Weekly Update 291: We Tied a Bead for Every Sweet Memory into a Necklace

1. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 12, 2019

Trista W., Jul 12, 2019 :
    WU.png

Hello everyone,

How time flies! We're already more than halfway through 2019, and I believe it's all the interesting happenings within our community that made me unaware of time passing by.

In every end, there is also a beginning:kissingheart:
    Firstly, I have to scream a ‘miss you’ to our moderators. We went through a splendid and unforgettable trip with 20 moderators from each corner of the world. They are those who help build up and maintain our vibrant forum and always reach out and volunteer to help in our offline gatherings. As a small gesture of appreciation, we brought everyone together at the second Global Community Moderator Event in Shenzhen last week! In HQ, our mods were able to meet @Pete and many other people from staff, discussing several topics of prominence. And also a huge thanks to @Ruby G. for her lovely recap and thanks to every moderator for passing along the feedback collected from the community.

屏幕快照 2019-07-12 下午6.33.42.png

Your OnePlus chronicle
    After intense F2F talk with our moderators, we do sense the amazing stories behind every username. Be it your experiences in offline events like Open Ears Forums, launch events, and pop-ups, or about your online interactions, we would love to hear it from you. Eagerly anticipating your input here.

Regions’ headlines

[EU]
    • #OnePlusGoExplore
    Thanks for everyone involved in #OnePlusGoExplore-The Longest day and with your help, we produced our biggest crowdsourced film ever.

Summer doesn’t stop here. This week's challenge is Never Alone. Share here with the greatest warmth you felt for a chance to win something big!​
    • OnePlus Gaming Café
    We’ve teamed up with our friends over at Three UK to open the OnePlus Gaming Café! On the second floor of their Oxford Street store, you’ll find an exhibition dedicated to the history of gaming. Charting everything from Super Mario Land on the original Gameboy, to Fortnite on the OnePlus 7 Pro – the future of handheld gaming – you’ll have the opportunity to play them all. Check here for more address and invitation details!​
    • OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Survey
    Community feedback is at the heart of everything we do. As some of you have already been using the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G for a while, we'd love to hear what you think, so please fill out this survey and we may be in touch!​

[NA]
    • FIFA Women’s World Cup
    Big congratulations to the US Women's soccer team for recently winning the FIFA Women's World Cup! And our special correspondent, @Brady R., reported us a celebration parade streets away from our NYC office.

na fifa.png

[IN]
    • Cricket Scores Contest: Road to the Finals!
    We know Indians are good at cricket, and maybe even better at watching cricket. But what’s the next best thing Indians can do with cricket? Well, the answer should be Match Predictions. @Joel Jacob prepared a fun contest for you to display your prediction talents. Don’t miss it here.​
    • OxygenOS-India Specific features
    As we build more India-specific features based on your feedback, we will be starting a separate Closed Beta testing group to take a test drive of our new upcoming India Specific features. Check more details here and let’s shape the OxygenOS together.​

Last but not least
    • OxygenOS 9.5.9 for the OnePlus 7 Pro is on its way of incremental roll-out. And thank you for all your feedback that helps us improve.
    • The new Community app 2.6.0 Beta update brings with it the Dark Theme feature and was released on the Google Play Store today. To try it out, please join our Community app Beta program.
    That's all for this week, enjoy your weekend and summer moments.:)

2. GopalB. Nougat Jul 13, 2019

GopalB., Jul 13, 2019 :
    Looks like community dark mode wasn't important enough to be covered in weekly update... :rolleyes:
    Also am I the only one who can't view the updated ladder system thread??? o_O

Great update, have a great weekend everyone... :D

3. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

B_Wrath, Jul 13, 2019 :
    You beat me to it:p
    Even I can't view the thread.

Great update @Trista W.
    Add the news about dark mode and correct the ladder thread link please:rolleyes:

4. GopalB. Nougat Jul 13, 2019

GopalB., Jul 13, 2019 :
    It's not correction I guess... Maybe that thread is not live yet... :rolleyes:

5. Trista W. Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 13, 2019

Trista W., Jul 13, 2019 :
    Thanks for heads-up, fixed.;)

DRCH, script, Predict23 and 6 others like this.
  6. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

B_Wrath, Jul 13, 2019 :
    Permission problems. It's hidden. Maybe Trista can see it and she thought it is live.

Shivang Joshi and GopalB. like this.
  7. B_Wrath Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

B_Wrath, Jul 13, 2019 :
    You removed it all together:unamused:

Shivang Joshi likes this.
  8. GopalB. Nougat Jul 13, 2019

GopalB., Jul 13, 2019 :
    Told ya, it wasn't live yet... :tearsofjoy:
    Be we know the secret now... ;)

Shivang Joshi, G_plusone and B_Wrath like this.
  9. camohan Marshmallow Moderator Jul 13, 2019

camohan, Jul 13, 2019 :
    tenor (4).gif Miss you too lovely people.

Wow quiet an eventful week so much to share.. Have a happy weekend.

10. G_plusone Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

11. YRJ Lollipop Jul 13, 2019

YRJ, Jul 13, 2019 :
    Updated Ladder system, when? :p

luxuskamel likes this.
  12. drmartin Lollipop Moderator Jul 13, 2019

drmartin, Jul 13, 2019 :
    That was quick!! :D Thanks for the amazing update!! :D

moses0563 and script like this.
  13. luxuskamel Lollipop Jul 13, 2019

script likes this.
  14. G_Lukas_Zöllner_(zettel Donut Jul 13, 2019

15. Z1561981315943 Cupcake Jul 13, 2019

16. TibiTibi Nougat Jul 13, 2019

script likes this.
  17. script Nougat Moderator Jul 13, 2019

script, Jul 13, 2019 :
    Aww Trista, and all staff friends and mod mates,

I miss you too. I'm still not really back to normal state, here back in Cologne. So many memories and impressions to remember, and to sort. What an amazing time we had.

Have a good WE all,

Rüdi

pikota and TibiTibi like this.
  18. Dukkied Honeycomb Jul 13, 2019

19. J1557410854041 Donut Jul 13, 2019

20. theshinybeast Marshmallow Jul 13, 2019

theshinybeast, Jul 13, 2019 :
    A superb troll @Trista W.
    Genuinely impressed.:rolleyes:

Might be a bit too soon though.