Weekly Update 293: We make commitments for a better product and listen to user feedback

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jul 26, 2019

Crystal Z. , Jul 26, 2019 :
    WeeklyUpdate293-WeeklyUpdate-Forum.png

Hello friends,

What are your plans for the weekend during the summertime? In China, the sun is what stops us from outdoor activities. Hence what we usually do in the weekend is either staying at home for a whole weekend, or sleeping until noon, watching a movie with friends in a mall, and taking a walk in the park at night. Here, AC is what makes us survive in the daytime. Is it the same situation in your country?

Well, if you're relaxing like me at the weekend, let’s take a look back at what happened this week.

Camera Open Ears Forum & upcoming AMA
    Last weekend, @Nigel Rijkhoek and the team invited 25 users from Europe to Amsterdam, to discuss the camera product and collecting feedback upon OxygenOS new prototypes. It was a productive event with quite a few commitment for 2020; you may check this recap to learn more details.
    Meanwhile, considering that most of our community was not able to join the offline event, we've invited @Jimmy Z., the camera product manager, to Community for an AMA next Monday. If you have camera-related questions, feel free to ask in this thread.

Bonus from E-commerce
    Earlier this week, @David LiuZW announced the free shipping voucher on accessories for OnePlus 6/6T/7/7Pro phone users. To be honest, I was impressed when Pete made that commitment; it was the first time I witnessed first-hand user-feedback being directly implemented. And it happened so fast! A big shout-out to e-commerce team for making this happen in the long run.

Besides, we've received requests upon updating the referral system. After sharing it with E-com team, we are told that there’ll be an update soon. There will be OnePlus 7 Pro and more items added into the referral program. Do you have enough referral points? Learn how to earn it here.

Contests that you might be interested in
    • It’s the last week of EU's GoExplore campaign with the topic of Never Settle. We believe there’re many moments that you never settled, record it and share it for the chances to win the Bullets Wireless 2.
    • We’ve boomed up to 2.6K replies in Shot on OnePlus July contest. Hence we decided to upgrade the award amount to 10 for next month.
      [​IMG]
    • The Wallpaper contest is also popular, but don't forget that creativity comes first.
    • New Raffles available! - We have 3 Type-C Bullets and 3 Never Settle S’well Bottle to give away. Congrats to @toastytoast1234 for exchanging the Messenger Bag, this might be the last one we give away in community because we've ran out of stock.

OxygenOS Updates
    This week, OxygenOS 9.0.7 has rolled out to OnePlus 5/5T users, bringing some new features, such as Screen Recorder, Quick reply in landscape, Fnatic mode, etc. Also, we’ve released an open beta for OnePlus 6/6T, with brand new UI and DC Diming in OnePlus Laboratory. We hope you are enjoying these new features.

Last but not least, the weekend fun time will certainly make you laugh, make sure to check it out. And I'd really like to recommend you this video.

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

2. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Jul 26, 2019

G_plusone , Jul 26, 2019 :
    The Sun Never stopped us playing in the Outdoors :p we have high 30 s in Celsius even reach 40s in summer.
    But it made it difficult for continuous play more breaks to gulp down water and even pour on ourselves to cool down
    Yaaaaayyyy :p

Have a great Weekend everyone

RaviJaya7, Crystal Z., aenews and 8 others like this.
  3. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 26, 2019

gaster , Jul 26, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update Crystal. It is a warm week here. Finally had some time to go to the beach. Everyone, have a sweet weekend!

4. keithnyc
    Lollipop Moderator Jul 26, 2019

5. YRJ
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2019

YRJ , Jul 26, 2019 :
    Thanks for the well rounded up weekly, Crystal!
    It's bad that the weather is harsh on ya'll but I hope that the AC helps you cope :p

Meanwhile, here in India, Bengaluru. The mercury has dipped, I sleep to rains and wake up to drizzles. Feels like dawn even as the clock ticks 12!
    This is one of the reasons Bengaluru is famous. @Trista W. was here recently, I hope she liked the weather too :)
    To sum it up, it's just perfect! Here's what it looks like :p
    LRM_EXPORT_375381458786592_20190726_225755468.jpeg
    LRM_EXPORT_375171121245162_20190726_225425131.jpeg
    Wow!! Finally. @meatandy grab it ;)
    So toastytoast is now officially, the last recipient of the Messenger bag :D
    Congrats!!

Have a relaxing weekend, everyone! Hope you can warp charge your batteries for the upcoming week ;)

6. TGardner
    Gingerbread Jul 26, 2019

TGardner , Jul 26, 2019 :
    It regularly gets above 100°F -110°F (37°C -43°C)here in Texas. Doesn't really stop people from going out to enjoy themselves. You get used to it. It would such without having a/c but we make do. Thanks for continuing to put these updates out and describing OnePlus's plans. I really appreciate that.

buntycubal and G_plusone like this.
  7. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Jul 26, 2019

luxuskamel , Jul 26, 2019 :
    Thanks for the update Crystal!

I wish there was a OxygenOS Open Ears soon and near

8. C1559432747472
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

C1559432747472 , Jul 26, 2019 :
    [QUOTE = "G_plusone, post: 20591502, miembro: 1000584"] El Sol Nunca nos detuvo jugando al aire libre. : pagTenemos 30 s en Celsius, incluso alcanzamos los 40 s en verano.
    Pero hizo difícil para los juegos más descansos tragar agua e incluso verternos a nosotros mismos para enfriarnos.

Yaaaaayyyy : pag

Tengan un gran fin de semana a todos [/ CITA]
    Hol

9. C1559432747472
    Cupcake Jul 26, 2019

10. nTECHIE
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2019

11. southaven1981
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2019

southaven1981 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    I work at an Auto parts store in Mississippi. USA. So I work every single weekend. But it is okay. I get used to not having a weekend off but it would be nice to have time to spend with the family or working on my side projects.

12. dcmcc24
    KitKat Jul 27, 2019

dcmcc24 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Nice update, excited to hear more about the referral points changes. I'd like to be able to use points to purchase a percentage of a phone as well. Say for instance if I have 3000 points, it should take roughly $300 off the price of the phone.

borysq3 and cdnfarmer like this.
  13. TibiTibi
    Nougat Jul 27, 2019

TibiTibi , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Updated. Thank you.
    Now thunderstorms are breaking the weekend plans.

Waiting the AMA.

14. Tzats5
    Eclair Jul 27, 2019

DavideG. likes this.
  15. script
    Nougat Moderator Jul 27, 2019

script , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Good morning all, and thx for this weekly, Crystal. Yes, the soop contest thread is a huge success. I know it. As @cdnfarmer and me are checking and preselection every single picture in these current days.

The heatwave seems to take a break, only 29º today expected.

Have a good WE all,

Script

16. LOCKDOWN117
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 27, 2019

LOCKDOWN117 , Jul 27, 2019 :
    View attachment 1073529

you can see the difference here with the
    1.lack of texture
    2.sharpeness
    i dont understand why oneplus has same issue its like a beta phone that gets fixed at the end of its 1 year term
    the same issue was present on my previous OP5(water paint)
    please kindly take it into consideration and fix the issues

also i have few questions regarding the OP7 if it truly has an F1.7 as claimed as the other softwares such as adobe PS,Lightroom show it as F1.8 instead?

1564212336116.jpg

1564212336153.jpg
    also the F1.8 on asus is shown as F1.7 on oneplus gallery app? is the app on default to read 12mp as F1.7?

17. TibiTibi
    Nougat Jul 27, 2019

TibiTibi , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Yesterday over 35.
    Today under 20.
    This is the actual state through the window.

Ice cubes are falling.

script and Shivang Joshi like this.
  18. Area1
    Cupcake Jul 27, 2019

19. faisal.sidekick
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

20. Andy lone
    Gingerbread Jul 27, 2019

Andy lone , Jul 27, 2019 :
    Great newsletter keep updates coming guys and ga!s