Weekly Update 320: The Concept One goes global and we get ready for Super Bowl!

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 1, 2020

dsmonteiro , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Weekly 320.png

Hey everyone,

With everyone still finishing their Chinese New Year holidays at OnePlus HQ, this was definitely a slower week than usual on the forums. Still, there are some important news to go through, so let’s get down to it.

Earlier this week, we announced the OnePlus Concept One World Tour. With events happening in 10 cities in North America, Europe and India, this will be your chance to check our first concept device in person, interact with our staff and share your best and brightest ideas for future applications of this new technology. Check the official thread for more details on where and how to join. But, if you can’t, you can always always participate in the ongoing Q&A with @Kevin Tao, from the Industrial Design team. He already shared some answers to your questions, so don’t be shy and join the conversation here.

A new month also brings a new Shot on OnePlus challenge. This time, @script invites you to share you best bridge photos. This month’s SoOP also brings some interesting changes: Photos will be picked on a weekly basis, will be featured in our social media channels and the best one will make its way into our official Twitter and Facebook accounts’ covers.

But if you have non-bridge related photos to share, never fear! As usual, there’s also the non-contest thread, where you can share your best photos taken this month.

There is also big non-tech related event around the corner! This Sunday, the Kansas City Chiefs will face the San Francisco 49ers for the Super Bowl LIV. Rooting for any team? Have all your game-time snacks ready? Let us know in the comments below! For those that don’t really care about American Football, you can always enjoy the half-time show or the crazy commercials. Wired shared all of them, and this is my favorite one:

(any other Ricky and Morty fans out there?)

For those interested in joining a tech discussion, @wissou started a topic on how 5G will impact the IoT landscape. Head over to this this thread if you want to share your thoughts.

And, on a personal note, I would like to ask all of you for some help! I'm currently halfway through a post-graduation in Digital Marketing and E-Business and, for my final project, what better topic than smartphones?! (Cliché, I know) I need some data to get the ball rolling, so I kindly ask all of you to answer this survey. And, if it’s not too much to ask, please share it with your friends. The more, the merrier! Thanks!

That’s it for this week! Have an amazing weekend and see you all on Monday!

2. karthik yadawad
    Gingerbread Feb 1, 2020

G_plusone, otto2, Impersonal and 3 others like this.
  3. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Feb 1, 2020

4. bunny talluri
    Cupcake Feb 1, 2020

5. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Feb 1, 2020

luigimario , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Haha, loved that commercial! Good luck on your project and I hope everyone at OnePlus HQ stays safe and healthy!

6. AmritRajiva
    Gingerbread Feb 1, 2020

AmritRajiva , Feb 1, 2020 :
    all the best with your project @dsmonterio, survey completed and thank you for the update.

7. SWAPPYONE
    Honeycomb Feb 1, 2020

SWAPPYONE , via OnePlus 7 , Feb 1, 2020 :
    @dsmonteiro well I will answer that survey as always I'll share it fret not 🤗
    Well I would like to know if OnePlus has taken any steps from spreading of virus there as well ...
    Good luck with your project.

8. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 1, 2020

Last edited: Feb 1, 2020

9. script
    Nougat Moderator Feb 1, 2020

script , Feb 1, 2020 :
    OMG. You just needed 1 sentence to explain it. I needed half a page, and still it was confusing.

Have a nice WE all, and please read what the photo contest is about.

:)

cdnfarmer, Jalex_h, otto2 and 7 others like this.
  10. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Feb 1, 2020

Cheetosdust , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Thank you for the update, @dsmonteiro :)

pretty cool changes made to the SOOP, thank you @script and everyone who was involved. Hopefully this will lead to an even better participation to showcase what the OnePlus devices can do. Optimistic this will spark even further the talent we have here in the community.

I understand the enthusiasm around the Super Bowl, but I don't follow the sport - I don't even know the rules. I assume there aren't off-sides? I don't know. If you are invested in following it, hopefully it's an electric game and you'll have a great time watching it.

To your personal note, @dsmonteiro, I already filled the form. Good luck collecting the most data you can and all the best for your post-graduation. Hopefully some parts of it can be applied to OnePlus and the forums.

Have a great weekend, everyone. Wishing you a lovely couple of days recharging batteries for the new week. :cool:

SWAPPYONE, cdnfarmer, otto2 and 7 others like this.
  11. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Feb 1, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Only me craving for all sort of weird Pringles flavors right now thanks to Monty? :rolleyes:

Good (my keyboard is hungry too, it wrote food here) luck with your project!! Already answered your survey and will share it :D

12. devil112
    Gingerbread Feb 1, 2020

13. Kleb32
    Gingerbread Feb 1, 2020

14. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 1, 2020

superplus , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update and the funny commercials and all the best to everyone and their loved ones for the holidays.

I like the changes to the SOOP monthly contests, who knows, perhaps I might actually get around to submitting something at some point :rolleyes:

I also really like the header image @Aadeshc! I'm guessing that's from last month's contest, about water in all shapes and sizes? I'd like to hear more about it :D

As if anyone would want to help you with your survey o_O jk, already filled and shared, all the best to you for your project :-*

G_plusone, cdnfarmer, otto2 and 6 others like this.
  15. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Feb 1, 2020

jlasensiofi , Feb 1, 2020 :
    Thanks for the new update @dsmonteiro :)

Interesting as usual, I already covered your survey. I hope it helps and you have a lot of success in your postgraduate ;)

G_plusone, cdnfarmer, otto2 and 6 others like this.
  16. Cheetosdust

That would be lovely. Just remember: the theme for this month is bridges as in the infrastructures, not the card game. :Do_O

cdnfarmer, otto2, Impersonal and 4 others like this.
  17. Goku_SuperSaiyan
    Honeycomb Feb 1, 2020

Sandy9678, G_plusone and Impersonal like this.
  18. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Feb 1, 2020

superplus , Feb 1, 2020 :
    why not... both? :cool: bridging the generation gap by playing bridge on a bridge (kids, don't try this at home) - the unabridged version

19. Cheetosdust

I don't know how to play bridge :oops:

I did have a bridge teacher, Mrs. Bridget. She was a saint, always motivating me to reach the other side.

"- Don't know how to play bridge on the bridge? Go fish, you're my number Uno!" - she told me one time.

She was feeling solitaire!

:neutral::neutral::blush:

script, otto2, Impersonal and 3 others like this.