Weekly Update 277: Community App Beta, SOOP and Your Idea on Smartphone Design

1. nmatheis
    US Brand Ambassador Apr 6, 2019

nmatheis , Apr 6, 2019 :
    For future smartphones...

1. No slider or popup front camera which would be fragile and delay face unlock which o use all the time

2. Optical zoom rear camera because Huawei P30 wow, just wow

3. Revert to rear fingerprint sensor because it's faster, more secure, and we've got face unlock when we can't reach the back

4. More secure face unlock tech

5. Bonus for RYYB sensor because again P30 night shots are wow, just wow

script, Helder_DAlmeida and j.nnxk like this.
  2. Pradeep@1+
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 6, 2019

Pradeep@1+ , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Since H2OS was an open beta hope OS will also follow the same

3. Abu Yohannan
    Eclair Apr 6, 2019

4. muharrem1961
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2019

muharrem1961 , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Waiting for OnePlus Tablet.It is wise to do cars while you have to do home electronics like this.

5. ravit2839
    Eclair Apr 6, 2019

ravit2839 , Apr 6, 2019 :
    soon=eternity [e]1f64f[/e][e]1f64f[/e][e]1f64f[/e]

6. K1ngP1n

K1ngP1n , Apr 6, 2019 :
    To all the people who are keep crying for Pie on 3/T just see the situation of the OP5/T users there are 4 bug fix updates yet, still the bugs are not fixed,

Bluetooth sucks
    Gaming mode becomes useless after restarting the phone
    Random crashes in every few days.....

Be happy with Oreo, and remember there is no project treble for 3/T too...

Helder_DAlmeida likes this.
  7. K1ngP1n

K1ngP1n , Apr 6, 2019 :
    :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Trolling level pro :cool::cool:

8. B.yashaswi

B.yashaswi , Apr 6, 2019 :
    David Y.

View attachment 994816

Hi there,

How are you doing? Hope everyone was doing great in the past few days! Here, we are going to highlight some of the best moments happened this week.

Introducing Community app 2.4.0 beta
    Do you recall that we did an annual community questionnaire at the end of last year? We collected tons of valuable feedback on how to make our community better. Search optimization is on top of the platform suggestion list. So, we got down to business, outlined and developed a better searching experience in the past few months. Now we are excited to share the news that the beta is ready. Join our Google Play Store Beta program and let us know how you like it. The next update of the app will be focusing on the dark mode. Stay tuned!

Shot on OnePlus: April edition
    Though it is no surprise, we were always amazed by those talented shutterbugs on the forum. Great shots were taken and shared every day! Join our monthly thread here and let us know what you got.

View attachment 994818
    Taken by @vaisakh7 . Shot on OnePlus 6. Auto Mode, edited in Lightroom.

Feedback wanted!
    This week, @Trista W. released the two surveys below. By doing the weekly update recap, we would like to add a question on “What’s your expectation on next year's smartphones design?” this is an open discussion and we are open to all the possibilities that can bring you better user experience.

OnePlus Backpack User Satisfaction Survey

OnePlus Audio Products Survey

Let me keep this weekly update short and sweet. A kind reminder that there is a lot more fun content posted this week. Do remember to check it out after you shared your smartphone design idea.

Stay strong and see you next week.

Thanks for the update @David Y. Was reading the update but as mentioned short and sweet i did not feel it was sweet how can a update be sweet without pie.

David Y.

You may know we released a beta for HydrogenOS this week. That means the one for OxygenOS is coming too.

Then after reading this yes i could feel that sweet and making that statement 100% True,i am having question do the ones on official OOS 5.0.8 should wait for a long time for a official Roll out of pie??

Speaking about smartphones as we all know pixel is entering into midrange sector indeed for a tight competition with oneplus i would like to see OnePlus phones with a size of 5.2 to 5.5 inch max ofcourse with a more screen to body ratio and with less bezels and as always with all the features then it might give a tight competition, here especially the main game changer is Camera as everyone know it so @David Y. I hope there is something wonderful going to happen in oneplus 7 which will differentiate whatever the phone might be.
    Peace

Last edited: Apr 7, 2019

buntycubal and script like this.
  9. kaziakib
    Donut Apr 6, 2019

10. G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2019

G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ , Apr 6, 2019 :
    If they are unable to release stable OS for their devices they have to stop selling device or stop making false commitment.
    or go back to linage os (earlier CyanogenMod) great hardware is nothing without stable os

11. F_Prashant_Karmacharya_U

F_Prashant_Karmacharya_U , Apr 6, 2019 :
    cant do anything [e]1f601[/e]

12. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Apr 6, 2019

jlasensiofi , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Thanks @David Y. for the new weekly update. I have to say that the application of the Community is going very well, good work!

Nice picture and thanks to @Trista W. for his surveys.

Never Settle

buntycubal and Helder_DAlmeida like this.
  13. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 6, 2019

DARTH 007 , Apr 6, 2019 :
    are you dreaming

14. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 6, 2019

don't you know that the op7 is ready.
    anyway OnePlus don't care what u like or not

15. DARTH 007
    KitKat Apr 6, 2019

lol
    you forgot about 6 and 6T.
    app refresh issue and ram management problems most likely.
    at the end of the day , buy a 8gb ram phone and every app will restart again after 15mins.

K1ngP1n and G_Hiren_Trivedi_JfFZ like this.
  16. sommersy
    KitKat Apr 6, 2019

17. GarageRamen
    Gingerbread Apr 6, 2019

GarageRamen , Apr 6, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update. Have a great weekend. Thank you for the opportunity to have a say in the survey's.;)

18. E1521298105146
    Cupcake Apr 7, 2019

19. kaziakib
    Donut Apr 7, 2019

20. idiocracy
    Donut Apr 7, 2019

idiocracy , Apr 7, 2019 :
    “What’s your expectation on next year's smartphones design?”

Imo the most important is well balanced ergonomics, which everyone besides Apple and Samsung has completely thrown out the window in the bigger is somehow better race.
    I really want a 1+ device, but i am not willing to compromise ergonomics when buying a new device. These massive phones look nice, but don't feel nice. If you've ever held an S8/S9 or S10e in your hands, you will understand what i'm talking about.
    I have never owned a Samsung device, but first time i picked one up, i was like wow, this feels so much better than everything else.