Weekly Update 335: Stay creative, stay strong!

1. Crystal Z.
    Global Community <3 Staff Member May 16, 2020

Crystal Z. , May 16, 2020 :
    Week 335.png

What's up wormies,

You know what? Community got featured in OnePlus' internal newsletter yesterday with a quick introduction to the 511K comments-long thread – Wormhole. :D:D:D And when Human Resources interviewed us asking what's the biggest treasure of the community, our answer was easy – the users. We're always proud to say that we have the most friendly, most creative, most talented and most diverse group of users in the world wide web.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope that more staff members from various teams can join the community to experience the fun by themselves.

Well, let's not forget about the recent weekly highlights.

A few official news
    First, as @Amanda W. stated earlier this week, we've updated some forums rules and refreshed the moderation team's structure. Being a regular forum user, do remember to check out the latest warning point system and let's make it a clean and cool place for everyone. These changes are just a start, we'll put more effort on optimizing the overall experience.

@Joel Jacob launched the Red Cable Club Journal and welcomed you to share some fresh OnePlus and tech news.

Things to do while staying at home
    • Reading
      • I always thought I didn't like reading, but the data on my reading apps proved me wrong. I finished 10 short romance novels in the past 3 months, with over 10 hrs reading time per week. Even though I forgot most of the stories right away, I still feel quited relaxed when reading. Check out @B.I.T.S. ' Books & Reading habits to find like minded friends and maybe some good book recommendations.
      • If you'd like to read more about the OnePlus 8 Series, our US Brand Ambassadors have something new for you – OnePlus 8 Series: Attention to Detail
      • If you're considering the new OnePlus Bullets Wireless Z, you can find more details in @suhantm's review.
    • (Co-)Creation
      • We've opened the door to the second online Open Ears Forums, focusing on OnePlus 8 Series' Camera, where we'll also showcase some future camera concepts and develop them together with you. Do not hesitate in applying if you are interested in having an in-depth talk with the product managers and getting such exclusive information.
      • We already have plenty of cool wallpapers from the Creative Wallpaper Contest, but we believe our talented community can bring us more. For a chance to win the exclusive OnePlus 8 Series bundle, seize the chance and release your creativity.
        wallpaper001.png wallpaper002.jpg
    • Stay Strong
      • Are you interested in getting featured in OnePlus' upcoming Stay Strong music video? Here's your chance – submit a short video of you, sharing your warm wishes with the world by May 25, 23:59 HKT. The selected will get a pair of Bullets Wireless Z.
    • Have fun with the community
      • @Cheetosdust shared a good news for some game lovers - Grand Theft Auto V is FREE on the Epic Games Store. Go get it and share your memories with the community. @luigimario took things even further and challenged users to GTA V game night.
      • Do you have a post-lockdown plan? If you don't have one yet, it's never too late. Try to update your plans in @YRJ's Hello Weekend thread, and stick to it.
    Alright, that should wrap the week, feel free to leave your comment in this thread if I missed anything. And happy weekend!

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 May 16, 2020

3. B_Wrath
    Nougat May 16, 2020

Caomhin, the_o2, buntycubal and 12 others like this.
  4. Batman360
    KitKat May 16, 2020

Batman360 , May 16, 2020 :
    Heyy there @Crystal Z. nicely summed up😁
    Wormhooliganss we accomplished another milestone🔥😍

P.S. My dragon art is in the GIF 🙈🙈

P.S.S. 😂😂😂
    Screenshot_20200516-203042__01.jpg

5. mahtab1900
    Gingerbread May 16, 2020

6. gaster
    Lollipop Moderator May 16, 2020

7. Fatih Aşkın
    Gingerbread May 16, 2020

xinhehe, G_plusone, MosheG1 and 5 others like this.
  8. luxuskamel
    Lollipop May 16, 2020

luxuskamel , May 16, 2020 :
    first of all thanks for the update, crystal!

Yayyy I think its the second time ever(?) that the wormhole is featured in an weekly update. But with half a million messages- that's if I calculated correctly an message every five minutes!! Can that even be true :eek::eek:
    The guys wrote a lot lot lot in 2015

Nice! Love seeing my wall :D

Wanted to join but its not a priority rn, but its a great contest and I think there will be amazing results from that!

Will do!:cool:

9. script
    Nougat Moderator May 16, 2020

script , May 16, 2020 :
    Thx Crystal for another fine weekly, and many congratulations to the wormhole. I always agree - this is a great creative community.

All the best, have fun, and

cc8859ee-f40b-4588-80c7-24c1a855eb8f.jpg

Script

10. Last edited: May 17, 2020

11. aris
    Jelly Bean May 16, 2020

12. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert May 17, 2020

Bouncer71 , May 17, 2020 :
    Great Weekly @Crystal Z.. !
    Thanks...!

Woohoo... Wormhooligans... !!! ;)
    congrats to the 500k... :D

And Heja @Ruby G.

Bitmoji Weekend Fun Groupfie got an overwhelming 3 pics in the slide...
    Thanks to @buntycubal, @TibiTibi, @the_o2, @script, @Shivang Joshi, @Starcommander, @G_plusone and everyone else I forgotten for keeping this gem alive... :)

The fun continues never stops... :D

I wonder if "Guess the Pic" is still going...

Guess who didn't get notification for a very long time... ;)

But there's one thing I don't like...
    The text based Weekly title pics..

It was better when some community members Photo was shared.. Way easier to notice that there's a new weekly...
    And 15 minutes of fame for some lucky member... :D

Now it's just Letters and numbers, that's kinda sad... :(

13. TibiTibi
    Photography Expert May 17, 2020

TibiTibi , May 17, 2020 :
    Thank you @Crystal Z.
    Updated.
    Nice memories seeing the animations.
    I missed the oef.
    Maybe next time.

Postcard from the universe
    IMG_20200517_001314379.jpg

So long and 10q for all the fish.

the_o2, buntycubal, Bouncer71 and 7 others like this.
  14. MosheG1
    The Lab - OnePlus 8 Pro Reviewer May 17, 2020

15. F1562165107205
    Eclair May 17, 2020

16. G_plusone
    Marshmallow May 17, 2020

G_plusone , May 17, 2020 :
    Thanks for the weekly update Crystal an awesome one :)
    I like seeing Wormies got Featured and For the Bitmoji weekend Group Photo Thread. It brings back so many great memories :)
    Love seeing works of @luxuskamel @AndreeaNeverSettles @Batman360 and other Photographs from the community

Nice to know about the Mod restructuring, Online OEF, Let's Talk weekend Threads, Red Cable Club Journal, Contests ...

Indeed it is still going on after such a Long time only because of all these lovely people :)
    Probably not going on
    But even if it were we won't get notifications :D

Enjoy your weekend everyone

17. Batman360
    KitKat May 17, 2020

18. U1531920772167
    Donut May 17, 2020

U1531920772167 , via OnePlus 8 , May 17, 2020 :
    OnePlus don't care we need to flood them with bugreport and feedback! this is unacceptable for such priced phone, when my Mi10 from China works out of box with VoLTE this doesn't even work when I buy from OnePlus directly in Singapore...this company failed at making a phone work at a phone call. anyone official can comment ?

G_plusone likes this.

G_plusone and buntycubal like this.
  20. shrutikantpujari
    Cupcake May 17, 2020

G_plusone likes this.