Weekly Update 285: We introduce a new sub-forum, a couple of contests and updates

1. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 31, 2019

dsmonteiro, May 31, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate-Forum (1).png

Hey everyone,

I hope you’re getting ready for a great weekend! I’m currently experiencing 35ºC (or 95 miles Fahrenheit for those of you using the imperial system), so Saturday can’t come soon enough! Before I change to my swimming trunks, I have some news from the past week to share.

A new forum section makes its debut
    We all already knew how the OnePlus Community is willing to help. Now, we put that willingness front and center! This week we introduced the new Tutorials section opened and we’re only getting started! We've already moved existing content there, but we hope you can help in the process by creating fresh content in the Tutorials Open section. And if you are the one seeking for help, here's a question: what kind of topics would you like to see covered by tutorials?

A couple of contests to sweeten your weekend
    Who doesn’t love a good contest? Well, this week we got to witness two big ones. Earlier this week, @Trista W. announced the Community Onboard Program. If you made a purchase in May in our official store or through an official reseller, be sure to check her thread for the chance to win a full reimbursement on your order. And today, @Ruby G. introduced the sure-to-generate-funny-videos $1000 straw challenge, to help explain how UFS 3.0 makes your phone faster.

New updates
    Both the OnePlus 5 / 5T and the OnePlus 6 / 6T duos received a new beta update this week, with the latter getting the much awaited Screen Recorder and Zen Mode features. The OnePlus 7 Pro also got a new update focusing on the camera (no pun intended) and system improvements.

Your feedback matters
    @Manu J. created a new thread requesting feedback from the community, and addressing some of the most common comments. If you have feedback to give, be it positive or negative, that’ll be the place to start.
    @Abdulbasithmh also shared a list of known issues as well as the ones that have already been fixed. We want you to know that we're actively checking your comments and that we aim at addressing them as soon as possible. Don’t forget to report any issues you might face through the Feedback tool so that we more information to act upon.

Great content from our Community
    • @Schafer, one of our US Brand Ambassadors, kicked off a new series called Life of a Student with the OnePlus 7 Pro. For those of you that are or were college students, I’m sure you’ll relate to some parts of the post. I sure did with the “studying for 20 minutes at a time” bit.
    • @Riz157 is comparing the OnePlus 7 Pro with the Samsung S10+ and inviting you to ask him any questions you might have. Be sure to give his thread a go.
    • Following @Crystal Z. ’s recommendations, it’s now my turn to highlight a couple of The Lab reviews: @Dhruv Weaver and @yashonagori released another bit of their reviews, you can read them here and here.
    And that wraps it up... Hope to catch you all in next Monday's Chatbox thread!

2. G_plusone Marshmallow May 31, 2019

3. YRJ Lollipop May 31, 2019

G_plusone and dsmonteiro like this.
  4. Gaston NP Lollipop Moderator May 31, 2019

script and dsmonteiro like this.
  5. Jalex_h Eclair May 31, 2019

dsmonteiro likes this.
  6. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

Jake Jackson, May 31, 2019 :
    Might not want to put your swimming shorts on just yet, think you need to stay in the office and get these bugs fixed that have broken my phone that I've asked your team about 20 times today for a refund or settlement that all of them have said no. Not good Enough. Get this sorted for me please before I'll need to start making my own phone calls across the O2 Franchise for unfair treatment if customer, materiality loss with customer dissatisfaction. The settlement I am asking for is the retail sale price I paid for my phone. Nothing more, nothing less.

7. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

1559329404859.jpg
    Fourth phone call to your team today, still on hold. Hour long call. Installed antivirus on tbe ohone today in fear that this feedback message is what it really says,abd ny data is going elsewhere. I do not trust OnePlus anymore,Ive askes for a goodwill gesture,then refund but no one is taking me seriously. Unfair treatment of a fellow OnePlus Ambassador, mobile sales colleauge and customer let alone all else.

8. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 31, 2019

Hi there,

As you can imagine, someone from the Community team would hardly be of any assistant fixing a bug. I'm sure my basic Python skills won't accomplish much more than the shopping list script I've be prepping up on an online course.

I'm sorry that you're having a bad experience, but as you can see in the original post, the Software team is already aware of the issue and is working on a fix. If you wish to request a refund, you should contact support, if it's still within the legal period to do so.

9. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

Ok so leave me on hold for an hour then hang up the phone. OK I'll email you my bank details and await payment for the next 48 hours then I will make my calls. Enjoy your beach excursion while I fume not from the heat but from anger.

10. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 31, 2019

If you do you want my help, I'm happy to do anything that's within my power to help.

If you submit a support ticket, I can escalate it with customer support. I will send you a PM with more information.

11. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

Thank you, I have sent a follow up email to support, can we arrange to get this settlement please.

12. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 31, 2019

As I mentioned before, I'm from Community team, not Support, so I cannot answer that question. Still, I've already sent you a PM so that we can find the best way I can help you.

13. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

Thank you, I appreciate that. I have sent you a Pm in response.

14. G_Dmitry_Glushko_CVji Gingerbread May 31, 2019

15. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

As I said I would I have been in contact with O2 Franchise management alerting them of these serious issues with OnePlus phones and software updates. They will be considering removing the devices from Point Of Sale across their regions until an official statement from OnePlus is made, they were especially not happy with the way my personal situation was dealt with, especially considering I was a OnePlus Ambassador selling the product in their stores. O2 are extremely good with their refunds and customer satisfaction. Oneplus on the other hand have refused my refund request when I have asked countless times today. I have requested to speak to a manager where I was put on hold to discuss with him settlement before I took this action but the phone was put down on me while waiting patiently. Unfortunately OnePlus have followed a policy as they call it which is not in the best interests for their customers. Therefore I will not be recommending any further OnePlus devices to friends, family or business colleagues. If I do get that refund, however unlikely it is at this stage, I will be using that money I worked hard for to purchase a Samsung Galaxy S10, a well known brand of phone, and will not look back at OnePlus again. Yours sincerely, a customer you have lost for good.

16. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

I've given OnePlus more than a week of patience until that patience went today on the phone when I asked for my refund, why should I await another 48 hours for my phone to get fixed and the issue to go away, so I'm not a problem anymore? I've waited too long now, you've said what you wanted to say OP customer support, now I've done what I've said I would do. I expect to open my banking app by Monday and see the money I parted with buying your device that you've now broken. Thank you. Good night.

17. dsmonteiro Community Consultant Community Expert May 31, 2019

As I had the chance to explain you via PM, since you bought the device through O2, it's O2's responsibility to provide a refund. Also, considering you're referring to a device that is now 6 months old, a refund doesn't really apply, as far I can tell.

From your public complaints, you're referring to a "Thank you for your feedback" pop-up message. How is this is a "serious issue"? I understand that it might be annoying but fail to understand how it is serious or how it caused data loss like you have claimed before.

As I pointed out in my first message to you, OnePlus has already acknowledged the software issue you reporting and is currently in the process of fixing it. As any software issue, OnePlus cannot provide a fix to you specifically.

Even though I took the time to try to help escalating your issue, it seems that it is more important to you to make this statement than to have your issue solved. As you can imagine, what you are demanding is far from reasonable for several reasons:
    • O2, the company from which you bought the device, is the one who has a legally binding sales contract with you and, as such, is the one responsible for refunding you. I've even linked you to EU Consumer law to show you that.
    • You're requesting a full refund for a 6-month old device that has a temporary software issue that has already been acknowledged by the company and is in the process of being fixed.
    • The software issue that you've referred to doesn't affect the phone's ability to work in any major way.
    • A bank transfer would never be on your bank account on Monday even if done now.
    Even with all that said, I will still keep true to my word as try to help you with your issue by escalating it with Customer Support. Still, I must ask you to stop derailing this thread.

18. toastytoast1234 Marshmallow May 31, 2019

19. Jake Jackson Eclair May 31, 2019

As I've been advised to very nicely as a OnePlus customer, can we move this thread back to topic by me saying have a good week, have a good weekend.

G_plusone likes this.
  20. SJBoss Lollipop May 31, 2019

SJBoss, May 31, 2019 :
    Sure :rolleyes:
    [​IMG]