Weekly Update 319: Happy Chinese New Year!

1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Jan 24, 2020

Zach X. , Jan 24, 2020 :
    #SoOP Best of the Month (1).png

Hi all,

How are you doing my friends? Zach is back again. I am pretty excited to share my second Weekly Update with you! You know what? I have been giving away so many gifts during the past month, I developed sophisticated packaging skills, becoming an Express Expert (DHL should really consider hiring me). More gifts are on the way! Comment on this thread, let me see what gifts you guys love the most.

Today is the Chinese New Year’s Eve, everyone has gone back to their hometown for family gathering. 2020 is a brand-new start, but this year also comes with some challenge. I’m sure some of you may have noticed the news about the Wuhan coronavirus outbreak in China. Lately more and more people start wearing masks in the office and I hear people talking about it almost everywhere I go. To improve community team's immune system and keep everyone in shape, I am starting an “8:30am Work Out Squad”. Let’s see who sticks it till the end. Healthy bodies, healthy minds, healthy community!

Alright, let’s take a look on what happened on community this week.

@dsmonteiro posted a 120 Hz Fluid Display Quiz to reward your knowledge with the upcoming OnePlus hoodie (I want that hoodie so bad!). Different topics on the display were discussed under the thread on different days. Even though the quiz is now closed, you can still leave your comment.
    Hard-working @dsmonteiro also conducted an interview about OnePlus Concept One with @Kevin Tao, from the Industrial design team. Want to know more about ECMG and the invisible camera? Join the thread and leave your questions to Kevin there. Pictures of Concept One prototype at an early stage of development are also revealed!
    As a result of our Open Ears Forum in New York back in December, @Zake Z. just shared our Videography commitments. Be sure not to miss it!
    Last, but not least, your chance to win a OnePlus Explorer Backpack through our Raffles is back. Click here to participate!

Looking for some additional reading? Here are some recommendations for you:
    See you guys after the Spring Festival! Can’t wait to see you guys next year, and @Pete's red pocket of course (it's customary for bosses to give employees red packets, a monetary gift, at the first day after holiday to start a new year's work).

2. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 24, 2020

StopItRawr , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Happy Year of the Rat to all of the people celebrating this weekend! Enjoy your holidays too @Zach X.

Maybe I need to ask my boss for a red pocket. heh!

(Edit: Hopefully things wont be too disrupted by the coronavirus outbreak).

4. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 24, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Happy Chinese New Year, @Zach X. and everyone on the team. Enjoy your time with family and friends.

Yes, we have been following the news about the virus here in Europe. Stay safe out there, everyone. Take care of you and yours.

And a great weekend to everyone here in the forums, have an awesome time enjoying life. :cool:

Please let us know how that went for you. :rolleyes:

Ending the year with a great joke. Lovely! You crack me up, Zack. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::sweatsmile:

Last edited: Jan 24, 2020

5. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2020

6. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2020

YRJ , Jan 24, 2020 :
    I'm really curious to know what this means!

7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Jan 24, 2020

camohan , Jan 24, 2020 :
    It means hindi chinni bhai bhai.

8. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2020

YRJ , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Wow! I would have never guessed that. :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

10. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2020

YRJ , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Thank you for breaking that down for me. I did not understand at first but @camohan got it. Maybe he is Chinese, idk!

11. camohan

camohan , Jan 24, 2020 :
    • Happy Chinese New Year to all my Chinese friends.
    • @Cheetosdust great eye on @dsmonteiro working hard. DS never fails to tickle my funny bone.
    • On the virus thing, stay safe and alert, do not take bad health lightly.

12. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 24, 2020

StopItRawr , Jan 24, 2020 :
    Technically, he said:
    Chinese Bro.Hindi China Bro. Bro.

Which sounds like a secret code to get access to the OnePlus HQ building, or something.

That also makes sense.

13. AnonymousWP
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Jan 24, 2020

AnonymousWP , Jan 24, 2020 :
    @Zach X. Enjoy the days, as well as other people who celebrate Chinese new year.

Does that also mean OnePlus won't roll-out the other builds of 10.3.1 for the 6 and 6T? Cause on the moment of writing OnePlus only rolled-out the incremental for the 6T.

Impersonal and G_plusone like this.
  14. YRJ
    Marshmallow Jan 24, 2020

YRJ , Jan 24, 2020 :
    No way!
    The secret code is Bzzz...Carl.....Bee Bae....bzzz...honey. I tried it, works every single time.

15. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jan 24, 2020

Cheetosdust , Jan 24, 2020 :
    What am I supposed to do with this information? :tearsofjoy:

As I see it, there are two options:
    • @dsmonteiro is great at tickling funny bones
    • Your funny bone is easily tickled
    Whatever the case may be, it sounds like you're poised to have a great weekend! :cool::p

Last edited: Jan 25, 2020

16. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Jan 24, 2020

Dresa91 , Jan 24, 2020 :
    hey @Zach X. Happy New Year to you and the OnePlus Team:)
    enjoy the time:)you deserve it:)

gifts: bullets, hoodies and backpacks:)

17. ierisch
    Gingerbread Jan 24, 2020

18. Starcommander
    Lollipop Jan 24, 2020

19. camohan

camohan , Jan 24, 2020 :
    I meant stop starring yourself in the mirror and talking good about youself.

20. Adrian7TPro
    Donut Jan 24, 2020