Weekly update 328: Big things are coming

1. obakesan
    Jelly Bean Mar 27, 2020

obakesan , via OnePlus 7T Pro , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Hoodies are probably a virtual launch of community members, possibly mods and brand ambassadors etc who have been selected to promote the oneplus 8 in some sort of marketing hype train since a physical launch is of the cards due to what is happening in the world. The hoodie says coming soon so it will be real old real fast after the launch. This is just my guess and speculation.

It's a great idea to spread positivity, all for that, but there is a reason why countries have a lockdown and order its citizens to stay at home, and to stop the spread. While it's a great gesture by rallying people even at night at safe distance you are simply not helping the problem and potentially exposing those and others around you.

Amanda W. likes this.
  2. DevAro
    Cupcake Mar 27, 2020

Attached Files:

Texasaggie1 likes this.
  3. Helder_DAlmeida , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Mar 27, 2020 :
    Thanks for the update @Zach X.
    It really was a week with a lot going on here in the community, from The Lab to the daily games. All of this is very important so that we can all have fun while we are at home because of the pandemic. Keep safe all. #stayathome "Never Settle 🇵🇹

4. Texasaggie1
    US Brand Ambassador Mar 27, 2020

5. KnightofScorpio
    US Brand Ambassador Mar 27, 2020

6. S1585360300552
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020

7. Rishi@chandra
    Cupcake Mar 28, 2020

8. MKT_IRFAN3735
    Jelly Bean Mar 28, 2020

B.I.T.S. and Deactivated User like this.
  9. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Mar 28, 2020

Bouncer71 , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Thanks a ton @Zach X. for the weekly, OnePlus for keeping the Community busy with all sorts of activities while most have to stay at home or doing it freely...!
    And OMG
    IMG_20200325_164718__01_001.jpg
    For the Tag... :D
    Although working hard every day that all of my colleagues and co-workers can keep their jobs and income ( almost half of our shops are already closed down Europe wide), I still have Wednesday and Sunday to do my part in SOOP. And I'm thankful for the distraction and the interaction with the team (friends).. :)
    So for everyone's sanity keep them activities coming, even if some might say it's too much..
    Better to have more options to choose from and miss some, than boredom... ;)

Well, should not effect the reviewing so much...
    Photography and videos will be a challenge for those who need to stay at home...
    But hey...
    Maybe we'll see another million dollars Potato.. ;)
    Or Apple, Banana, Carrot,....
    Avocado...??? 🤔
    [​IMG]
    o_O:tearsofjoy:

Stay safe, stay positive my friends...
    Have a smile on your face and you'll get a smile back as an reward... :)

10. otto2
    Photography Expert Mar 28, 2020

otto2 , Mar 28, 2020 :
    IMG_20200325_134043__01_001.jpg

Hello my dear community friends.

Hard times around, stay safe, stay at home, but always be optimistic. The New device will be here, soon.

But right now it s also our duty to help each other as much as possible. And maybe we should try a bit more?
    Supporting our local, small Shops, cinemas, Restaurants etc. should be obligatory. How to do? That s your Part, find it out and tell us. Every country, yes, every Region has its own rules and laws now, so i can only talk for my home place. Here Restaurants had to close, but they re still allowed to sell some meal to go. So how about ask some neighbours and order your lunch or dinner and pick it up? You can lay it on your neighbour s door to avoid contact. Local cinemas are streaming here very special Art movies, how about a cinema evening in your living room, but this time the money goes to your local heroes instead of some big anonymous companies?
    How about you? What do you think, people and community can do to help each other out now? Are there some help Organisations searching volunteers - tell us about it!
    Do you need some help, because you or your family is in trouble? Tell us about it, maybe someone here will be able to help in some way.

Btw: Thank you Oneplus for changing support rules due to this situation, this is a realistic solution and a good start.

All the best to you all,

Otto

MosheG1, the_o2, Gaston NP and 10 others like this.
  11. Amanda W.
    Head of Community Staff Member Mar 28, 2020

Amanda W. , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I think the online plans would be more appropriate during this situation. But we really didn't know what to do for people who are in trouble, lonely or even bored when they have to stay at home.

MosheG1, Bouncer71, B.I.T.S. and 5 others like this.
  12. otto2
    Photography Expert Mar 28, 2020

otto2 , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I agree, therfore i ve asked community about their ideas. Maybe there should start some contest for the best ideas community helped to realize? Each country could search, and the winner could be called "Oneplus local hero"?

13. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 28, 2020

YRJ , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I do agree, something that the community can do from home would be great!
    We could continue Weekend Fun Time or maybe pick up - Mundane Mondays maybe the community can brainstorm and send you ideas is any?

14. Amanda W.

;)Stay at home~

Wonderwoman13, Bouncer71, YRJ and 4 others like this.
  15. Amanda W.

Coooool

Bouncer71, B.I.T.S., YRJ and 3 others like this.
  16. camohan
    Marshmallow Moderator Mar 28, 2020

camohan , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I know of a funny place you can join to kick your boredom.

Bouncer71, B.I.T.S., Dresa91 and 3 others like this.
  17. script
    Nougat Moderator Mar 28, 2020

script , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I had an idea for the next soop contest theme, but it's rather a funny and more entertaining idea, than a photo contest challenge. So, when the new official theme is finally revealed, i will reveal my idea parallel to that in off topic. In a few days:)

All the best to all,

Screenshot_20200321-103622-01.jpeg

And stay at home!

Script

18. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer Mar 28, 2020

YRJ , Mar 28, 2020 :
    The problem is how will the package containing the mysterious device reach the selected reviewers o_O

That photo is soooo much better than the potato photo :cool: :D

Stay safe Bouncer ;)

Bouncer71, B.I.T.S., otto2 and 2 others like this.
  19. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 28, 2020

dsmonteiro , Mar 28, 2020 :
    I see some great ideas out there, but I want to put out one myself.

Folding@Home is quite big these days.

It's a distributed computing project for performing molecular dynamics simulations of protein dynamics. Anyone can join by sharing their CPU or GPU (and a bit of their electric bill as a result) when they are not needing it. They focus on several diseases, but right now the biggest one is obviously Coronavirus.

Because of that, people and companies are pitching in and they now have a processing power bigger than the world's TOP 7 supercomputers combined, having achieved Exascale earlier this month. That a billion billion (i.e. a quintillion) calculations per second.

Thanks to that, researchers can find potential drug targets and speed up the discovery of potential new drugs.

So, if you have PCs that can help, please consider joining Folding@Home. Better yet, try convincing companies that are currently closed down to use their PCs to help. Let's help find new drugs!

20. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Mar 28, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Mar 28, 2020 :
    Yes, ma'am!! :p
    Not thinking in going out at all :cool:

This is awesome! I'm joining now.

I was also thinking that would be good having a thread where everyone can add their ideas and make a list with activities like books, movies, series, music, workouts, things for kids, projects ongoing we can join to help (like here in Spain textile companies - and some particulars - are sewing masks to send to all those ones that have to be working and don't have any resources), a place where people can find a bit of help to keep heads healthy...

I read above about creating a contest but I think that now we need to be altruistic and give the best of us without expecting anything in return, tho is just my thinking... :rolleyes: