Weekly Update 300: OnePlus TV design & Tweet with #OxygenOS for a tree

1. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:00 PM

Hee H. , Sep 13, 2019 at 2:00 PM :
    Forum (3).png

Hey, settlers of the planet Never Settle!

What are you up to this weekend? As for the OnePlus headquarter, all the staff members are enjoying their three-day Mid-Autumn Festival holiday, a jubilant time centered around family reunion and delicious moon cakes. Look up the global holiday calendar, you will see people around the world are also celebrating their own holidays and commemorating special events.

2222.png

Whatever day it is, enjoy! Also, enjoy the roundup of big going-ons of the week!

1. OnePlus in Spotlight
    OnePlus TV: No detail is too small
    @Pete continues to tease the upcoming OnePlus TV with Twitter posts that shed light upon the product's delicate design, showing our utmost attention to detail and pursuit of craftsmanship.

批注 2019-09-13 131650.png

1500 days of OxygenOS: Tweet with #OxygenOS for a tree
    September 13, 2019 marked the 1500th day of OxygenOS, a clean and elegant OS that powers our smartphones. We named our operating system ‘OxygenOS’ because Oxygen is that element we can't do without and constantly need to survive. However, the Oxygen we breathe is under threat today and it is only befitting that we do whatever we can to contribute back. That's why we have decided to do something meaningful - partnering with WWF India. For every tweet with #OxygenOS, we will plant one tree! Visit the post to see how to be a part of it.
    untitled.png

2. OnePlus Community Highlights
    CUBE star thread: Apple Event – 2019 | iPhone 11 and everything else!
    From Apple Arcade, iPadOS to Apple TV+, @YRJ, one of our tech-savvy users, gave us an amazingly detailed summary of what went by at the Apple Event. Thanks for empowering our Community with professional insights. Look forward to seeing more of your briefings on worldwide tech events!

Zen Mode 1.3.0 Unlocks More Options of Usage Time
    Since Zen Mode was launched, an increasing number of OnePlus users began to use this function. Having a hard time resisting the temptations of “Kill Time” apps? Want to stay more focused and develop reading habits? @Gary C. introduced ways to make better use of Zen Mode 1.3.0.to get rid of the "overly burdened" experience with mobile phones.
    1123521-674cb3febe8a03f062e29351f00f9faa (1).png

US Brand Ambassadors Discuss: The Future of Smartphone Cameras
    OnePlus Community is an open space for us to envision the better future we want. This week, @AbhishekS287 and @alexhpeterson were invited to discuss the hardware and software that could be in the phone of the future.

The envision of a better future is what pushes us to make greater achievement. Envision on, OnePlusers!

The “Paciest” Phone in America – DL Speed Faceoff
    This week, we saw in Forbes that OpenSignal has listed the OnePlus 7 Pro as the fastest phone in America when it comes to 4G download speeds. It’s one thing to read these impressive accolades about the OnePlus 7 Pro online and another to experience the speed of our devices IRL. Hence, we have initiated a community challenge: DL Speed Faceoff. The first 100 people to post their results will win a limited-edition OnePlus 7 Pro White Sandstone case. Check out this link to participate.
    3333.png

Community Game Night: The rematch!

@dsmonteiro is asking for a rematch on Community Game Night in a few hours. Deadly battle? Who will win the fight? Visit the thread to know more!

Also, @dsmonteiro invites us to take new, amazing shots of your favorite products in Weekly Mobile Photography Challenge #12: Product Photography. Grab all your fancy products and start snapping!

3. Tech News Lookout
    - Dark mode finally rolling out for Gmail on Android
    - Google Maps adds tools to find drug addiction recovery resources
    - Facebook defends use of location data as Android 10, iOS 13 tighten the location access
    - McDonald's uses AI for ordering at drive-throughs

4. OnePlus Tech Chitchat
    As for today's discussion: What’s the ugliest tech design you have ever seen? Share your opinion to show off your ‘Never Settle’ esthetics. Be sure to be PICKY! Have fun!

1116941-b338fe2dad4cbe8d50047c8f96de9646 (1).jpg
    (photo via talented @LightningXIII)​

manuel19, eimabtuks, Raul6 and 81 others like this.
  2. Moin2200
    KitKat Sep 13, 2019 at 2:04 PM

Moin2200 , Sep 13, 2019 at 2:04 PM :
    Congrats on 300 weeks of updates! Its crazy that you guys have stuck by updating for so long. And i still remember the original post where you announced the weekly updates.
    Many thought it wouldn't last long. :)

As for ugly tech designs:
    [​IMG]
    The band aid color of the s5 still weirds me out to this day. :confused:

For a more modern weird design::D
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2019 at 2:41 AM

3. mspatil.92
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2019 at 2:05 PM

Hee H. likes this.
  4. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:11 PM

5. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2019 at 2:33 PM

Starcommander likes this.
  6. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:38 PM

7. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2019 at 2:40 PM

8. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2019 at 2:42 PM

Impersonal , Sep 13, 2019 at 2:42 PM :
    @LightningXIII 's caligrapy is something beautifull to look at, it takes time and tallent, but the results are always awesome and inspiring!

As for ugly designs, I'll mention something I owned (even if for a little bit), and it was of a atrocious/strange design : The LG G4, I've had the G3 and it was awesome, probably the best of that year, then came the G4... From the front it was ok, the back... Well just have a look at it:
    lg-g4-4612.jpg
    Needless to say, I've returned it, since I don't go crocodile hunting, it also smelled funny....

9. __aa_vi__
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019 at 2:46 PM

ahmetkkn07 likes this.
  10. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Hee H. , Sep 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM :
    :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:I think it looks not bad. But it's funny that your phone got smelll~~~~~ LOL

11. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM

Impersonal , Sep 13, 2019 at 2:48 PM :
    The Samsung Galaxy S5 "Band-Aids", my 2nd choice of ugly stupid design, although a great phone all round, and in the white version (that I've had) less band-aidy ;)
    images.jpeg

12. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:50 PM

Attached Files:

Starcommander likes this.
  13. PatrickNL
    Froyo Sep 13, 2019 at 2:51 PM

Starcommander and Hee H. like this.
  14. __aa_vi__
    Gingerbread Sep 13, 2019 at 2:52 PM

15. Impersonal
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 13, 2019 at 2:53 PM

Impersonal , Sep 13, 2019 at 2:53 PM :
    ;)) It was the back of the phone, not a case, probably moist, from hands, and the heating from the device, made it smelly....

16. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:54 PM

Attached Files:

Impersonal likes this.
  17. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:55 PM

18. Hee H.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Sep 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM

Hee H. , Sep 13, 2019 at 2:59 PM :
    :laughing::laughing::laughing: That's the point of this design. Whenever you can't find the phone, you just have to smell...

19. script
    Nougat Moderator Sep 13, 2019 at 3:03 PM

script , Sep 13, 2019 at 3:03 PM :
    Nice weekly :)

I'm at work atm and also a little sick, so I will maybe post something funny and meaningful later. For the moment it's a conundrum.

Have a nice Friday and WE all :)

Edit: found something. Hopefully funny enough

Last edited: Sep 13, 2019 at 3:35 PM

20. Helder_DAlmeida
    Honeycomb Sep 13, 2019 at 3:05 PM