Weekly Update 318: It's co-creation!

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jan 18, 2020

Crystal Z. , Jan 18, 2020 :
    weekly318.png

Hello friends,

How are you doing? It's been another busy week at OnePlus, there's a lot we're excited to tell you about (But we're technically not allowed to - yet.) Keep your eyes and ears close to OnePlus, on the forums and social media, we'll have a lot of exciting news to share with you all very soon. The trickle of news turned into a flood this week when we released our deep-dive on our upcoming 120 Hz display. I got the chance to mess around with the display myself this week, and it's hard to describe just how much of a difference it makes in practice. Can't wait for you all to experience it.

Some of you might know @Donna L. . Here at OnePlus HQ, she's something of a legend. She designed the explorer backpack and multiple OnePlus hoodies--she's one of only few people who can get a yes first time from our CEO, Pete. We've invited her to collect your ideas for future OnePlus gear and to turn the best of them into a reality. What would you like to see? OnePlus sunglasses? A OnePlus wallet? Or handbag? A OnePlus fan. Oh wait, we already have many here. Get thinking of ideas better than these ones. Tag Donna in this thread and share, share, share.

Looking for some readings? Here are some recommendations for you:
    China Spring Festival is approaching, factories and stores will be closed, people are hiding away from the big cities with their families, highway will be blocked with thousands of cars, but everyone's face filled with happiness. It's a get-together time once in a year!

If you read this weekly carefully, you'll probably notice it's different tones. Let's make a guess who wrote which part and let it continue...

2. Amanda W.
    Head of Community Staff Member Jan 18, 2020

3. OnePlus.rksharma
    Gingerbread Jan 18, 2020

4. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jan 18, 2020

YRJ , Jan 18, 2020 :
    @Crystal Z.
    @Amanda W.
    I have no clue so I'll go with @dsmonteiro :p

Great weekly Crystal!
    Have an amazing weekend all

Hanwa (thanks @script I love this acronym :D )

5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 18, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 18, 2020 :
    I don't know about the rest, but this was written by @Carl - I'm sure of it :p

@Donna L., damn that's an awesome talent you have there :D

You did a phenomenal job designing those products and I can't wait to see what you'll do next.

My suggestion? A limited run of OnePlus socks to celebrate a special occasion with the community, obviously. Why? Because then I can I have this conversation:

- Hey man, do you love OnePlus? What's your favorite product?
    - My dude, OnePlus socks!

Pretty sure you can't make those, Crystal. You see, OnePlus, as a brand, must earn its fans, not make them.

Keep making awesome products, and I'm sure the fans will keep buying them.

Oh, fans as in those thingies that spin and cool the air? My bad. :p

Wishing you and the whole team a great time ahead. Get some rest and come back stronger than ever. We'll be here for all the exciting news.

Thank you to everyone who wrote this weekly. Happy weekend, lovely folks. :cool:

6. script
    Nougat Moderator Jan 18, 2020

script , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Hello Friends,

Hanwa

:)

7. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Jan 18, 2020

MosheG1 likes this.
  9. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 18, 2020 :
    That would probably be the 9 Pro then [e]1f609[/e]

Helder_DAlmeida and MosheG1 like this.
  10. G_ik1llpeeple4fun_KWAF , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    I'll be optimistic and hope OnePlus surprises us and has a full front screen. The OnePlus 7 pro has spoiled me and I now can NOT buy any display with notches, hole punches, or aggressively large bezels anywhere ☠️. But worst case scenario is I wait for OP 9 pro in 2021 if it's without hole punches and notches. OnePlus 7 pro is perfect for me currently [e]1f44c[/e].

B1574273159502 and MosheG1 like this.
  11. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 18, 2020 :
    This time I think the holepuch was a compromise to make 8 Pro IP68. We will see if the rumor is true. The other models tagged along with the same design choice but without extra ip rating.

MosheG1 likes this.
  12. G_ik1llpeeple4fun_KWAF , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 18, 2020 :
    That's a good reason for many. Many people have asked for this so called 'rating'. But such a rating holds no bearing for me personally. And I'll prefer the variant (if one exists again) without the rating as long as it's without hole punches and notches. But that's just me.

B1574273159502 and MosheG1 like this.
  13. Swejuggalo , via OnePlus 7 Pro Mirror Gray , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Under the screen cameras are on the way. I see 9 Pro as a possible candidate for Oneplus first under the screen selfie camera. That would solve both IP rating and the full screen compromises.

MosheG1 likes this.

MosheG1 likes this.
  15. F1566597659026
    Cupcake Jan 18, 2020

16. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Jan 18, 2020

jlasensiofi , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Crystal Z. ;)

Yes, I am afraid that many good news days are coming, so I am looking forward to it all.

Delighted @Donna L. Congratulations on that art of creating products that have always seemed very beautiful :)

Now to prepare those days of the end of the Chinese year that I hope you can enjoy all with your families :hearteyes:

Shivang Joshi and Cheetosdust like this.
  17. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Jan 18, 2020

SoniaB , Jan 18, 2020 :
    @Donna L. Maybe a tech kit bag? Basically, a small bag with organisation inside to hold all your tech items like charger cable, plug, powerbank, bullets etc.

18. F1556204523619
    Froyo Jan 18, 2020

F1556204523619 , Jan 18, 2020 :
    Lots of those bags exist in varying sizes and price points. However, none of them probably have Donna's design behind them. So, that could be an interesting idea. :)

superplus, SoniaB and Amanda W. like this.
  19. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Jan 19, 2020

20. XK1
    Eclair Jan 19, 2020