Weekly update 328: Big things are coming

1. Zach X.
    Community Team Staff Member Mar 27, 2020

Zach X. , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Weekly update 328.png

Hi my friends,

I hope every one of you is doing well. Without further ado, let’s have a look at what happened in Community this week.
    • The Lab is Back!
    This Monday, I brought back one of our oldest community traditions, and I’m sure you must know what’s gonna happen when the Lab is back! This time, we will invite 10 users to be among the first to get their hands on the superb new flagship. If you haven’t applied yet, click here and join now!

@dsmonteiro also invited some of the previous Lab winners not only to share their experience, but also some valuable tips! I suggest you check it before sumitting your application.

Curious to find out what it's like in the Lab? @dsmonteiro spoke with some of our previous winners about their experiences for the first edition Addition Magazine, and you can now read it on additionmag.com.
    With the new brand visual identity released, @Crystal Z. launched a great creative contest around the new logo. It can be anything, a new avatar, a wallpaper, cool drawings, paintings, and feel free to share it with the community in the comments below. Contest will be closed on April 3rd and winners will be announced by April 8th. She also shared some cool photos for avatars and wallpapers.
    • AMA about IDEAS
    Recently, we introduced a community co-creation platform called IDEAS. It’s a new way of making your voice heard. We are glad to see all the innovative ideas the Community is putting forward. This time, I'm happy to invite @David Y., Head of OS Product Marketing and @Winkey W., Head of OxygenOS Operation Team as our guests to this AMA. They already started sharing their answers there and you should really check it out. There's even an exciting news about a community-favorite feature: AOD.
    • OnePlus Support
    Nothing is more important to us than the health and wellbeing of our employees, customers, community members, partners, and the entire OnePlus family. OnePlus remains committed to serve and provide continuity of after-sales services during these uncertain times. Click here to see more of the Returns and Warranty Update posted by @Tom B.
    Staying at home can also be fun when you are with the community fellows. This week we were having great time playing different games every day. Do you like these games?
    • Addressing the recent forum issues
    In the past few days some of you faced issues with the web version of the Community. We sincerely apologize for all the inconvenience experience and @Amanda W. shared a clarification.
    • Why OnePlus
    @Trista W. launched a new series event called “Why OnePlus”. Every month, we talk with users around the globe—from the Mediterranean to the Ganges river—to listen to each heartbeat pumping blood around OnePlus Community. Our first guest is Mohan Dagha, who has been with OnePlus Community since December 2014 and part of the Global Moderator Team. Let’s see who will be the guests next month!

• Shot on OnePlus
    Shot On OnePlus is still running, grab the last chance to join in March. Big shout out to my dear photography expert team (@script, @cdnfarmer, @woSch, @Bouncer71 , @TibiTibi , @otto2 , and @hennes ) who are always supporting this contest behind the scene. New theme is coming for the next month.

WechatIMG27.jpeg
    Not sure if you have noticed some of our users have already started showing off some cool hoodies. ;)

MicrosoftTeams-image (1).png
    Stay at home, stay safe

WechatIMG30.jpeg
    Shot on OnePlus 7t Pro​

@Amanda W.'s flowers have always been the one of the most beautiful scenes in the office. I hope it puts you in a good mood. Also, I would like to ask how you think community can make joint contribution to help people during the current situation. Comment if you have any thoughts to share.

2. Jimbo the Great
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 27, 2020

xcamden, NXZ111, luigimario and 11 others like this.
  3. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Mar 27, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Awesome week!! I can't wait to see what will happen soon, I'm all ready :cool:

About ideas to help during the quarantine... It'd be amazing having a writers club. Tho repeating the gaming days would be cool too!

Thank you @Zach X., take care and enjoy the weekend!! :D

4. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Mar 27, 2020

Dresa91 , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Hey @Zach X. :)
    thank you for this weekly update:)
    I noticed the hoodie wave :p
    have a great weekend everyone and stay safe and healthy:)
    I am very excited about the next weeks:)

Alvie, Gaston NP, luxuskamel and 12 others like this.
  5. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 27, 2020

camohan , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Fun packed week.

I got a chance to meet Amanda and she has a charming personality. No wonder she like flowers.

There's a thin line between being a hero and being a memory. - Optimus Prime.

Stay safe, Stay Indoors. Don't think you are Super Human.

Alvie, Gaston NP, luxuskamel and 14 others like this.
  6. Batman360 , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Mar 27, 2020 :
    This was surely one busy week in the Oneplus community. So much interactions, games, AMAs, creativity flowing around. Days of lockdown are not so boring now. Hoping next week to be more awesome[e]1f525[/e][e]1f64c[/e]
    Kudos!!

Alvie, otto2, Bouncer71 and 8 others like this.
  7. V1568917783282
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2020

8. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 27, 2020

YRJ , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Wow! Thanks for the update @Zach X.
    A lot has happened this week, you managed to round it all up well ;)
    They are beautiful flowers @Amanda W. :hearteyes:
    Thanks for sharing them :)

Have a wonderful weekend all.
    Hanwa as @script likes to say it :p

Alvie, Amanda W., otto2 and 8 others like this.
  9. Yunusrg
    Froyo Mar 27, 2020

NXZ111 likes this.
  10. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Mar 27, 2020

Wonderwoman13 , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Thankyou for the weekly wrapup, Zach!
    It was a fun-filled week!!! :cool:
    Also, can't wait...for the upcoming big thing!:D so excited!

And well, Amanda's flowers have such a pretty colour! Wow!! Definitely, put me in a good mood.;)

Especially during these current situation, it would be great to add some interactive threads like the WFT threads. I miss them!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020

11. BeingIncog
    Nougat Mar 27, 2020

12. G_Hrithik_Rajput_Chauhan
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2020

G_Sanjay_Solomon_BbDi likes this.
  13. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 27, 2020

script , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Hey Zach, what a nice weekly, even with flowers. The world is like it is, difficult in many ways. Good that we all have the forum.

Want to have a coffee with me?

Coffee break

All the best, hanwa, :)

Script

Alvie, Gaston NP, otto2 and 8 others like this.
  14. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Mar 27, 2020

Cheetosdust , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Hello @Zach X.

thank you for taking the time to write the Weekly - such an astute summary of a memorable week. It was great to read The Lab is back. Like you mentioned, one of the oldest - and more treasured - traditions here on the community. Can't wait to read all the reviews.

@Amanda W. those are some soothing flowers, a perfect way to end the week. Thank you for that and especially for your message addressing the technical problems here on the forums. A great message, informative and straight to the point. Truly appreciated it.

Thanks to everyone on the team for their hard work these past few days. Hope everyone there and here on the forums are safe. To all of you reading this, stay awesome and healthy, have the best possible weekend. :)

So much this! I miss them too, so I hope they'll make a return soon. :cool:

Alvie, Amanda W., cdnfarmer and 6 others like this.
  15. S1585161237530
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2020

S1585161237530 , Mar 27, 2020 :
    I'm facing a problem with slow motion camera.... it's recording blurry vision... pls fix it in the update

16. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer Mar 27, 2020

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 27, 2020 :
    @Zach X. can you please! please! please! explain the hoodies to me! I've been asking all over this week and no one was allowed to answer! I would like to get one too! why did only some people get? and not others?

also I have what I think would be a good idea for something that the community can do together to bring a smile to people's faces!

basically I was jogging outside along a path in a park and I saw on the ground that someone had written in chalk to keep smiling! it really put a smile on my face to see the positivity even during these stressful days!

so my idea is that you should make a contest that all of us in the community should go out (while social distancing, so maybe go out at night when people aren't around) and write in chalk (or some sort of writing that will wash away with the rain as to not publicly deface anyting) some sort of positive message in a place people will see it like a street or sidewalk or a running path, maybe even just putting up signs next to public roadways! basically we should spread positivity and it costs next to nothing and could change someone's day! (I know it changed mine)

17. MosheG1

18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 27, 2020

YRJ , Mar 27, 2020 :
    I am sure they will tell us more about it when they can ;) Don't lose heart moshe :)
    I love the idea Moshe. It would be absolutely amazing if the community can do this. However, I will not be able to take part in any outdoor activity as we are prohibited from leaving our houses.

19. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Mar 27, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Mar 27, 2020 :
    I'm not sure about other countries but if I get caught going out at night to write on chalks I could be either arrested or forced to pay money I don't have. So... I don't think is a good idea...

Alvie, otto2, cdnfarmer and 6 others like this.
  20. MosheG1

MosheG1 , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Mar 27, 2020 :

even chalk? it's totally washable! also it doesn't have to be that... maybe everyone should do some sort of act of kindness or spread a message of positivity in their own way and take a picture of it and post what they did and that will be the contest, that way everyone can doing something that is not illegal and they are able to do!
    what do you think @Zach X.

Alvie, cdnfarmer, Bouncer71 and 3 others like this.