Weekly Update 288: We prepare for an invasion, record the longest day and listen to you

1. Crystal Z. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 21, 2019

Crystal Z., Jun 21, 2019 :
    Forum.png

Attention! Attention! There’ll be a batch of invaders coming to OnePlus HQ in early July. All OnePlusers please be prepared. Again! These invaders are coming from various countries, please prepare your warmest welcome and sweetest smile to meet them.

You might wonder who could possibly be invading OnePlus HQ, that deserves this warm reception from every OnePlus member. They are a batch of our dearest friends in the community who keep supporting it and helping as many friends here as possible. Thank you for your contribution and we hope you enjoy the upcoming OnePlus HQ trip! If you want to know more, keep on the lookout for a soon to be released thread about it.

Let’s get back to the point and have a look back at this week’s highlights.

Community contests never end
    This week, we introduced a new campaign for EU users, inviting you to share your best videos for a chance to win a OnePlus 7 Pro and there’ll also be more awards for your best photos. So #GoExplore and record your life. For North American users, please take a look at the Chicago Photo Walk, @Ruby G. is giving away OnePlus Baseball Caps! And it seems the winners from Global Tutorial Competition are finally getting their community meet-ups. Check the recap for the Italian meet-up and click here to apply to join the Hyderabad meet-up with @Szymon K..

Besides, there’re lots of ongoing contests for the OnePlus 7 Series, make sure you don’t miss the chance to win some fantastic prizes:
    Your voice matters
    We’ve done a lot of surveys this month, and it turns out that your voice is heard.
    You might want to bookmark @Shine L. ’s update thread as she will keep updating it with further FAQs in this thread. And our camera blind test result proves that we’re on the right track. Still, true to Never Settle, we want to improve it further, so if you have time, please fill out a new camera survey here. @Its.Leandroo made a comprehensive summary about the launcher survey, and he will bring his insights to OnePlus HQ and talk to the software team about it in early July. Let’s see what can be done with those high-rating changes.

Good reads from the week
    Off-topic
    We had a talk with Pete this morning, about our vision and Never Settle spirit. And we also had delicious food and drinks to commemorate the longest day of the year. What about you?

pete.png xiazhi.png

Hope you enjoyed the week as much as we did and stay tuned for the upcoming weekend fun time!

2. luxuskamel Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

3. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 21, 2019

Cheetosdust, Jun 21, 2019 :
    I'm sure it's @dsmonteiro

Oh, deserving of a warm reception? Maybe it's not him then. :D

I'm kidding, I'm kidding, calm down, you awesome person. :p

Happy weekend everyone and safe travels to those flying to China. :cool:

4. Crystal Z. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 21, 2019

Lol, @dsmonteiro doesn't deserve a warm reception any more:D:D he deserves hugs from us

5. GopalB. Nougat Jun 21, 2019

GopalB., Jun 21, 2019 :
    This sounds interesting!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Wait today is the longest day!!! I remember I read something like that in school!!! [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

My week was meh as most of my weeks... [​IMG]
    Have a great weekend everyone... [​IMG]

6. luxuskamel Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

luxuskamel, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Captain entering the Beehive

7. Plenkske Dutch POC Assistant Head Moderator Jun 21, 2019

Plenkske, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update @Crystal Z.
    Thats looking really good !
    Also I wonder, the picture on top of this thread, is it from the Netherlands ? Really looks like it.

What about me: I'm working today and tonight I will celebrate the graduation of my girlfriend with a nice dinner.

8. hennes Lollipop Jun 21, 2019

9. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 21, 2019

Hihi, give him a hug from me too - and a kick in the shin, that's how we say hello here in Portugal :D:p

Many congratulations to your girlfriend :cool:

10. script Nougat Moderator Jun 21, 2019

script, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Good evening from an invader

OMG

O. M. G.

Best weekend to all

11. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 21, 2019

camohan, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Happy Weekend everyone. My schedule for weekend is baby sitting my 2 year boy.

Invaders remind me of
    200.gif

B_Wrath, David Y., manuel19 and 8 others like this.
  12. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 21, 2019

Hah, are you sure it's not the other way around? :rolleyes::p

jlasensiofi, superplus and script like this.
  13. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 21, 2019

camohan, Jun 21, 2019 :
    ahhaa no, may be later when I become more older...!!

superplus, SoniaB and Cheetosdust like this.
  14. the_o2 Marshmallow Jun 21, 2019

the_o2, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Enjoy your weekend :)

15. Cheetosdust Starting Point Expert Jun 21, 2019

And the best part is that you can use these posts as evidence if he doesn't believe you once took care of him :D

Sooo....

Hellooooo, Camohan Jr. from the future. Your dad was a great guy back in 2019, yes, when our cars didn't fly. Take good care of him now and don't forget that even if he swings his cane at you, he still loves you very much. :cool:

jlasensiofi, superplus and SoniaB like this.
  16. Crystal Z. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jun 21, 2019

script

Good evening from an invader

OMG

O. M. G.

Best weekend to all​

Finally we are in the same timezone, good evening and have a great weekend.

17. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jun 21, 2019

camohan, Jun 21, 2019 :
    oh Thanks. Let me quote it so that you cant delete later. I will show this as an external evidence. Juniors name is "Aarav" meaning peaceful. But he is notorious actually.

Cheetosdust likes this.
  18. meatandy Oreo Jun 21, 2019

meatandy, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Thanks for the weekly report , I've been on vacation this week enjoying my free time .

One question , Will the 7pro eventually be offered in exchange for referral points ? ( I have already asked customer support a week ago without receiving an answer to date ).

19. rarog Lollipop Senior Moderator Jun 21, 2019

rarog, Jun 21, 2019 :
    This timezone has some beautiful things to see.
    Image2899501683735035739.jpg

20. theshinybeast Marshmallow Jun 21, 2019

theshinybeast, Jun 21, 2019 :
    Hey @Crystal Z. It's also customary in Bilbao to kick him on the other shin and give him a wee slap from Ireland. Customs are strange things, eh?

ps when you slap him, whisper in his ear, @theshinybeast says hello

Last edited: Jun 21, 2019

cdnfarmer, superplus, SoniaB and 4 others like this.