Weekly Update 323: Struggling to get a fresh cup of coffee

1. Amanda W.
    Head of Community Staff Member Feb 23, 2020

Amanda W. , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Prancheta 1.png

Hi friends,

Amanda here. Long time no see! With so many of us in HQ still working remotely, I miss more and more the rest of the Community team, especially @Trista W.. I almost forgot what she looks like as she is always reluctant to open the camera during our daily video meetings. There are even limitations on overtime, with my request being refused by HR since I didn't get registered in advance. Finally, with no other option than to leave the office, I decided to take my laptop and flower (a story for another time) to a coffee shop near the office, enjoy a cup of coffee, try some unhealthy, but tasty snacks to kickstart work. Even that proved out to be difficult, with most coffee shops closed. So, now I'm sitting in my study, writing this update update while enduring my mom's constant interruptions, always thinking I'm hungry.

My personal updates out of the way, let’s find out what happened this week in the Community.

With the Concept One World Tour reaching its end, we shared a recap with small stories and pictures from all events around the world. It's always inspiring to see how Community is willing to go offline and participate in these events. @Jenn.L also shared a bit more about the Seattle meetup here.

Recently, I had the longest holidays since I became part of OnePlus staff. That meant I had the chance to play all the popular games, like PUBG Mobile, Fortnite, Sand Balls and others. I thought it would be easy for me at first, because even my 7 year-old nephew can win that chicken dinner. I found out I couldn't even see the enemy before getting shot. I know most of the forum friends are much better than me at mobile games, so, if you're in the US, you might be interested in this event, our first-ever PUBG Mobile City Champs. Click here to know more and to find the nearest location.

If playing mobile games isn't your thing, or you just lack the talent like me, you can share your Jars of Happiness like Zack did, to get more of those valuable raffle points. I can't wait to see which jars are the most important for the Community. For me it's "Making friends in the Community".

Another update started rolling out this week. This time, it was OnePlus 7T's turn to get the freshest version of Oxygen OS. Check the official thread if you want to know more or just want to share your feedback. For those of you that have the OnePlus TV, we also shared a useful guide on how to navigate the web from your TV.

We know many of you love to collect OnePlus swag. @Starcommander seems to be particularly excited about collectibles. This week, he shared his second Special OnePlus products thread, this time about the OnePlus ruler bookmark set, so be sure to check it out.

Lastly, I wanted to ask you all what kind of things you must as part of the OnePlus Community. This idea is inpired by an online game 100 things you must do in life (It's so sad that there are many things I haven't done and even lose the chance of achieving it).

To finish this update, I'd like to share a thought: Go where you want to go, do what you want to do, become who you want to become.

2. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Feb 23, 2020

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Feb 23, 2020

YRJ , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Hello @Amanda W. ,
    Thank you for the detailed update, both personally and professionally. I'm glad to learn that you are doing well.
    Really looking forward to hearing about that flower ;) :p
    • Have atleast one featured thread in the homepage tiles ;) (sadly that did not happen, except for 2 contest threads)

That's a great thought, Amanda!

Wish you and all my community friends a great weekend ahead!
    Have a wonderful week folks :)

earlysteve, msheu, manuel19 and 12 others like this.
  4. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2020

Starcommander , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Awww @Amanda W. Thank you for the tag :)
    I surely love collecting those things. Thank you everyone who are involved in creation of such a beautiful products

msheu, luxuskamel, Amanda W. and 11 others like this.
  5. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2020

Yes I absolutely agree. Life is too short 🥺

Xtermy, msheu, drl431 and 6 others like this.
  6. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Feb 23, 2020

camohan , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Glad to know you are safe and more glad to hear the weekly update from you. Take care Amanda!! And ofcourse everyone who is fighting the tough battle.

7. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert Feb 23, 2020

8. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Feb 23, 2020

G_plusone , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update of the happenings of the week and also with HQ employees :)

Hopefully things will be better in March and you will get fresh coffee and Flowers :)

Nice shoutouts to Concept One Tour, Gaming Events, 7T, OnePlus TV and Tara too ;)
    Moms are always Best ;)
    I have played PUBG for months too but I'm still a noob :D
    I feel the same too.
    Wish there was a rewind button
    Thanks Amanda

9. script
    Nougat Moderator Feb 23, 2020

script , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Aye Amanda,

Thx for the weekly. My wife's name is Anandi, which is very uncommon in Germany, and sometimes people call her Amanda, because they can't understand or remember Anandi. Hmm, not my best story.

Re the 100 things you must do in life: 40 are morally questionable, 20 are not completely legal, another 20 leads to overweight. So, 20 are left. That's a weekend task.

:)

Cheers, Script

99adac293d074d8b71ee1fe9b4c7d20643222c3bba8ddae0055c2cd2b3faf01d.0.gif

@buntycubal

10. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Feb 23, 2020 :
    When I move into a new place, the coffeemaker is the first thing I unpack.

I once lived in a place with no furniture at all for a while after I got back from overseas. I slept on the floor and listened to cops and firefighters on a scanner because I didn't have a television or stereo yet.

But I had a coffeemaker.

Be well. I hope this health crisis is over very soon.

Richard

G_plusone, Amanda W., drl431 and 5 others like this.
  11. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Feb 23, 2020

Dresa91 , Feb 23, 2020 :
    congrats:)
    you made it:)

thanks @Amanda W. for the recap:)
    coffee is always good:)

12. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2020

13. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Feb 23, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Hiii Amanda! So great to see you again! And glad to see you fine!:)
    Trista is like me.o_O:cool::p
    Okayyy, intresting!:eek: will wait for the flower story on your next thread.:p
    I've been playing since 2018 and well....I'm still a noob. Damn! 🤦🏻‍♀️
    Personally, I try to be helpful, productive and welcoming here...as much as I can:). But sadly, I'm struggling to manage time these days to get online here.😟

Anyway, take care all! Have a great week ahead!!!:)

Oh and @Starcommander, congrats for the shout out!;)

14. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 23, 2020

dsmonteiro , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Hi Amanda!

Didn't know you were a coffee person! Have you tried BLEND, next to the office? It's in the intersection between Tairan 9th and Tairan 6th roads. Great coffee and great brunch as well!

IMG_20200111_120042.jpg IMG_20200111_124656.jpg

15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2020

Yeah. I haven't chatted with you for a while!
    Thank you 😊

16. Starcommander
    Lollipop Feb 23, 2020

17. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Feb 23, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Feb 23, 2020 :
    You are famous. 😏

18. Karthick2301
    Eclair Feb 23, 2020

19. GeekOnTheHill
    Honeycomb Feb 23, 2020

GeekOnTheHill , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Well... Compared to 40 pages of people whining about not receiving a security update six minutes after it was committed, I'd say yeah.

Richard

19TCC62, Amanda W., G_plusone and 8 others like this.
  20. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Feb 23, 2020

dsmonteiro , Feb 23, 2020 :
    Weekly Updates are written every week as a way to recap what happened throughout the last 7 days and as a way to highlight things that happen on the forums, the community and any great content that users create.

If it's not your cup of tea, I'm sure you'll find other things in the Community that are more of your liking.