Weekly Update 313: Gaming takes over

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Dec 14, 2019

dsmonteiro , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Weekly 313.png

Hey everyone!

I hope you're having an amazing Saturday! With the holidays around the corner, have you bought all the gifts you planned to or will use the weekend for that? I always buy in advance to avoid the long lines. This means I have a lot of time to write about all the things that happened this week in the Community! Let's check it out!

Updates and other software business
    A few updates were released this week, so if you have a OnePlus 7, OnePlus 7 Pro or OnePlus 7T, be sure to check your phone. The initial rollout has started and if everything goes smoothly, more people should start seeing the update coming their way. OnePlus 7T Pro should also see a new update in the next few days.
    It's also a special occasion for the OnePlus 7T Series - Closed Beta Testing will start soon and @Manu J. is looking for 250 users to join the crew! If you want to know more, be sure to check here. Manu is also asking for OnePlus 7T Pro 5G McLaren users to help us improve connectivity, by providing logs. If you want to help (and get some gifts in the process), head over to this thread.

I game, you game, everybody games!
    Mobile gaming keeps getting better and better. You have amazing games to choose from and the gap between mobile and consoles / PC keeps getting smaller, especially with cloud gaming going mainstream. @Charles C. shared some of the competitive edges the OnePlus 7T gives you while playing (and @Impersonal was kind enough to immediately point out how bad I am at it).
    For those of you missing the Community Game Nights, we decided to kick things up a notch and announced a PUBG MOBILE tournament that can net you a 3-day bootcamp with Fnatic. What are you waiting for? JOIN NOW! For those of you in the US, we announced a series of offline game nights across 16 cities.

Stories from the Community
    @Chris dB brought some good news! We're already working on Addition Magazine n.02 and we want to hear your story. Head over to his thread to find the details. He also announced that the winning story from @YRJ's contest will be automatically considered! A pretty good addition (pun intended) to those OnePlus hoodies. @luigimario wants you to tell another story - the one behind your avatar. And there's more! For those of you in North America, @Ruby G. is inviting you to share your heartwarming stories. You can win prizes or holiday points and even bring an extra bit of happiness to other users.

OnePlus 6th anniversary is almost here but you're the one that can get some gifts! If you have a whole lot of raffle points to spare, check @Crystal Z.'s thread to know more (and I wouldn't mind if you try to convince her to let me participate ;)).

The US brand ambassadors keep sharing great content week after week! This time, it's @USBA JasonB, asking you if you what you prefer: Pop-up camera or Waterdrop notch. @KnightofScorpio is also driving the discussion by talking about cool accessories. Don't forget to share your opinion on both threads.

That's it for this week! Enjoy the rest of the weekend and see you on Monday.

P.S. - I just switched my SIM card from my OnePlus 7T to my OnePlus One to write a 2000 days in the making review. Anything you'd like to see me write about? Feel free to leave your comments below!

2. sahilramgarhia
    Donut Dec 14, 2019

3. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 14, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Thanks for the Lots and lots of action this week :)
    Many interesting stories avatar ones heartwarming ones and stories in general.
    Thanks for them @YRJ @Ruby G. and @luigimario and all those who shared them
    Thanks for the Raffle and exchanges again @Crystal Z. Will there be anything similar during Christmas and New year !

Waiting for chicken dinner on the coming weekends
    Post some Speed test with other OnePlus devices you have if possible

4. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 14, 2019

YRJ , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Thank you for the well rounded up weekly @dsmonteiro :)
    Looks like stories are on a rise this week.
    I'm so overwhelmed by the amazing stories that the community has to share, I'd like to suggest that just like SOoP Monthly threads, we should start a theme based Monthly Story thread. I never tire of reading those inspiring stories :D

Lastly, I would like to point out that the raffle exchange point requirement for the McLaren x OnePlus pen is too high!
    May I suggest that you slash the prices by a couple hundred points? ( A discount of 200 points to be precise) I've never been so excited about Raffles before. My love for pens (no pun intended) is something I cannot explain. I hope that Forum Santa will grant my wishes! :D

That said, wish you all a great weekend :)

Anshu3110, anunayC, TibiTibi and 2 others like this.
  5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 14, 2019

Cheetosdust , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Really curious to check this out. I would love to know how the battery and the camera are holding up, always considering it was a device released years ago.

My main question - and I hope you can answer it - is: can you use a OnePlus One, for example, during a weekend in the country? As your main device and without having a safety net.

Maybe you can have a section on your review called "OnePlus One, a day in the life".

Cool idea. Have a great weekend, everyone! :cool:

6. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 14, 2019

Anshu3110 and dsmonteiro like this.
  7. S1573200895129
    Froyo Dec 14, 2019

8. TibiTibi
    Nougat Dec 14, 2019

Anshu3110 and Impersonal like this.
  9. Xplozv
    Cupcake Dec 14, 2019

Xplozv , via OnePlus 3T , Dec 14, 2019 :
    Hi there ,
    Please share some work done by developers on custom stable Android 9/10 roms for One Plus 3/3T as soon as possible.
    Mr. Manu.J mentioned this in his thread regarding 3/3Ts last security patch.

Using One Plus 3T Midnight Black Edition.

Cheers

10. MosheG1
    Jelly Bean Dec 14, 2019

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Dec 14, 2019 :
    @dsmonteiro
    what a great encompassing weekly update!
    I would like to hear about how the OnePlus one holds up again the test of time, whether it still feels fast and how it compares against other phones off that time nowadays

Anshu3110 likes this.
  11. Alex1681
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

12. G_Richard_Uhrin_fSIO
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

13. E1541393484275
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2019

E1541393484275 , Dec 15, 2019 :
    After launch of OnePlus 7 series, you have forgot about OnePlus 6 series user and just focussing on latest phones only. Is this equality for old users ???

14. J1574853491514
    Donut Dec 15, 2019

Loganthegamer and F1543679149312 like this.
  15. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Dec 15, 2019

16. Sudhanshu Balodhi
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

Sudhanshu Balodhi , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Already roll out !! Wait going to come to your device soon☮️

MJ26499 likes this.
  17. Sudhanshu Balodhi
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

Sudhanshu Balodhi , Dec 15, 2019 :
    Already roll out !! Wait going to come to your device soon☮️

18. Sudhanshu Balodhi
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019

MosheG1 likes this.
  19. Brayan_godofgamers
    Froyo Dec 15, 2019

Brayan_godofgamers , Dec 15, 2019 :
    they completely don't even care for 6t update. They ignoring the old users and giving more updates to only new ones.They have been saying soon for a long time , saying initial roll out has started for a month ,how long does it take a year? really disappointed.

20. anunayC
    Gingerbread Dec 15, 2019