Weekly Update 279: We have a delicious taste of Pie and introduced a new challenge

1. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Apr 20, 2019

Trista W., Apr 20, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate279-WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png

Hello everyone,

It has been a wet and gloomy week here in OnePlus HQ, but thanks to all the fun things that have been happening on the forums, I'm still in a sunny mood:D If you missed this week's action, take a look below!

Delicious Pie
    This week, @Manu J. from the software team introduced to us the open beta builds for the OnePlus 5/5T and OnePlus 6/6T. And to provide a better OxygenOS experience, the software team invites you to participate in a short survey to gather feedback about the open beta builds for the OnePlus 6 and 6T. Don’t forget to fill it out, as your voice is always of utmost importance to us.

After months of testing and debugging, the Android Pie Community Beta for the OnePlus 3/3T is finally available. Now, we would like to invite you to download and try it and continue to help us shaping the stable version. Check how to install it here.

OnePlus heroes
    To test the theory whether OnePlus users tend to have high IQ/analytical abilities, or something more supernatural, @Ruby G. introduced a captivating challenge-#ReadOurMinds. The question is in your opinion, which superhero best represents OnePlus?

We were greatly impressed by your interpretations. Below are my favorites.

On top of this, @Ruby G. shared with us a bit about the Open Ears Forum organized in NYC last week and expressed a huge thank you to everyone who helped make this event a success. @Brady R. gave us a recap about the OnePlus NYC Photowalk held earlier this month and as a gesture of appreciation, he offered a small giveaway. If you are from the US, don’t miss your chance!

Pym's story
    @Pym C. from our UK marketing team shared with us his incredible 900-day journey with OnePlus. I resonate greatly with one sentence he mentioned: "The thing that makes OnePlus so special is the community, so we are constantly looking for ways to get you involved." Very true words, Pym :cool:

5G Napoleon
    After being announced at MWC back in February, we've finally chosen our 5G Apps of Tomorrow winners. The top 5 were announced today - huge thanks to everyone who took part in this exciting program. Check more details here.

Thread of the week
    Congratulations to @Cheetosdust for winning the 'Thread of the week', check here how he looked into Pete's OnePlus ecosystem blueprint.

That’s all for this week - we hope you have an awesome weekend. And to everyone celebrating Easter - we hope your weekend is filled with Easter eggs and fun.;)

2. luigimario The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Apr 20, 2019

luigimario, Apr 20, 2019 :
    Nice recap Trista. You didn't mention the thread of the week though. Poor @Cheetosdust :( Haha I'm sure he's doing all right.

Edit: First! :p

3. Danbrus2 Froyo Apr 20, 2019

Danbrus2, Apr 20, 2019 :
    nice weekly thread!
    waiting for the next device to be announced! [e]1f601[/e]

second [e]1f601[/e]

buntycubal and YRJ like this.
  4. YRJ KitKat Apr 20, 2019

YRJ, Apr 20, 2019 :
    Well rounded up weekly @Trista W. Thanks!
    I really like the header, thumbs up to the designers for that :cool:
    The phone looks beautiful as ever :hearteyes:

Did you forget tech picks of the week!? :p

Don't worry, this is perfect :)

5. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Apr 20, 2019

ahaha, there are many funny things on the forums already, so I skip that. :p

6. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Apr 20, 2019

:eek:I forgot that, let me edit the thread later!

7. YRJ KitKat Apr 20, 2019

8. Its.Leandroo The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Apr 20, 2019

9. script Marshmallow Moderator Apr 20, 2019

script, Apr 20, 2019 :
    Thx for the new weekly, and happy Easter WE to all

buntycubal, jlasensiofi and Saliou like this.
  10. DogeAlpha Honeycomb Apr 20, 2019

DogeAlpha, Apr 20, 2019 :
    We haven't released a stable update for about 2 months. What should we do...
    *Release 3 beta updates in one week*

11. DARTH 007 KitKat Apr 20, 2019

DARTH 007, Apr 20, 2019 :
    can we again see that beautiful black grey colour of the 3T with metal back again in the recent phones.

SergiuXro and Saliou like this.
  12. YRJ KitKat Apr 20, 2019

YRJ, Apr 20, 2019 :
    No. since the switch to glass backs has been made.

jlasensiofi and Saliou like this.
  13. Pawan Sapkota Gingerbread Apr 20, 2019

Pawan Sapkota, Apr 20, 2019 :
    The kernel for the pie update wasn't updated ? It's should have been updated to 4 or higher. Why are you guys limiting the potential for 3/3T. Never settle , I don't see it's real implementation .

14. Helder_DAlmeida Gingerbread Apr 20, 2019

15. Fursan Afzal Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 20, 2019

Fursan Afzal, Apr 20, 2019 :
    I'm glad we finally get pie (although beta) on the 3/3T

16. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Apr 20, 2019

Cheetosdust, Apr 20, 2019 :
    Hello @Trista W.

thank you for the thread and for the recap of the week. :cool:

Great news, especially to those who now can start asking for Android Q :p

Thank you so much for not forgetting about that thread, it was such an honor and I love that you included the link from the beginni...
    Oh c'mon @Trista W. :D:D:p

Jokes aside, thank you for mentioning it. You are my favorite Trista W. here on the forums. :)

Wishing everyone a great weekend. Have fun and stuff your face with chocolate, even if you don't celebrate Easter. :cool:

17. Rafian_Rasel Cupcake Apr 20, 2019

Rafian_Rasel, Apr 20, 2019 :
    last day,update my oneplus 3t pie beta version
    that time a faceing 2 problem
    1.pubg microphone sound off
    2.whatsapps sound off
    !! now what can I do"!

18. Kerkdriel Honeycomb Apr 20, 2019

Saliou likes this.
  19. Rafian_Rasel Cupcake Apr 20, 2019

Rafian_Rasel, Apr 20, 2019 :
    #kerk_bro pie beta updated