Weekly Update 325: A flood of ideas, snowballs and answers

1. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 7, 2020

dsmonteiro , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Weekly 325_1.png
    Photo by @script
    Hey everyone,

Before I set off for Ruka, Finland, to join the Snowbots Battle, it's time to check this week's highlights, and what a week it was! Want to know more? Keep on reading!

A new photography month starts

As March begins and Spring is on the horizon, @cdnfarmer kickstarted our newest Shot on OnePlus month. And as flowers start to blossom all over the northern hemishphere, what better topic than trees?
    Last month's winners have already been shared in the 2020 Shot on OnePlus Hall of Fame. The winning photos will now be subject to voting in our Twitter and Facebook pages and the best one will be displayed front-and-center.
    @script also started a new photography-focused thread, Photo Talk. On a regular basis, Community's photography enthusiasts will be invited to share their insights. Don't forget to bookmark this one!

Community Game Night meets Snowbots
    Our Snowbot Battle is nearly here, and the lucky winners that will join the offline action have been contacted. But fret not, you still have a chance to control your own Bot online! To make sure you're ready for battle, I've prepared a detailed How-To, explaining all the controls and how to join.
    Head over to oneplus.com/snowbots on March 9 to try your luck and watch a Community 5G-powered snowfight! Also on Monday, we'll be sharing a Snowbot Deep Dive, for those that want to know more about the cool tech behind this campaign.

A co-creation powered Community
    To start our co-creation plans for this year, @Zach X. invited @Pete for the first AMA of 2020. Pete didn't shy away from the questions and shared his thoughts on a wide variety of topics. Want to read his replies? Be sure to check here. You can even find why Pete is called Pete. ;)
    Speaking of co-creation, @David Y. launched a brand-new way for you to make your voice heard - IDEAS. This already gave rise to some community-favorites, like these three:

Don't forget to like the ideas you love on oneplus.com/communityideas.

To keep the co-creation discussion going, I want to ask you something:
    If you had to mention which improvement is the most important for you in a future OnePlus device, what would that be? (e.g. faster X, more Y)
    Leave your answers in the comments below!

India team has also been quite busy. @Tom B. introduced a Doorstep Service in 6 cities, while @Joel Jacob announced he's looking for OnePlus TV Product Ninjas. Do you think you fit the requirements? Join now!

That wraps it up. Time to pack and head to the airport!

2. Karthick2301
    Eclair Mar 7, 2020

Karthick2301 , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 7, 2020 :
    This is one of the best way to improve the oxygen os and at the same time it's the better way to know the customer's expectations. Keep going.... Still we're Never Settle....

3. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 7, 2020

script , Mar 7, 2020 :
    OMG, what a nice weekly. I feel so featured.

Yes yes yes, photography is always a big thing in the OnePlus world. My personal wish for OnePlus phones is further improvement of the manual video mode.

I hope, everyone is having a good time and has fun to take pictures of one single solitude alone standing majestic giant tree and post it in the soop contest thread of @cdnfarmer.

Can I wish you this: have a nice battle, David? :)

Have a nice WE all OnePlus members, greetings also to the photo expert team and to @B.I.T.S. ,

Greetz from Cologne,

Script

4. adi1001
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2020

adi1001 , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 7, 2020 :
    we oneplus 6t user also don't have notification led.....we also have amoled display pannel.....plzz do something for us too...we also paid the same price for our device...........and we also want optimised charging and diet power and all .....
    oneplus community is known for listening to users and implementing that requirements to the devices..so plzz do something for us also....

5. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 7, 2020

dsmonteiro , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Hi there,

The things you are referring to are only ideas by other users. It doesn't mean they will be implemented.

6. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Mar 7, 2020

the_o2 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Thanks for the recap, have a great weekend :)

G_plusone, Caomhin, script and 5 others like this.
  7. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 7, 2020

camohan , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Idea Section and the DoorStep Repair project are two great take away for the week.

Happy weekend all, stay safe!

Caomhin, script, superplus and 4 others like this.
  8. adi1001
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2020

adi1001 , via OnePlus 6T , Mar 7, 2020 :
    but they should add existing features for older devices too like optimised charging and all

G_plusone and Starcommander like this.

10. bagufix
    Gingerbread Mar 7, 2020

G_plusone and Bouncer71 like this.
  11. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Mar 7, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Thankyou for the weekly update, david!! Enjoy the fun-filled and super-awesome day on march9!:cool:Hope I get to play as well!:p

And what a month!!!! It's just been a week since the month started, but I'm already loving all the surprises that got unfolded!:cool: yes, I'm lovin' it! (No I'm not hungry😋)

And congratulations to all the February SOOP winners!
    I'm totally enjoying the new SOOP concept! (Kudos to all the mastermind master-shutter-mind, behind the idea!;))

Anyway, enjoy your weekend, everyone!! :)

12. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Mar 7, 2020

Bouncer71 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Thanks @dsmonteiro

I see...

A great recap...
    Cool photos and winners...
    Interesting talks...
    Amazing IDEAS...
    Fun Robot Snowball Battle...
    Super service...

And an relaxing weekend ahead...!!! :D

Or will it be party...?

What ever you all do...

Enjoy it to the max..! :D

TibiTibi, G_plusone, script and 7 others like this.
  13. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Black color varient for all future oneplus devices

14. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Mar 7, 2020

Bouncer71 , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Oh yeah... !!!

Cause Black isn't a color...
    It's state of mind... :D

15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2020

Starcommander , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Absolutely!

16. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Mar 7, 2020

jlasensiofi , Mar 7, 2020 :
    Thanks once again for the update @dsmonteiro :)

I love the cover photo of the teacher @script . It's great ;)

Good luck to all those selected for the Battle of the Snowbots. I hope you enjoy it a lot.

The themes of the monthly photo contest every day get more interesting and pose a new challenge to overcome. Great posts on the other hand the AMA with @Pete and the ideas of @David Y.

And finally, to your question about "If you had to mention which improvement is the most important for you in a future OnePlus device, what would that be?" Undoubtedly my answer is very clear. The camera, the camera and the camera.

Good weekend to everyone.

Never Settle.

Impersonal likes this.
  18. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Mar 7, 2020

Impersonal , Mar 7, 2020 :
    🖤

19. Starcommander
    Lollipop Mar 7, 2020

20. SHP@7PRO
    Eclair Mar 7, 2020

SHP@7PRO , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 7, 2020 :
    I am OnePlus 7pro user ,looking for AOD, wallpapers of 7Tpro , little bit improvement on ICON size ( require big like Samsung),optimize charging feature and more options in thems in upcoming update.please work on it and give us in future update .looking for positive reply on it.

G_plusone likes this.