Weekly Update 309: Feedback, articles and reviews

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Nov 15, 2019

dsmonteiro , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Week 309.png

Hey everyone,

I don't know about you, but, for me, this week has flown by. With the weekend around the corner, it's time for a new weekly update, so let's get right down to it!

Feedback all the things
    Your feedback is truly important to us and it's the foundation of everything we do. @Tom B. shared a few examples on how that feedback helped us shape Customer Service in the last three quarters while also giving a glimpse on what's to come.
    Feedback can come in many ways. This week, we launched a survey about Translation and also invited you to become a Zen Mode Beta tester.
    And if you have any feedback unrelated to these topics, the Feedback tool in Community app is your friend ;) (you can also access it through the web here).

A few articles for the weekend
    Fancy something to read during the weekend? This week we had several articles that might pique your interest. From Deep Dives to interviews, there should be something for you:
    We're also happy to announce the first two winners from 7T Series The Lab Series: @thoma_hawk and @YRJ, welcome to The Lab Hall of Fame!
    If you haven't read their reviews yet, be sure to check the threads below:
    And if you bought a OnePlus 7T Pro or 7T Pro McLaren Edition, time is running out! Don't miss your chance to enter The Lab to win a reimbursement for your order or a custom device with your name engraved. Check this thread to know more. You can increase your chances of winning something by entering the new Raffles! Up for grabs are 5 Never Settle McLaren T-shirts and 3 OnePlus 7T Red Silicone Bumper cases.

OnePlus Music Festival is about to start in Mumbai and I would love to be there (I will still check the Livestream)! If you're joining, feel free to make me jealous by leaving your best photos in the comments below. OnePlus India Twitter account already started sharing!

EJKogfuVAAMqRiV.jpg large.jpg

2. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 15, 2019

superplus , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Congrats @thoma_hawk and @YRJ, they're excellent reviews!

And... @dsmonteiro... what does the back of the McLaren raffles T-shirt look like? ;) jk, have a nice weekend ^^

Edit: P.S. to those who are going, enjoy the festival! I guess that includes Tilen and Manu :p

3. Karan_sharmaa
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

Karan_sharmaa , Nov 15, 2019 :
    guys r u kidding???????

no weekly update about OP 6/6t Android 10!!!

#disappointed
    Honestly too much delay!

4. dm00389731
    Gingerbread Nov 15, 2019

5. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Nov 15, 2019

Impersonal , Nov 15, 2019 :
    @dsmonteiro nice sum of awesome threads, just found out about the interviews, I'll surely check them asap...

Congratulations @YRJ, @thoma_hawk and all the other who actually participated in the lab challenge, fantastic work guys !
    giphy.gif

6. script
    Nougat Moderator Nov 15, 2019

jlasensiofi, manuel19, otto2 and 5 others like this.
  7. B.I.T.S.
    KitKat Nov 15, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Such an intense week indeed!

I'm glad that The Lab reviews happened since a OnePlus 7T might be under the three this Christmas in my house :rolleyes:

Congrats again to the big winners and the raffle point winners!

I support @superplus question, we want a 360º view of the T-Shirts!

8. HonzaK
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

HonzaK , Nov 15, 2019 :
    I have a question. on my phone 7t next the wifi and vibration icon is a oblong icon, what is it?
    1573843787790.jpg

9. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Nov 15, 2019

Cheetosdust , Nov 15, 2019 :
    He's clearly hiding something in there.

And with that, we now know the back of the T-shirt is not a picture of a fancy hat - because god knows how much @dsmonteiro likes to show off his hats.

Let's put it like this: if @dsmonteiro was a peacock, the hats were his feathers. A little ironic comparing him to a peacock due to his negative hair situation, I know, but here we are. :D

Have a great weekend, everyone. ;)

PS: @dsmonteiro this is just an innocent joke. I know that you are not a peacock. You just wear peacocks as hats and that's fine. You do you, gurl.

10. YRJ
    Lollipop Nov 15, 2019

YRJ , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Thanks for the well rounded up weekly update dsmonteiro!
    Thanks @superplus :)
    Thanks a lot impersonal! Appreciate it :)

11. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Nov 15, 2019

superplus , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Yes, wayyy more threads than I got notifications for :rolleyes:

This is a very interesting way to phrase that... :D Either you are thinking of gifting it to someone in your house, you just happen to know a great place to acquire trees that come with 7Ts... :p no, that is not tttttttrees, you cheeky cheeto you ;-p
    or, well, whatever it is, I'm sure it'll be a great Christmas either way! even without the seven seventies teas <3

Hear, hear :cool:

12. Kush_Ghuraiya
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2019

Kush_Ghuraiya , via OnePlus 6T , Nov 15, 2019 :
    whoever from the company reading my comment , please gift me a new phone , as my OnePlus 6T is no longer in existence with OnePlus !...

being a tech enthusiastic person i need latest software , more open beta's ! but OnePlus 6 series has lost all communication with the host !...

13. Ray_ofLight
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2019

Ray_ofLight , Nov 15, 2019 :

HonzaK

I have a question. on my phone 7t next the wifi and vibration icon is a oblong icon, what is it?
    View attachment 1182602

It denotes you are using Portrait orientation. Click on Auto-rotate in quick toggle and this icon will disappear.

otto2 likes this.
  14. B.I.T.S.
    KitKat Nov 15, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Nov 15, 2019 :
    A tree with a 7T included could be a nice selling product... :rolleyes:

Since I dislike Christmas I do hope they will be great at least :p

15. HonzaK
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

HonzaK , Nov 15, 2019 :
    And where is on off? Please.

16. Ray_ofLight
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2019

Ray_ofLight , Nov 15, 2019 :
    I have mentioned the solution in my previous comment

otto2 likes this.
  17. D1572406744864
    Eclair Nov 15, 2019

D1572406744864 , via OnePlus 7T , Nov 15, 2019 :
    there are lots of fault in one plus 7t.... battery backup very less... heating issue...touch pad...camera clearity...most important pocket mode missing..

no zoom in wide angel and you cannot zoom,super macro or macro in pro mode where you want to take pictures with 48 mp ...what i will do with that if i cannot zoom or macro or super macro..very shitty

K1561057867439, V1rTu and sechinov like this.
  18. HonzaK
    Cupcake Nov 15, 2019

HonzaK , Nov 15, 2019 :
    Thanks very much it is so clever

19. Ray_ofLight
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2019

20. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Nov 16, 2019

Bouncer71 , Nov 16, 2019 :
    Thanks for the weekly @dsmonteiro ...!

Would like to watch the live stream but gotta work... 8P

Congratulations to the well deserved winners of the LAB...
    @thoma_hawk and @YRJ you guys made it... :D
    Great, great reading stuff...!!!

YRJ, otto2, Shivang Joshi and 6 others like this.