Weekly Update 327: Hand in Hand, We Can Make It

1. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 20, 2020

Trista W. , Mar 20, 2020 :
    wu327.png

What a week! The last seven days were packed with action here in the Community, and I'll bet you'll find some good news to brighten your day.
    • We Get a New Outfit!
    You may have noticed that our platform received a facelift. With the rapid growth of OnePlus, we need to better communicate who we are to newer, unfamiliar audiences. In addition, as we expand, we need to make sure that our brand’s image, and the message we’re delivering, is more consistent across all interactions. On Monday, @Pete anounced an update to the brand visual identity and, on Wednesday,@Rob M. shared a deep dive about what's changing, what's staying the same and why we made this decision.
    Finally, today, @dsmonteiro told what we're doing to the the logo that previously hung in our headquarters’ lobby. Want to know more? Check here.
    • The Germ of an Idea
    The 'IDEAS' platform is where more and more users are putting their efforts to power product development. Until now, we have received over 5,000 amazing ideas and the first round of 5 top-voted ideas is out. Check how @Gary C. and his team looked into it. Thanks again for your passionate participation and let's look forward to the following rounds. Cheers!

If you want to better understand how your Ideas are handled by our staff, be sure to read @David Y.'s thread.
    • New Open Beta with a New Feature
    For those of you living on the bleeding edge, @Manu J. announced new Open Beta builds for the OnePlus 7 / 7 Pro and OnePlus 7T / 7T Pro. This new update brings a new interesting feature - Instant Translation, that allows you to have seemless translation while chatting with your foreign friends, currently supporting 5 languages (English, French, German, Hindi, and Chinese).
    • Further Ahead
    Following the success of Addition Magazine, we received much feedback about increasing its availability to a broader audience. After continuous discussion and teamwork, today, we are glad to announce a brand new www.additionmag.com website, where we aim to tap into the growing importance of tech in today’s society, focusing on ground-breaking innovations and innovators flying below the radar.
    • Solidarity is the Answer
    On Tuesday, @Pete returned to the forums to share his thoughts on the ongoing public health situation. The answer from the Community couldn't be any clearer:

Considering most of our community members are spending the majority of time at home, we’re organizing a full week of online mobile gaming activities to present you with some fun. The first two games were PUBG MOBILE and Mario Kart Tour, but keep your eyes peeled and see what other games we'll bring next week.
    • #Quarantinelife
    Here are some pieces shared from community family. ;)
    WechatIMG617.jpeg

What's your pastime during quarantine?Any ideas what we can do together to enrich our digital life or any tips you want to share with the community? Tell us in the comments below.

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 20, 2020

Dresa91 , Mar 20, 2020 :
    glad you are all fine, @Trista W. :)

well..reading books and watching series... this is what I do at the moment...
    let’s stand together and fight against this virus: stay at home!
    stay safe everyone!

3. BeingIncog
    Nougat Mar 20, 2020

4. luxuskamel
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2020

5. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2020

Impersonal , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Things really are happening on the Forums, I mean, we had more "activity" than in the last 3 months combined, a big Thank You @Trista W. @Pete @dsmonteiro @Crystal Z. and many more involved in providing such wonderful, delightful distractions, especially given the circumstances... It's nice being "stuck" here

Please everyone Take Care !

6. cdnfarmer
    Photography Expert Mar 20, 2020

cdnfarmer , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Busy times. Good time to do many things... Sort through gallery and do taxes etc. Looking through the forum.

yes let's stay safe. And thanks to those who are working crazy hours to ensure those at home have access to Internet, those reporting the facts, those trying to ensure safety, and those helping others.

7. MosheG1
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2020

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 20, 2020 :
    wow! great update! I hope everyone is staying safe and is keeping sane! a lot is happening in the forums these days keeping us keep our sanity so thank you OnePlus for doing your part to help us in your own way!
    if you're bored or are just looking for someone to talk to them go visit wormhole, trust me once you get sucked in you'll never be able to leave!

8. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 20, 2020

script , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Hey Trista,

Again thx for another weekly. Yes, it's so good and helpful to have some constancy. Visiting the forum and interact, having fun, posting Friday foolishness, all those daily routines help to get along with the current situation.

It also gives us all the chance to slow down a bit and find a new personal pace.
    I personally have good times with that, and also semi good times:)

Hey, also a chance to say thank you for the little token that was announced to me by David. I will share my story, well, the non NDA part, soon:)

Mostly I am feeling as a member here, not as a mod, and I like it very much. I'm having good times in the forums, for over 6 years:) Who would have thought that? Longer than the average marriage.....

All the best,

Rüdi

Ps. I said that before: OnePlus - the global friends maker.

That's true. I want to say an extra thank you to the photo experts team, and to Crystal, to both Davids, to Zach, and to you, Trista. And, ofc, to the whole photo community that we have, and all the members who post those extra great photos in the threads. It's much more than entertainment. It's a part of my life.

9. A_dino
    Donut Mar 20, 2020

VincenzoCap, Impersonal and G_plusone like this.
  10. Helder_DAlmeida
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 20, 2020

Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Mar 20, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Trista W. It was a week with a lot going on in our community and thankfully because nowadays it is necessary that there is always content so that we can all better go through the whole situation we are experiencing from the pandemic . @Cheetosdust congratulations for the post its all there, all that we need at this difficult moment. Remember all if you can, stay at home! #stayathome "Never Settle 🇵🇹

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020

11. superplus
    English POC Assistant Head Moderator Mar 21, 2020

superplus , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Indeed, thanks for the update and I love your profile pic, it has to be my favourite :D Yes, yes, @dsmonteiro's one is also pretty swanky, but I can't go saying that now, can I? It might go straight to his head. And the Portuguese might be known to jump at a good opportunity to gloat :p:rolleyes: Hence why yours has to be my favourite ;) Yes, yes, @Cheetosdust, I'm also a fan of @David Y.'s fantealstic one :cool: bring on the jokes ;-p what is that now, you got an awesome shout-out in the weekly update, and a well deserved too at that? alright, enjoy a free gloat on the house ^^

12. the_o2
    User of the Year 2018 Mar 21, 2020

the_o2 , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Thanks for the thread and have a great weekend ahead everyone :)

We are better than what we believe and yes hand in hand We Can Make it for sure.

Never stop
    Never Sett1e.

13. Batman360
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2020

woSch, superplus, Cheetosdust and 7 others like this.
  14. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Mar 21, 2020

15. Batman360
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 21, 2020

Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Kudos[e]1f64c[/e] Hope we do jamming sometime[e]1f602[/e]
    (The sound of yamaha acoustic guitars with the perfect set of string is just amazing just btw[e]1f525[/e][e]2764[/e]️)

16. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator Mar 21, 2020

gaster , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Thanks for sharing this @Trista W. A nice update indeed and a hot topic as well I believe due the situation with the Coronavirus. Well. I guess you all now know what I am doing in my quarantine life about my work out while gyms are closed :oops: :p:D

17. Trista W.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member Mar 21, 2020

Trista W. , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Looking forward to your play, a good material for next weekly update.:D

18. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Mar 21, 2020

G_plusone , Mar 21, 2020 :
    Thanks for the Weekly update Crystal.
    Congratulations on the New Logo BVI
    Also on the 20,000,000 posts.
    IDEAS and Online Addition Magazine are great mentions .
    Gaming Events are Great for these testing times.
    Take care Everyone.
    Jump rope for life
    1000 skips a day ;)

19. SJBoss
    Lollipop Mar 21, 2020

SJBoss , Mar 21, 2020 :
    That's exactly what we shouldn't be doing to "make" it.

20. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 21, 2020

puccellino, woSch, Sweet_Ivy and 14 others like this.