Weekly Update 315: 2019 is coming to an end

1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Dec 27, 2019

Zach X. , Dec 27, 2019 :
    #SoOP Best of the Month (3).png

Hello my friends,

This is Zach. I’m sure you guys already know my name if you took part in the Christmas contest and the new raffles that I launched. It has been 2 weeks since I joined this community and I'm so surprised and thankful for all the greetings and warm welcome from the community members. I hope you guys are all enjoying the Holidays with your friends, family and loved ones. This year, I spent the Christmas with the OnePlus colleagues and we had great time having some drinks and exchanging gifts. What about you?

Alright, let's have a quick recap on what happened this week!

About the changes in OnePlus community

Red Cable Club:
    We started our journey back in 2013 with a community of a few and, as of today, we’re 5 million strong in India! You have helped us create the most connected, enthusiastic and driven community in the world. Much like the veins in our body, the red cable runs through the fabric of this community. On this special occasion, it gives us great joy to introduce in India a special community program called Red Cable Club. The Red Cable Club membership is a lifetime, free membership available for all OnePlus users. Benefits includes The Red Cable Jackpot, free cloud storage, and OnePlus care benefits.

Community Fun
    It's the season of giving, is there any topic that fits you?
    • Raffles: 3 Pairs of OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 & 1000 Raffle points for 3 users
    That's all for this week, enjoy the weekend!

2. Helder_DAlmeida
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 27, 2019

3. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2019

YRJ , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Thanks for your first and also the last Weekly update of 2019, @Zach X. :D
    Everything covered ;)

Hope to hear from you more often! Until then, have a great weekend and a splendid new year, everyone.

Cheers :D

4. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 28, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Hey Santa Zach Its been a great year and I truly hope amazing things awaits for us in the new future!
    Bidding farewell to 2019 and welcoming 2020 with :
    You officially joined as the Santa of Forums!!!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019

5. GuitarHero0179
    Jelly Bean Dec 28, 2019

6. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Dec 28, 2019

Venky61 , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Thanks for the Update @Zach X. Great to hear that you enjoyed the Christmas.
    I had a nice one too... Celebrated with friends, ate many marshmallows and ended it with a Ball Dance :)

Have a Great weekend everyone.

7. script
    Nougat Moderator Dec 28, 2019

script , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Thx for the final weekly of the decade:)

Script_Weltmeister-01.jpeg

All the best to all and Buntycubal,

Script

8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 28, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 28, 2019 :
    This is a nice wind-up of the week and the year too @Zach X. :p
    Enjoy the weekend

10. Karun Deep
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2019

11. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Dec 28, 2019

12. OnePlus.rksharma
    Gingerbread Dec 28, 2019

13. Martin_VN
    Honeycomb Dec 28, 2019

Parth.agarwal and G_plusone like this.
  14. Suraj3000
    Froyo Dec 28, 2019

Parth.agarwal and G_plusone like this.
  15. Karthick2301
    Donut Dec 28, 2019

16. Udrescu Adela
    Froyo Dec 28, 2019

Udrescu Adela , Dec 28, 2019 :
    oneminus: a snake with heads or how preffer two tongs. They mocking us.
    They forgot something: we OP6, 6T users are future buyers of op8 or op9 and this behavior make us think twice before buying another oneminus phone.
    The community make oneminus what is today because they was a company for people, now they are focused on profit: they lost their way.
    PS: for forum moderators (on oneminus payroll ): I don't care about warnings, you know what to do with warnings!

17. otto2
    Lollipop Dec 28, 2019

otto2 , Dec 28, 2019 :
    You are aware, that moderators don t get paid here?
    No? Now you are.

Mustasim, script, jlasensiofi and 2 others like this.
  18. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 28, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 28, 2019 :
    Great Christmas spirit Adela, love the energy, but could you please be more specific, yes indeed I also am a 6T user, and yes I intend to upgrade in the next year, I've seen the renders of the alleged OP8, and obviously am intrigued....

OnePlus did indeed had a great year, a year of transition in which they grew up into the big league, I also cuncur that their priorities have swifted, but that is normal given the circumstances.... even we as humans, tend to evolve, adapt... Etc

The mods do the the dirty work for free, from passion (OnePlus are to cheap to hire actual professional mods, that have experience, and studies, and can do this full-time), so it ain't a glamorous job, and the only thing they get in return is often antagonizeing fellow users, and usually taking all the "heat" upon themselves... Although their decision and actions are sometimes, heavy-handed, strange or harsh, even contradictory, hypocritical from time to time, they come from a good place and for the greater good of the Community, and we don't have a better sistem... What you and everyone should actually know, and understand is that, they are people, like you and me, and are proned to everything human, just try to follow the rules, be reasonable and don't take things to personal...

Ps: I'm presuming your comment was about the latest update, I myself finally updated, skipped the first two iterations of Android 10, becouse in the rush to actually please the 6/6T users OP, pushed a incompetent, subpar products, and frankly although this version is more stable, is still at a very early stage, I actually regret updating, maybe from idk, March or something will have a satisfactory upgrade, I'm actually thinking of downgrading to A9 until then... Since it's actually not a competition on who gets it first, since even from March you still have 9-10 months to properly experience A10

Sărbători Fericite, să ne vedem sănătoși in Noul an, profită te rog de zilele astea libere (puține cum sunt) si bucură-te de familie, prieteni, lucruri cu adevărat importante, nu merită să te enervezi pentru ceva ... irelevant

Mulțumesc

Last edited: Dec 28, 2019

19. TAMIL_VANAN
    Donut Dec 28, 2019