekly Update 275:Best App of the Month and Final 3 Day Call to Reimagine the Speed

1. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 23, 2019

Trista W., Mar 23, 2019 :
    forum.png

Hello everyone!

Long time no see, finally it’s my turn to give a recap of recent happenings. By the way, I’m busy with baking something sweet for you recently, which will be served next month. Please stay tuned for a surprise coming soon.;)

Vote for the best app of the month
    @dsmonteiro came up with a great idea to invite our community to share your favorite app on a monthly basis. Check it out here and find if there is anyone who happens to have the same app taste with you and who knows, maybe you can find something fit you quite well. And for me, my favorite APP is Netflix. I like to chill out with some TV series on the weekend, recently have been indulging in death, love and robots. This series is quite popular across the globe right now.

屏幕快照 2019-03-22 上午11.13.47.png

Mobile filmmaking masterclass part 2
    After careful consideration, the top 45 ideas for a short film have been selected. Now the top 45 winners are busy on creating their storyboards. You will be able to vote for their perfect screenplays on the forums from 25 March to 27 March 11:59 HKT (UTC +8). Check all the details here.

5G reimagine speed
    ‘5G apps of tomorrow’ campaign is in full swing. Now is the final call! Don't miss out the chance to revolutionize our lives in 5G era. Submit your amazing and innovative ideas and win the chance to bring it to life.

What's happening in other corners
    [From Germany] We have some exciting news to share. On March 15, OnePlus was awarded not just one, but FOUR prizes at the International Forum (iF) Design Award 2019 ceremony in Munich, Germany! @Dale F. wrote more about it here.

[From US] @brobinson7, the videographer/video editor for the OnePlus North America team, shared with us how to make a cinemagraph.

us.gif

[From IN] @ChromedFox, our European Communications Manager, shared about his India Holi Festival trip with the community. Check how he felt about the magic of Holi here. @Joel Jacob also wrote a fun recap about our fun event for Holi here.

Tech picks of the week
    1. Google just revealed their latest game-streaming resolution tool, Stadia, bringing a new era of video game consumption link. @YRJ gave us a detailed introduction.
    2. Android Authority released a list of ‘Best Android phones (Mar 19)’. 'Phones are judged by four main criteria: the best overall, best camera, best battery, and best value. See here whether OnePlus has been nominated ;)
    3. I believe the first Android Q beta must be your hot topic this week. Feel free to share with us what improvement you're excited for in the comments below.
    4. I just found this picture online, making fun of a cutout on the screen. Quite curious, in your opinion, which solution for a bezel-less display do you think is the best?

punch hole.jpg

I know many are in a flurry about Pie for 3/3T. Here is a chance to be among the first batch to taste it. Apply HERE to be part of closed beta testing. That's all for this week, thanks for reading and enjoy your weekend!

2. mspatil.92 Honeycomb Mar 23, 2019

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

3. Vladut123 Honeycomb Mar 23, 2019

4. G_plusone Marshmallow Mar 23, 2019

G_plusone, Mar 23, 2019 :
    Thanks for the weekly update and Tech picks Trista.
    Congratulations @YRJ on getting featured

5. YRJ Lollipop Mar 23, 2019

YRJ, Mar 23, 2019 :
    As always only your tag shows up, none of the others :oops:
    thanks for the tag mate! :)

Also @Trista W. I have a discussion thread for this too... :D
    [let's discuss] No Room : The Sob Story of the front Camera
    Feel free to check it out ;)

Btw, wonderful weekly update Trista you covered all four corners of the world.
    Kudos :)

6. G_plusone Marshmallow Mar 23, 2019

meatandy, Mjo and YRJ like this.
  7. YRJ Lollipop Mar 23, 2019

YRJ, Mar 23, 2019 :
    :p :tearsofjoy:
    It isn't!!! :mad:
    I'm just linking it incase Trista missed it earlier ;) :smirk:

meatandy, Mjo and G_plusone like this.
  8. G_plusone Marshmallow Mar 23, 2019

Sure :rolleyes:;)

meatandy, YRJ and Mjo like this.
  9. gaster Lollipop Moderator Mar 23, 2019

gaster, Mar 23, 2019 :
    Thanks for the weekly update Trista and the technology tips. Have a great weekend everyone!

10. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Mar 23, 2019

meatandy and G_plusone like this.
  11. G_plusone Marshmallow Mar 23, 2019

Pie for OP3(T) :p OP7?

12. meatandy Oreo Mar 23, 2019

meatandy, Mar 23, 2019 :
    Two questions
    Why is @Adam Krisko pictured on that S10 homescreen and What's in the oven ?

Also feel free to discuss Android Q here as well.

To answer your question , I like the waterdrop notch more than the punch hole , however I have seen some pretty creative homescreens out there..

Last edited: Mar 23, 2019

13. Adam Krisko KitKat Community Expert Mar 23, 2019

14. MKT_IRFAN3735 Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  15. B.yashaswi Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 23, 2019

G_plusone and meatandy like this.
  16. jlasensiofi KitKat Mar 23, 2019

G_plusone and meatandy like this.
  17. meatandy Oreo Mar 23, 2019

B.yashaswi and G_plusone like this.
  18. Helder_DAlmeida Gingerbread Mar 23, 2019

19. aris Jelly Bean Mar 23, 2019