Weekly Update 303: We send a rescue team to the streets of London

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Oct 4, 2019

dsmonteiro , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Forum - Weekly303.png

Hey everyone,

With @David Y. enjoying a few days of well-deserved holiday rest, it's up to this David to report on everything that went down this week. I will do my best to not let him down. So, let's dive right in and check what happened this week!

A new SoOP month starts
    As October starts, so does a new Shot on OnePlus thread. This month's topic is Macro photography, a chance for you to discover a vast new world of tiny details. By getting up and close, you'll be able to explore new subjects and perspectives (and possibly win the Bullets Wireless 2!).
    Pro-tip: If you just bought the OnePlus 7T, be sure to try the Super macro mode (and don't forget to enter The Lab Review Challenge).

Don't know what to shoot? @NeVeR_SeTTLe and @B.I.T.S. already shared two great examples:

Never_Settle.jpg BITS.jpeg

T-6: Countdown to London!
    It's official, tickets for the London OnePlus 7T Series Launch Event are sold out! If you're joining us there, do let us know in the comments below! If not, we invite you to check our Behind the Scenes thread, where we'll be sharing an inside view of the keynote and everything around it.

If all you need is to have some hands-on time with the 7T Series, you can instead join us in one of our pop-up events across the world, be it US, India or EU. If you want to know more about the pop-ups, you either check this recap thread. And if you're still on the fence on whether you should visit the New York pop-up, @Ruby G. makes a few compelling arguments here.

The OnePlus TV experts are here
    This week, @Todd W. and @Steven X. joined forces to make your OnePlus TV experience as smooth as possible. Todd shared a comprehensive Q&A thread, while Steven posted a series of helpful How-to's. If you want to make the best of your brand-new OnePlus TV, be sure to check those threads.

#WarpChargeSOS to the rescue
    Low-battery anxiety is a thing (science says so). To help you fight it, OnePlus took #WarpChargeSOS to the streets of London, our unique battery rescue service. And we won't stop there! Amsterdam and Utrecht on October 5 and Helsinki on October 9 are the next stops. If you find yourself in a pickle, be sure to tweet #WarpChargeSOS!

IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0261.JPG IMG_0281.JPG

Also this week
    • @scotty137, a US brand ambassador, wrote an in-depth article about Qualcomm's Snapdragon 855+, the SoC that powers the OnePlus 7T.
    • We remembered OnePlus 6T McLaren Edition's unboxing experience, bold looks and uncompromising specs.
    • We announced #OnePlusonCampus Texas Tour 2019 (and its cool prizes!)
    • @Manu J. shared a bit more information about the India-specific Smart SMS feature.
    That's it for this week! It's now time to start packing and get ready to fly to London. Can't wait to meet the Community at the London launch event. Have a great weekend!

2. YRJ
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2019

YRJ , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Have a great time at the launch in London!
    Looking forward to a lot of pics from the event :D

Happy launch ;)
    Have a great weekend everyone!

Saliou, suhantm, Thendrack and 10 others like this.

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Oct 4, 2019

Cheetosdust , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Hey!

Who?

Are you sure you're not responsible for that?

Is everything OK? Your repetitive use of the word "down" is starting to worry me.

Tiny, up and close? That explains my previous quote. Down indeed.

Science is a myth, my good man. It's all about ointments these days.

Can an ointment prove that claim? No? exactly my point.

Didn't expect you too. It's called nagging.

If I find myself in a pickle, I'll just enjoy the two buns I have below and above me, thank you very much .

With an "o" or with an "a"?

Don't forget the plane will land on the left side of the track there (have a safe flight ;))

I get it, I won't be there. Don't need to be that excited not to meet me.

All kidding aside, have a great weekend my good man and safe travels back to Europe.

And a great weekend for everyone that's reading this sentence. Be inspired and do something beautiful. :cool:

Last edited: Oct 4, 2019

5. JelleZon
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2019

khalid etm and suraj1595 like this.
  6. dsmonteiro

lordshogun11 and suraj1595 like this.
  8. dsmonteiro

Nothing funny about saving people in distress! (well, maybe in this case :D)

9. Cheetosdust

I have a question related with the community for you, @dsmonteiro

You know how we all hang around and try to make this place a nicer one. In that sense, I feel like this community is a choir of voices, each unique, but making a difference. Hope you agree with me so far.

Since you consult the community, my question is: If we have a few of these together, are we actually making them a community? I feel like those have a voice too, so if we gather a few of them, we are actually making a choir, no?

Thank you, community hornsultant :cool:

10. dsmonteiro

com·mu·ni·ty
    /kəˈmyo͞onədē/

noun
    a group of people living in the same place or having a particular characteristic in common.

Sorry, nope.

suraj1595 likes this.
  12. otto2
    Lollipop Oct 4, 2019

otto2 , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Hello together, already waiting for the Launch Event, hope to meet @dsmonteiro again and some more community and staff members, too.
    Luckily @cdnfarmer will participate too, so chancws are high for a Un-official London photowalk with some of the best photographers using Oneplus devices. Who else would like to join us?

13. GovardStark
    Cupcake Oct 4, 2019

14. B.I.T.S.
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2019

15. Moin2200
    KitKat Oct 4, 2019

Moin2200 , Oct 4, 2019 :
    Can't wait for launch. We are lucky that we get the device same date as soon as the keynote ends.

16. Cheetosdust

Are you telling me you were not a consultant on the TV series?

I'm sure that hurts like a crown of horns :rolleyes:

Get it? Thorns, horns, the link I shared? Hello? 1-2?

17. LamarFrazier
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

LamarFrazier , Oct 4, 2019 :
    still waiting for Android 10 update for my 7 Pro. is there a timetable when everyone will have it???

art.lees, Fayaz5c and Impersonal like this.
  18. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Oct 4, 2019

19. hemanth_mudra
    Froyo Oct 4, 2019

20. dsmonteiro