Weekly Update 286: We Welcomed OnePlus 7 and Camera Update

1. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 6, 2019

Trista W., Jun 6, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate286-WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png

Hello everyone,

How's this week going? With the summer days around the corner, have you already made out a trip plan? If not, I hope you can at least enjoy some chilled-out time with 'What's going on in the community'.;)

Your voice matters
    Our vibrant community is always what makes OnePlus thrive in such a competitive market. You speak, we listen. And we can't thank you enough for your continued feedback since the OnePluss 7 Series release. Software team has started pushing the incremental roll-out of OxygenOS 9.5.7, which, based on your feedback, contains lots of improvements for the triple camera. Check more details here. @Jimmy Z. shares more details on it and invites you to finish a camera blind test survey. This will help a lot for us to better understand your thoughts about photo quality.
    Meanwhile, @Manu J. started a light survey to tap into your preferences about ‘Gallery’. And to collect your straight-forward feedback, @Crystal Z. is also holding a survey, asking if you've bought the OnePlus 7 Pro, still on the fence or not considering it at all.

OnePlus 7 Series News
    • The latest OxygenOS OTA for the OnePlus 6 and 6T is on its way and the integrated Feedback tool is now part of our stable builds. You can now submit bug reports, product suggestions, and feature requests seamlessly from the community app. You can check here for more information on the newly integrated Feedback tool.
    • I believe OnePlus 7 Pro has kept you in high spirits and now it’s time to add some spice-OnePlus 7 is available now. Check how @Joel Jacob introduced it here!
    • Why do they wear a surprised smile? One of our US brand ambassadors did a in-depth investigation about pop-up camera.
    • The Lab reviewer @TechnoMinute showed us a brilliant comprehensive review of the OnePlus 7 Pro, where you probably can find all the answers to the questions you might still have about our hero product.

Put your phone down
    With the rapid growth of modern technology, have you found yourself being so gripped by that virtual world, that you end up more alienated from those around you? To solve such dilemma, we released Zen mode and @Gary C. introduced our core belief behind it.

HQ happenings
    It’s Dragon Boat Festival this weekend, which is one of Chinese traditional festivals to commemorate a hero and it's also traditionally believed to chase jinx away. On this day, we will have ‘zongzi’, a dish made of glutinous rice and other ingredients. Our HQ office has been decorated in a festive spirit.

WechatIMG295.jpeg
    That’s all for this week. Enjoy your weekend and it’s time for me to cook some zongzi!
    WechatIMG298.jpeg

2. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 8, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 8, 2019 :
    A hero and a dragon shaped boat, that sounds familiar...

Wait a minute! You guys have an entire festival just to commemorate Link from LoZ?!

[​IMG]

Ruby G., David Y., Mr. 956 and 11 others like this.
  3. Z2ROCOOL Eclair Jun 8, 2019

4. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2019

the_reckoner, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Will op7 pro's software updates come to the 7? why doesn't the 7 even have have its own software download page?

Will the 7 get abandoned just like the X and 2?

5. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 8, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 8, 2019 :
    I think it's a little early to be jumping to those kinds of conclusions just yet. It's only been like 3 days so far since the 7 was released.

6. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2019

Thank you Bob for answering my question

Don't you think at least the software download page should be live? It's one of the key customer facing artifacts and OnePlus isn't even bothered about it, when it's for a BRAND NEW MODEL which released just 3 days back.

It's unprofessional and near damn scary. No one from OnePlus has even confirmed or denied that the 7 will get the same updates as the pro whereas there has already been messaging regarding which features will be ported to the 5 and 6 series etc

Already regret buying the 7. Damn.

7. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 8, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 8, 2019 :
    The software download page usually doesn't go live right away. Probably after the first update, right now the software it came out of the box with is the only one available so there's no real reason for people to have to download the stock ROM at the moment.

And the hardware is different enough between the 7 and the 7 pro that they can't run exactly the same software so the won't receive updates at the exact same time but yes all of the same software features as the 7 pro will be provided to the 7 as well. Excepting those that are reliant on hardware(things like QHD mode, camera lense differences, etc) of course.

D1559945372200 and Shivang Joshi like this.
  8. Tobikage Marshmallow Jun 8, 2019

G_plusone and Shivang Joshi like this.
  9. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2019

Thank you Bob for reverting on my post

The OP7 already received a software upgrade over the OOTB Oxygen OS. So, if your theory is correct the downloads page should be up!

Its true that the hardware specs being different, the updates won't be tightly in sync. But what I am really looking for is assurance from the OnePlus that at least "some" of the very well received recent OP7 Pro update "may" make it to the OP7. It worrisome that there is no messaging.

Another point of note is that 7 Pro has a dedicated 3rd Party Development subsection in the forums whereas the 7 does not.

10. Hydra Bob Starting Point Expert Jun 8, 2019

Hydra Bob, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Hmm that's odd, I didn't see a thread about it. Even still they normally wait until the roll out is complete until they upload it to their website or everyone would just crash their servers all trying to be the first to get their hands on it.

And I would assume the reason no message has been made about it is because everyone should be taking it as a given that there will be as much feature parity as possible between the two models.

But all of these things you're talking about took more than a few days to happen for the 7 pro too. I don't see any reason to be worried just yet. Have patience and your questions should be resolved soon.

the_reckoner and Shivang Joshi like this.
  11. Vector Jelly Bean Jun 8, 2019

Vector, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Trista is a cool name and Zongzi seems both delicious and fun to say! Thanks for the updates. :)

G_plusone likes this.
  12. the_o2 Lollipop Jun 8, 2019

the_o2, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Thanks for the thread, enjoy the weekend and Zonzi too :):)

Saliou and G_plusone like this.
  13. G_plusone Lollipop Jun 8, 2019

Saliou likes this.
  14. Predict23 Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2019

Predict23, Jun 8, 2019 :
    I might think that the 7 Pro needs more feedback and support than the 7, because the regular 7 is a polished 6T in some way...

HardstylerDK and the_reckoner like this.
  15. script Marshmallow Moderator Jun 8, 2019

script, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Thx for the weekly:)

Have a nice weekend all, public holiday on Monday in several parts of the world, so a Loooooooooong WE is here.

Cheers, script

Saliou likes this.
  16. meatandy Nougat Jun 8, 2019

meatandy, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update , I'll be back to finish the camera survey later.

Saliou likes this.
  17. Saliou Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2019

Saliou, Jun 8, 2019 :
    Nice weekly @Trista W. [e]1f604[/e]

Thanks to the whole team for the excellent work they provided especially for the Camera of OnePlus 7 Pro

Happy Dragon Boat Festival

1559998476192.jpg

Humm Glutinous Rice, I like it

1559998551538.jpg
    Great Weekend Everyone

G_plusone likes this.
  18. Helder_DAlmeida Gingerbread Jun 8, 2019

19. genso84 Froyo Jun 8, 2019

genso84, Jun 8, 2019 :
    The 2 wasn't really a good device. So much lag and throttling throughout the whole OS due to the 810 Chip. The X was just a niche product where you can't expect long term support.

20. the_reckoner Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 8, 2019

....just like the OnePlus 7 which doesn't have a global footprint and going by the chatter probably hasn't sold as much as OnePlus would like. It's in many ways a "niche" product like the X and is "substandard" compared to the pro....

If the messaging from OnePlus isn't on par with the same phone released in the same timeframe then it is an afterthought and will likely not receive long term support.

What worries me the most is that it's already being ignored when it was just released last week.

G_Long_She_QfzF and Predict23 like this.